Web Series

Binge-worthy web series on Netflix India( Must Watch)

sadathossain thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

There was a time when you were scolded for sleeping in the class during the lecture. And, let me guess, you were sleeping because you were binge-watching back to back web series on Netflix, late at night. There was also a time when you could not finish your office presentation before the deadline. Why? Because you simply chose to binge-watch the Netflix series. So, there were times when you found it hard to binge watch due to your busy and hectic life. But, suddenly the world turned upside down with the rapid spread of coronavirus. And, here we are, stuck inside our homes, and feeling anxious about what comes next. And, most importantly, having ample time to binge watch on some of the cool web series on Netflix. So, here are some of the web series that can be watched and rewatched in this lockdown. And since, I like both the Indian and western web series, so to have a fair share, 

I will discuss Indian and western web series

Typewriter: 

Well, let’s admit this. When it comes to thriller, there are only two directors in Bollywood, who can give their best to this genre- Sriram Raghvan and Sujoy Ghosh. Sujoy Ghosh had really surprised us and his critics with his film Kahaani. From Kahaani to Ahalya to Badla, Sujoy Ghosh has really aced the genre of thriller. And, for the first time, he wrote and directed a horror thriller for Netflix, Typewriter. Typewriter revolves around a group of school kids, who are wannabe ghost hunters, set on a mission to solve the mystery behind a haunted house in Bardez, Goa. The five episodes of this series consist of a tightly bound script, amazing performances by the cast and a captivating horror angle with suspense lingering around it. 

You: 

If western thrillers are your choice, then ‘You' is for you. And you would surely get hooked up with Joe Goldberg. Joe Goldberg is the twisted and sociopathic lover, that every girl, deep down her heart, would wish for herself. His sinister obsession, his ‘nice guy’ charm, his calm composure in panic-inducing situations, somehow will make you root for him in certain situations. Watch it, only for Joe Goldberg. 

Sacred Games: 

It would be a sin to not feature this web series on this list. The innumerable memes made on this web series are a testimony to its popularity. Based on the novel by Vikram Chandra, this series is simply brilliant and you cannot resist yourself to binge-watch it. The series deals with a cat and mouse game between a police officer Sartaj Singh and an underworld kingpin Ganesh Gaitonde. Sacred Games is a perfect amalgamation of a modern crime drama with elements from Indian mythology. The stellar performances by the star cast and brilliant direction will leave you wanting for more. 

Money Heist : 

You won’t forgive me if I do not feature Money Heist in this list. The fourth season of this web series has been released recently and we have got a perfect reason to sit in our homes in this lockdown. The plot revolves around a group of eight people, lead by a criminal mastermind ‘The Professor’ who is set to carry the biggest robbery in recorded history. Every character in this series has been beautifully drawn. However, you cannot stop yourself falling for ‘The Professor’. It is definitely a must-watch in this lockdown period. 

Well, now you must be thinking why I have listed only four Web shows. Well yes, I could have listed more, like Stranger Things, Little Things, Sex Education and lots more. But you know what, yours truly writer is too busy to write about so many web series because she herself is binge-watching on them. Signing out there!!

Edited by sadathossain - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweet_chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

You should watch Dark -German series as well.. Believe me it's better than all the shows you have listed out

Mrignaini thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

If you're talking about Indian only then Taj Mahal 1989 is a decent watch mainly cos of the older casting; Geetanjali Kulkarni, Neeraj Kabi, Sheeba Chaddha.

Only Indian series I've liked on Netflix, otherwise Leila was a shitfest and blatant copy of Handmaid's Tale.

Otherwise there's Working Mom's, The Letdown, Afterlife, Mr Kim's. Would suggest binge watching Mad Men but that's due to leave Netflix this month. 

Tudors, Gilmore Girls for those who never got round to watching it when it aired on TV.

sadathossain thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Actually I am talking about Netflix India Series.

Ennuyi thumbnail

Delhi crime. Though its a difficult watch but really well made.

kyapa thumbnail

Enjoyed watching Ghoul and she ❤️