Why didn't Juhi Chawla have a long successful career?

Mugda thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Was it her spat with Aamir or was it her wrong movie choices?

Juhi Chawla thinks 1990 was 10 years ago, shares throwback photo ...

Juhi Chawla: Interesting facts

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Elvis12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

She did have a long career lasting from 1988 ( QSQT) to 2001 (1 2 ka 4 ) as a leading lady .After that she started doing character roles ..

Taify thumbnail

She had a long career, what are you talking about? :O 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

She started doing lame films from mid 90s itself 

lovemango thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Out of choice primarily - she said it herself on Koffee with Karan - 'after the kids, the career was almost over'. The Aamir spat was resolved by 2002-2003 itself. She got married to Jay Mehta in 1996 and had her daughter Janhvi in 2000/2001, and decided to transition from leading actress roles (her last leading movie was probably Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani, I believe One Two Ka Four was delayed) to producing and acting in character roles with Jhankaar Beats, My Brother Nikhil etc. 

Renee.Clare thumbnail
Most Liked (January 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

She did have long career and I guess a good one. Though, not a hyped one like others but as an actress, she has a good long career and she still is doing movies. 

nitritt9s thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

She has done the best of David dhawans film n has done different but suceesful films like 3deewarein jhankarbbeats my brother nikil I loved her in bol radha bol n she was mind-blowing in dhar n aina 

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

She had a long successful career..still working

Juhi was one of the top 3 at her peak..along with Madhuri and Sri who were contenders for top 2.

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

You gotta be kidding. Juhi Chawla has maintained an enviable position. Maybe "unlucky" at the time to be cornered by Sridevi and Madhuri, but she remained within the Top 5 for an entire decade. When the two former queens slowed right down and retired, she stormed ahead and had the best phase of her career (creatively speaking). In the case of Mads and Sri they had to have spectacular comebacks but as Juhi wasn't a super reigning queen she could plough on in supporting roles and it's done wonders for her. She could easily slip into an I Am or My Brother Nikhil and it didn't affect her "legacy". Even Kajol and Karisma were unable to achieve this because again they were too bigger superstars. And then you have Tabu and Manisha from that generation who have quietly been amazing us with great performances well into their 40s.

Sometimes it helps not to be a "QUEEN".

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

You gotta be kidding. Juhi Chawla has maintained an enviable position. Maybe "unlucky" at the time to be cornered by Sridevi and Madhuri, but she remained within the Top 5 for an entire decade. When the two former queens slowed right down and retired, she stormed ahead and had the best phase of her career (creatively speaking). In the case of Mads and Sri they had to have spectacular comebacks but as Juhi wasn't a super reigning queen she could plough on in supporting roles and it's done wonders for her. She could easily slip into an I Am or My Brother Nikhil and it didn't affect her "legacy". Even Kajol and Karisma were unable to achieve this because again they were too bigger superstars. And then you have Tabu and Manisha from that generation who have quietly been amazing us with great performances well into their 40s.

Sometimes it helps not to be a "QUEEN".

So if you dont reach the highest of highs then a downward spiral doesnt seem so bad ? The key is to maintain some success even if its small ??