Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 years ago

It is written in shree madh bhagwat that   

When arjun stay there out side palace of dwarika f 4 month during rainy season  then after 4 month that is chaturmasa Lord balram invite arjun for dinner  ( though Lord balram did not recognize arjun because arjun was in disguise form. Only krishna recognize  arjun) 

When arjun having dinner  he saw subhdra   and at that time subhdra also saw arjun  and fell in  love with arjun and wanting him to be husband 

I have already in previous post that subhdra  though fell in love with arjun but she did not close it 

Coming to krishna it Is written many times in shreemaddh bhagwat  that sometimes Lord krishna behave as human being like he don't know anything but actually he knows 

Lord krishna is totally unimaginable 

Even  subhdra never express her feeling to arjun or any other family but still  in heart she want arjun to be her husband   

She wanted arjun   as her husband that means she want arjun as her husband 

If subhdra did not want  arjun as husband then why will she wish arjun  as her husband in heart 

If subhdra did not want arjun to be her husband then she would have not wish in her heart  arjun to become her husband 

Subhadra falling in love with arjun and wanting arjun  as husband clearly mention bwritten in shreemaddh bhagwat

Subhdra wanting arjun as husband mention in shreemaddh bhagwat  canto 10 chapter 86  Text  7

Edited by surabhi01 - 3 years ago
FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

As I mentioned above the feeling in heart isn't a criteria in deciding whether or not a marriage is Gandharva Vivah

I never denied that Subhadra didn't love Arjun at heart, I simply said she never expressed it

A marriage could be Gandharva Vivah only when the willingness to marry has been "Expressed" by both the parties. Since Subhadra had never expressed her feelings and Arjun didn't know that Subhadra loves him, hence his action will be only abduction and not Gandharva Vivah. 

Irrespective of the inner feelings of Subhadra, in the absence of her expressing it, Arjun had abducted Subhadra and had a Rakshas Vivah.

Edited by FlauntPessimism - 3 years ago
surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Arjun didn't not have rakshas  vivah 

He come to dwarika and married to subhdra and balram  gave both gifts   

Lord balram was happy that means his sister is happy with marriage

It might be prajapatya vivah or bhram vivah  if it not gandharv  vivah 

Vivah 

Vasudev ( devki husband) must have done  kanyadan of  subhdra  

If it is rakshas vivah then  arjun would have not return dwarika and married 

He would have forcibly married to subhdra  somewhere in unknown place 

Edited by surabhi01 - 3 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: RamKiSeeta

Whether we go by SB or MB, Subhadra and Arjuna didn't have a "love" marriage. It was a kidnap, but the whole love story theory came from the chapter later on when Subhadra meets Draupadi after her marriage, and she indicates that she loves Arjuna. Her behavior is not at all like that of Amba, who was averse to getting kidnapped like her sisters by Bhishma. But whatever may be her feelings, it was a kidnap, and as per Krishna's instructions, Arjuna returns to Dwaraka after kidnapping Subhadra and gets properly married to her once Krishna appeases Balarama. They did not have a gandharva vivaha. SB also describes how after the marriage, the Yadavas do follow the newlyweds to Indraprastha where they spend some months with their relatives there. Vasudeva is mentioned as part of the entourage, as is Balarama. 

So the whole theory of Vasudeva and Kunti never meeting each other doesn't make sense to me. There were ample opportunities, even if the text doesn't explicitly describe their names.

In this chapter in SB, Kunti does meet and talk to Vasudev

Originally posted by: Srimad Bhagavatam

When Queen Kuntī saw her brother Vasudeva and other members of her family, she put aside her sorrow. Yet still she said to Vasudeva, “O brother, I am so unfortunate, because all of you forgot me during my tribulations. Alas, even one’s relatives forget a person whom Providence no longer favors.”

Vasudeva replied, “My dear sister, everyone is merely a plaything of fate. We Yādavas were so harassed by Kaṁsa that we were forced to scatter and take shelter in foreign lands. So there was no way for us to keep in touch with you.”

This also contradicts the theory - posted in the BRC forum - that Kunti had some underlying resentment towards her brother and her birth family