Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Krithi Sanon or Krithi Karbana ?

Kharbanda 😆

Sanon is nowhere close.

coldbrew thumbnail

I use to like Krithi Sanon and thought she was just one film away from doing something special. Never happened 😆

It could've been Panipat if it hadn't bombed completely ... but the poster and trailer just looked so bleh I never even checked it out, plus arjun kapoor and sanjay dutt, no thanks.

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: DushtKanya

Yep, absolute nonsense. Thanks to the stereotypical image of Bollywood heroines that people have had over the years (which probably pushed Deepika towards resorting to skin-whitening).

Imo Pooja's complexion is one of the most beautiful things about her 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljBK-wMUhzU

I think Deepika used to be even more stunning before she did skin-whitening.

Some of her earlier pics:

Deepika Padukone during the promotion of their upcoming film Yeh ...

Deepika Padukone - Yeh Jawaani- Hai Deewani- Movie Launch ...

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Every outsider is not Priyanka Chopra ie talented and/ or hard working.  

Pooja is a glam doll and doing very well in South, but she is nothing home to write about.  Rather average in acting department.  I only very recently saw Alla Vaikunthapuramaloo..and she is like South ki Shraddha IMO.  

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: coldbrew

Kriti is tall, gori chitti with a model body and I guess that works.😆Try as I might, I just can't get over the atrocious nose and gummy smile in her close up shots.

Yeah same. Her nose and smile are so offputting  

coldbrew thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Yeah same. Her nose and smile are so offputting  

B'wood has plenty of dusky beauties but they have almost perfect features like Deepika, etc. but I can't imagine them surviving with Kriti's atrocious features. oh well .. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Pooja has a film coming with Bhai 👍🏼

The world will be watching ? 

HugeScarcity thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

But what about the actresses of the 2000's: aren't they all outsiders(except Sonam)?

Deepika, Kangana, Priyanka, Katrina, Vidya and Anushka?

What happened since then that no outsider has been able to make it big?

Outsiders are still making it big. In this decade, we have had Alia, Shraddha, Jacqueline, Kriti, Sonakshi, Disha, Sara, Kiara, and Taapsee emerge as known faces (based on Ormax data). Of these nine, four are outsiders.

The shelf-life of actors in general has also considerably increased so there are many more known faces already present in the market for producers. This means that there are fewer opportunities for anyone to get cast in the massive blockbusters that give you a wide reach. For example, a decade or more ago, SRK could work opposite newcomers in OSO or RBNDJ because it was more age-appropriate and there were fewer faces around. Today, SRK will almost never work opposite a newcomer so these young actresses are taking a bit longer to get that wide recognition. (You can see the same happened with the actors too. The Khans reigned as superstars and actors from this generation have emerged as stars but they haven't hit the superstardom yet)

Edited by HugeScarcity - 3 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: HugeScarcity

Outsiders are still making it big. In this decade, we have had Alia, Shraddha, Jacqueline, Kriti, Sonakshi, Disha, Sara, Kiara, and Taapsee emerge as known faces (based on Ormax data). Of these nine, four are outsiders.

Actually in the 9 girls you named 5 are outsiders. Krithi/Jackie/Disha/Kiara/Taapsee are

coldbrew thumbnail

Pooja has a film coming with Bhai 👍🏼

The world will be watching ? 

I didn't know you liked salman. we don't see eye to eye and the answer is NO. But I have no doubts "bhai" and his fanbase will make sure the movie is a blockbuster like always. 

Interesting name though.. Kabhi Eid Kabhi Diwali 😆