Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

purplesnow thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Udhay

If this is true, why did SRK hate Aishwarya Rai? 

Afaik, he didn't hate her.  He only didn't want to work with her because of sallu.

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Millenium Squad

After reading Mugda post I had the same question.. why did SRK had such effing hate to work with Aish again.. was Srk-Sallu love so strong.. it can't be that reason . Kuch to personal animosity hogi. 

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Shocked to know this! I mean Main Hoon Na was a stupid film anyway imo, but it did somehow become a big hit so that was obviously a loss for her...

But that said it was aloss for the film as well as aish would have looked and acted much better than Sushmita!

Anjalika01 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zeal17

After reading Mugda post I had the same question.. why did SRK had such effing hate to work with Aish again.. was Srk-Sallu love so strong.. it can't be that reason . Kuch to personal animosity hogi. 

Yeah that's why these rumours of SRK getting Aish thrown out of movies because of the Salman Khan thing always confuse me ðŸ¤“!

Like why would SRK keep risking his own films (as Aish was obviously stunning and had a huge fan following as well) for a competitor he apparently never even got on with?? I feel like there has to be more to these stories...

That said Main Hoon Na and Kabhi Alvida were both terrible films, Aish was better off not doing them either way

Anjalika01 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mugda

SRK did a lot damage to Aishwarya's career during 2003-2006 phase when he decided to not to work with her anymore. SRK-Ash could have been second SRK-Kajol if he agreed to do films with her.

Everybody knows about Aziz Mirza's Chalte Chalte. 

In Yash Chopra's "Veer Zaara" Aishwarya was main choice for Zaara but SRK said if Aish was cast he will not work in the film.  Yash Chopra wanted to launch Ash with Maine Toh Mohabbat Karli, a film which never got made. He made Dil Toh Pagal Hai. Yash Chopra was so keen to cast Aishwarya in Veer Zaara  that he even thought of casting her as the lawyer Samiya Siddiqui when SRK refused to play opposite her. Yash Chopra had to replace Aishwarya with Preity. Preity being a very good friend of Aish sought permission from Aishwarya if she was alright with this change. Aishwarya was impressed by Preity's gesture and their relation never got bitter which was the case with Rani who was best friend of Aishwarya but she was not decent enough to inform Aish about Chalte Chalte casting hence their friendship was broken forever.

In Farah Khan's Main Hoon Naa, SRK-Aishwarya, Hrithik-Ameesha were initial casting. SRK refused to work with Ash. So Farah decided to replace her with Sushmita. Hrithik was not ready to play second lead to SRK again after K3G because he just had Koi Mil Gaya, a huge blockbuster. In Koi Mil Gaya also Aishwarya was first choice in Preity's role. Actually Aishwarya lost a lot of big film post Devdas for unknown reason.

Karan Johar himself said when Kajol was not willing to do Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna. She did not like extra marital affair part esp. when her own husband Ajay was cast in the film. Karan Johar decided to cast Aishwarya as Maya. We all know who insisted him to cast Rani again. Its SRK.

Aishwarya's loss became Rani & Preity's gain. They should thank Aishwarya for their career.

Aishwarya then went to Yash Chopra again. At one time he thought of her in Fanaa with Aamir but Kunal Kohli wanted to bring Kajol with Aamir. So the opportunity lost. Yash Chopra then gave Aishwarya 'Kajra Re' song which became a blockbuster song. He decided to present Aishwarya as sexy never seen before avatar in a film. So signed her in Dhoom:2 opposite Hrithik.

During that period Mani Ratnam cast her in Guru and Ashutosh Gowariker cast her in Jodhaa Akbar. These three back to back super hit films saved Aishwarya's career at that moment. She revived her career with the help of Yash Chopra and Hrithik Roshan.

Sounds likely but if that is the case that would have to mean the SRK Salman beef is totally fake...if he risked so many of his own movies just to avoid casting Sallu's ex!

Mugda thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

SRK admitted in an interview few years ago that what he did with Aishwarya was wrong. At one time he didn't want to work with her because of Salman incident. It was not her fault but still SRK showed his anger to her.

Aishwarya was someone who was first choice for many big films. She may not be an extraordinary performer but she had / has such powerful screen presence that other actors always fell flat sharing screen with her except Hrithik.

Even in HDDCS audience could only see Aishwarya even in Salman's presence. In Devdas, Aishwarya got the most powerful screen presence even though there were SRK, Madhuri, the legends of Bollywood. 

Aishwarya's presence in Devdas felt like it's a story of Paro , not Devdas. SRK was for the first time got sidelined by a female actor in his film. It was a big shock for him.

He had jealousy for Aishwarya because of that fact. Internationally the film is mainly considered Aishwarya's film. She was invited as a jury for Cannes only because globally she was loved for Paro's portrayal. She is not an extraordinary performer, just good performer in most of her films, not extraordinary  like Sridevi or Kajol or even Madhuri. Aishwarya's beauty always come first then her dancing and then her acting. It natural for her. Audience connect with her beauty first. For performance they can ship Tabu or Kajol but for overall package there is no comparison to Aishwarya. Esp. in period roles. She excels in such roles. 

After Devdas when Aishwarya was numeo uno actress suddenly walked off from many big films due to SRK playing his conspiracy card against her. Even SRK admitted that he is embarrassed for his attitude towards Aishwarya.

Whatever Aishwarya had in her career is her own. She may have got huge support from SLB mainly but without Khans it was so difficult to survive at one time. She survived with support from Yash Chopra, Gowariker, Ratnam and Hrithik Roshan.

Today nobody talks about Rani, Preity but people still miss Aishwarya because she left the audience awestruck with some iconic roles like Nandini, Paro and Jodhaa Bai. She also had Mansi, Binodini, Niru, Lalita, Sujhata etc but Audience wants to see her in period roles more.  Even Sunehri was a role which was stupid but iconic on its own because of the glamour aspect of the character.

Waiting for Ponniyin Selvan 1 & 2. Hopefully she will re-create history of Paro / Jodhaa again with this film. The role she plays the most important role of the film despite this being multistarrer. She plays Nandini Devi. An iconic role of Tamil literature.  This is the biggest film of Indian cinema after Bahubali franchise. 

Edited by Mugda - 4 years ago
RunParoRun thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

bro no ðŸ˜† i have my own identity, although I adore them too

RunParoRun thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

SRK-Aish is my dream pair, even as siblings in Josh they had so much chemistry. There's this raw conenction between, even Abhi on KWK said that there was this organic thing about them and he would want to see her opposite him.

In ADHM, I lost my shizzle when I saw SRK as her ex and pinging for her with his Devdas eyes (crushing) and I lowkey wanted KJo to do a sequel on SRK-Aish's character b/c I would spent my whole month's salary re-watching that movie.

As happy as I am that Aish got globally what she did, there's an equal part of me that is sooo sad she didn't get those 5-7 movies opposite SRK that she had signed. I remember what a rage they were post-Devdas. Even her special apperance in Ishq Kamina was blockbuster b/c of them together. Hopefully, I'll get one last movie out of them in this lifetime. <3

anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Because of her crazy ex and people think SRK has done no favors for Sallu while hes sacrificied so much for Shah ðŸ¤ª

Also sucks for Ash she never and till this day had no courage to speak up against Salman so no I dont feel sorry for her diplomatic face either

Maroonporsche thumbnail

That movie was Corny ðŸ¤£