Corona Virus (COVID -19) #3

kchaims thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Hey guys, 

Since covid-19 has been declared as a pandemic by WHO, we thought it would be a good idea to share some details about this disease. 

There have been around 4000+ deaths in the entire world. China,Italy, Iran and South Korea have the most positive cases. 

India has 73 cases as of now with 3 recovered cases. 

How can we prevent this Virus from spreading more : 

1. Clean your hands properly and do not touch your face or mouth often. 

2. Avoid public gatherings

3. Do not forward unscientific methods or treatments through social media.

4. If you have travel history from Covid affected countries in the past 14 days, please call the state helpline number. 

5. Please get yourself tested if you have come in contact with anyone who has been confirmed to have COVID.

6. Cover your mouth with a tissue while you sneeze or cough.

7. Avoid 1 meter distance with anyone who has cold or fever. 

8. If you are using public transport, please do use N95 masks and use hand sanitizer to clean your hands.

9. Follow the proper way while using a mask.

What are the general symptoms? 

1. Cough 

2. Fever

3. Shortness of Breath

We can keep this thread updated from time to time so that it helps everyone of us. Please do not post things without confirming it first. 

You can refer to these links for more help https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019

http://www.mohfw.gov.in

Note: 

Please do not bring in any political/ communal discussion here. Please dont post fake news. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kchaims thumbnail

I am copy pasting these rules here too :

Hey guys, 

Here are some points which you can keep in mind while posting in this thread :

1. Do not bring in politics. You can share Covid related videos shared by politicians too but only discuss it with regards to the pandemic. Do not go into details of political issues. 

2. Do not communalise this pandemic. For example: you can share videos about positive cases from Tablighi Jamaat/any other gathering which has resulted in corona cases, but generalising an entire community based on it is not allowed. Do not discuss the religious/political side. for ex: xyz politician is supporting them etc. TJ is a radical islam group and discussion on it etc. 

3. The first case of COVID was in china, so discussing it is allowed but do not post xenophobic comments. 

4. Please verify the news you post. Please post article link only and not the entire article. 

5. If someone is not following rules, please go ahead and report the post rather than replying to it. 

6. Do not moral police. It's not necessary that everyone has same political/religious views. Please respect each others views. 

7. Report only once. Each report will be handled within a time period of 4 days. The report has to be clear. Please just mention the line which you think has broken rule. Please do not threaten/question DT in reports.  

If anyone is seen breaking any rules, their warning level will be increased without any warning PM. 

Please PM me for any questions. 

tabby999 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Thanks for the new thread 

Sutapasima thumbnail

Thank you Billi for the new thread

God knows how many threads we might need until we see the end of this Pandemic 

MochaQueen thumbnail

can we have this thread stickied in place of old one please

tabby999 thumbnail

Hi billicat..

I hope u return soon to solve our problem 

Viswasruti thumbnail

Thank you Billi for the new thread. πŸ€— 

You are right Suta. For the first time, we are fearing for the continuation of the chain of threads.πŸ˜• Hope, soon the impact of the dreaded disease decreased and mankind lives in peace. 

Edited by Viswasruti - 3 years ago
tabby999 thumbnail

Don't want to have a long thread of this ..

But this was a place where we all use to give ,get and share out information ...

Last two threads are destroyed and this thread goes for how long no idea ...

Feeling highly miserable 

Sutapasima thumbnail

Quoting from previous thread .

Originally posted by: mnx12

One has to study a subject to understand depth of indications. To a layman it may sound like a pc of fiction, to ridicule. 

Astrology is used to plan for future. Our scriptures are powerful. Only one needs to read & interprete. Our Durga saptashati, has shlokas for calamities. For mahamari, goddess is to be prayed powerful shloka is mentioned. 

" Om Jayanti Mangala Kali Bhadrakali Kapalini 

Durga Kshama Shiva Dhatri Swaha Swadha namostute".

There is one more for diseases. 

Very famaous, "Maha Mrityunjaya mantra", is useful. 

This situation is like a war. Most of the countries are fighting against this pandemic. If our efforts are on war footing, then favourable result is expected. If we fight like the way we tackle normal cold & flue, then we are unprepared.

How  beautifully you explain Minakshi smiley20smiley42

Thanks for sharing Durga Shaptashati shloka, and the Maha Mrityunjay Mantra πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

allow me to add here ...

Om Thryambhakam Yajamahe

Sugandhim Pushtivardhanam

Urvarukamiva Bandhanaan

Mrithyor Mukshiya Mamrithaath

OM. We worship and adore you, O three-eyed one, o Shiva. You are sweet gladness, the fragrance of life, who nourishes us, restores our health, and causes us to thrive. As, in due time, the ripe cucumber is freed from the vine, so free us from attachment and death, and grant us liberation and immortality.

May God, Lord Shiva, bless you for this chanting of the Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra. In fact this mantra is the invincible spiritual weapon against all evil, perversion and darkness of this ending kali yuga.....including Corona virus  Absolutely POWERFUL

πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Sutapasima thumbnail

Friends come n share some quarantine humor 

Quarantine Travel Puns

*Oman*, I really can't wait to *Rome* around.

*Venice* this going to get over?

You can't say when this lockdown will be over, *Kenya*?

Quarantine has made my *Delhi* routine too boring.

I've been *Washington's* of utensils.

This *Spain* is real.

Stay home, stay safe. What's the *Russia*?

Maybe *Indore* is not such a bad place after all.

Wives are now *Cochin* their  husbands new skills (dish washing, mopping?)

At this rate, I see my savings *Dublin* 

I've decided to finally wear my *New Jersey* which I've been storing for ages

*Mysore* throat is on account of endless Zoom chats these days. 

We need all the *Lucknow* more than ever before..

I'm sorry, but *Iran* out of travel puns.

*DUBAI* your masks and gloves and wear them😷