wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 3 years ago

Wow! Thank you so much Swati di! 🤗

BTW what did Shuka get cursed for? 😕

DamRyeong thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

I tried to look for some authentic source but couldn't find it. there are many characters (or names) which are overlapping with both Ramayan and Mahabharat times. The whole story related to Shuka that how a baby parrot (just born) got to heat moksha secret from Lord Shiva. He saved himself by entering the mouth of Vyas's wife and hiding in her womb- got birth as a human but since he was a parrot- he got Shuka name. 

but this story doesn't align much with how he ended up in Lanka. I am pretty sure about reading something in Ram Charit Manas that when Shuka praised Lord Rama in front of Ravana (after he had lost almost everyone), Ravan abandoned him and he went for shelter in Shri Ram's feet and started spiritual life (or i think got moksha). 

these two stories still don't add up though

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Ooh! I hadn't heard of this story before! :D

ExoticDisaster thumbnail

I had watched Suka's story on Srimad Bhagwat Puran on Colors channel but never heard about it in Ramayana though ðŸ˜”

DamRyeong thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: ShiriFictionPen

I had watched Suka's story on Srimad Bhagwat Puran on Colors channel but never heard about it in Ramayana though ðŸ˜”

yeah! i couldn't find an authentic source. I will again check Lanka and chapter in Ram Charit Manas.

VS-Cool thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ShiriFictionPen

I had read somewhere :

First  Rishi Rishyashringa who conducted the Putra Kameshthi Yagya, which resulted in Narayana's descent in the world.

Second Rishi Vashishta, the kul guru of the Raghu Dynasty

Third  Rishi Vishwamitra,

Fourth Rishi Atri, the husband of Anusuya

Fifth RIshi Agastya

Agastya taught Rama the 'Aditya Hridayam'-  a stotra in praise of the Sun God which when chanted with sincerity, makes the person victorios. Rama recited this just before killing Ravan

Finally  Rishi Valmiki.

Nice post 

They Met Sharbhang Rishi as well...And we don't know how many more rishis they met in real...  the era was full of saints

Also in this Ramanand Sagar's Ramayana they actually told detailed story of Rishi Agastya & Rishi Valmiki as well

But not much details about others were shown