Users

Frequent Posters

naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Vyasa - He was father of Pandu, Dhruti and Vidur

Jarasandh - 

Wasn't there a connection between Krishna's involvement with Pandavas and Bhima killing Jarasandh? I am not sure 

If he wasn't an emperor then it would have been either Kuru or Panchal 

Uloopi - She got Arjun out of Brahmcharya, don't know how important it would have been in Arjun's marriage to Subhadra but he wouldn't have married Chitra

Her son is worshipped in South India, I remember he is married to Krishna as well, I don't know how but I read Krishna married Iravan 

i think he wanted to experience marriage before dying, so krishna took women form and married him. though im not sure if it was iravan😕

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: naq5

i think he wanted to experience marriage before dying, so krishna took women form and married him. though im not sure if it was iravan😕

Iravan-Krishna is folklore and contradicts MBh because Iravan is present in Kurkshetra and dies fighting for the Pandavas.

Furthermore, the folklore is highly unpleasant. Am always supportive of relationships between consenting adults, straight or gay, but acc to the story, Iravan was a mere boy. On Arjuna's request, he married Krishna who was in girl form and then, Arjuna and Krishna killed Iravan the next day. Basically, story says Arjuna ***ped out his underage son to Krishna, and the two adults killed the boy the next day. All this for good omen for the war. 

I'm glad Iravan is mentioned in Kurukshetra in MBh canon. If this folk story had the slightest chance of being true, the protags would have become irredeemable for me. Hurting children is beyond limits for me and one of the major reasons I loathe Karna.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 4 years ago
naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Iravan is folklore and contradicts MBh because Iravan is present in Kurkshetra and dies fighting for the Pandavas.

Furthermore, the folklore is highly unpleasant. Am always supportive of relationships between consenting adults, straight or gay, but acc to the story, Iravan was a mere boy. On Arjuna's request, he married Krishna who was in girl form and then, Arjuna and Krishna killed Iravan the next day. Basically, story says Arjuna ***ped out his underage son to Krishna, and the two adults killed the boy the next day. All this for good omen for the war. 

I'm glad Iravan is mentioned in Kurukshetra in MBh canon. If this folk story had the slightest chance of being true, the protags would have become irredeemable for me. Hurting children is beyond limits for me and one of the major reasons I loathe Karna.

oh okk. i dint know the folkfore properly and i dint know it stated his father himself was involved in killing him.. i only remembered he wanted to experience marriage. why he was dying i dint remember😕

how weird these folkfores are though 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Actually if Vyasa were removed, Satyavati might have called in Shanthanu's brother to do niyog. Who knows what those kids might have been like?

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Actually if Vyasa were removed, Satyavati might have called in Shanthanu's brother to do niyog. Who knows what those kids might have been like?

I don't think the Niyog could be done by father/uncle/father in law/uncle in law etc. 

Even for Niyog they did keep some limits. 

She might have instead called the cousins of Vichitraveer though

Ok what if Chitrangad didn't exist

Vr15h thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Now remove -

1 Vyasa the influencer (Not the writer) 

2 Jarasandh

3 Uloopi

When we do these experiments, do we assume that only that one character is gone, or all the 3 listed?

1. No sons for Ambika or Ambalika. Hastinapur may have passed on to Bahlika/Somadatta, and would have been united w/ Kambhuja (North Kashmir/Pamir/East Tajikistan) under one king
  2. Krishna's killing of Kansa would have invited no retaliation, and his people would never have moved to Dwarka.  It's not clear that there would have been a rallying point for his enemies: it's not even clear that princes like Rukmi, Sishupala would have been his enemies.  For Yudhisthir, it would have just meant he could have started the Rajasuya yagna even earlier, while for Sahadev, it would have meant no wifey #2.  But the real benefits would have gone to the Yadavas
  3. Uloopi - no Iravana, and no battle b/w Arjun and Babruvahana (since it was Uloopi who convinced the latter to fight his father).  So as far as the Vasus curse went, Arjun would have gone to hell when he died, w/ no wifey to rescue him
Vr15h thumbnail

Okay, remove Balarama, Amba and Kripacharya

Vr15h thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

Ok what if Chitrangad didn't exist

No Babruvahana

Same thing as no Uloopi: Arjun would have gone to hell after he died, instead of being  united w/ Vishnu

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

No Babruvahana

Same thing as no Uloopi: Arjun would have gone to hell after he died, instead of being  united w/ Vishnu

I said Chitrangad (elder brother of Vichitraveer) not Chitrangada