Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

https://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/m08/m08091.htm

Then Vasudeva, stationed on the car, addressed Karna, saying, "By good luck it is, O son of Radha, that thou rememberest virtue! It is generally seen that they that are mean, when they sink into distress, rail at Providence but never at their own misdeeds. Thyself and Suyodhana and Duhshasana and Shakuni, the son of Subala, had caused Draupadi, clad in a single piece of raiment, to be brought into the midst of the assembly. On that occasion, O Karna, this virtue of thine did not manifest itself. When at the assembly Shakuni, an adept in dice, vanquished Kunti's son Yudhishthira who was unacquainted with it, whither had this virtue of thine gone? When the Kuru king (Duryodhana), acting under thy counsels, treated Bhimasena in that way with the aid of snakes and poisoned food, whither had this virtue of thine then gone? When the period of exile into the woods was over as also the thirteenth year, thou didst not make over to the Pandavas their kingdom. Whither had this virtue of thine then gone? Thou didst set fire to the house of lac at Varanavata for burning to death the sleeping Pandavas. Whither then, O son of Radha, had this virtue of thine gone? Thou laughedest at Krishna while she stood in the midst of the assembly, scantily dressed because in her season and obedient to Duhshasana's will, whither, then, O Karna, had this virtue of thine gone? When from the apartment reserved for the females innocent Krishna was dragged, thou didst not interfere. Whither, O son of Radha, had this virtue of thine gone? Thyself addressing the princess Draupadi, that lady whose tread is as dignified as that of the elephant, in these words, viz., 'The Pandavas, O Krishna, are lost. They have sunk into eternal hell. Do thou choose another husband!' thou lookedest on the scene with delight. Whither then, O Karna, had this virtue of thine gone? Covetous of kingdom and relying on the ruler of the Gandharvas, thou summonedest the Pandavas (to a match of dice). Whither then had this virtue of thine gone? When many mighty car-warriors, encompassing the boy Abhimanyu in battle, slew him, whither had this virtue of thine then gone? If this virtue that thou now invokest was nowhere on those occasions, what is the use then of parching thy palate now, by uttering that word? Thou art now for the practice of virtue, O Suta, but thou shalt not escape with life. Like Nala who was defeated by Pushkara with the aid of dice but who regained his kingdom by prowess, the Pandavas, who are free from cupidity, will recover their kingdom by the prowess of their arms, aided with all their friends. Having slain in battle their powerful foes, they, with the Somakas, will recover their kingdom. The Dhartarashtras will meet with destruction at the hands of those lions among men (viz., the sons of Pandu), that are always protected by virtue!'"

KRISHNA plainly thought Karna's crimes deserved death penalty.

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

That was pretty direct ðŸ¤£

I was trying to be diplomatic.

And true public disrobing ki saza war me mar kar Martyr Hona nhi Hoti. Usko to saza hi Mili uske gunah ki. 

Can't bear this crap any longer ðŸ˜†. Matlab there is no head and tale to this argument.  Only loads and loads of  crap  

I don't think we should entertain her any longer. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Poorabhforever

Can't bear this crap any longer ðŸ˜†. Matlab there is no head and tale to this argument.  Only loads and loads of  crap  

Point is not to inform her when she has declined all attempts to do so. Point is to make sure anyone else looking through this thread knows what she's saying is false. 

I would say don't respond to her but leave information for others to find.

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Molesteration and attempted disrobe "Galti" hai jiski saza utni nhi honi Chahiye

Well I don't think there is any need to continue the discussion

I am off people

Originally posted by: Poorabhforever

Yes good that HearMeRoar replied, now we are just to stop this

naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

In Mahabharata Andhe Ka Putra andha is not mentioned at the said time although the complete scene is mentioned, it's later that Duryodhan says that Draupadi laughed at him (and he wasn't a Harischandra that he couldn't have lied) 

Karna Ka disrobe Karna "Galti" nhi hai, that's not called a mistake that is a crime. He was a part of Lakshagriha conspiracy, Bheem poisoning(remember Duryodhan and his brothers have a reason to hate and attempt to kill Bheem, Karna did it without even a reason) and all other Duryodhan's crimes. He betrayed his supposed best friend and Yuvraj by promising Kunti not to kill her four sons, he didn't even try to arrest Yudhishtir after having defeated him. His kingdom was the hub was s*X trafficking

Ye sab ek Galti hai?? Ye bahut saare crimes hain.

Yes no one is completely right and no one is completely wrong, even Duryodhan has good qualities, but that doesn't mean we forget their crimes and make them Mahaan

Caste ki wajah se usko Kabhi knowledge nhi deny ki gayi. 

really is this mentioned anywhere?

Originally posted by: naq5

really is this mentioned anywhere?

I am not testifying for its truth, because I have read it the Karna Shalya convo while the latter is trying to demoralise Karna. He could be lying it here but then Karna doesn't counter this statement of his

I am not sure if it's mentioned anywhere else

naq5 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -FreeLancer-

While growing up, Mahabharat was summarized to having happened since Draupadi - the egoistic princess/ queen laughed at Duryodhan as being "andhe ka putra andha".  I can see where that poster is coming from..I remember a relative told me to never "be like Draupadi" and mock someone else, or else we will suffer consequences as her!

I feel so sick with all of that now.   Draupadi is truly an enigma, brilliant queen, a sacrificial, dutiful and loyal wife, loving towards her pupil, and a wonderful mother/ step mother and the one who protected herself when all failed to protect her..and this is what she was pinned down to by the misogynistic society.  

I dont really like Karna much..and I dont have any opinion on him..but I feel quite sick when Draupadi is called "arrogant"!

the patriarchal society who see the molestation as a punishment for the women. they want to justify molestation. And its a shame that women too are involved in this.

And dont forget that draupadi was freed in the end because she dared to ask questions  that day

naq5 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Roshanloverria

His kingdom was the hub was s*X trafficking y kha likha Mahabharata m ?

(He betrayed his supposed best friend and Yuvraj by promising Kunti not to kill her four sons, he didn't even try to arrest Yudhishtir after having defeated him). Yhi to goodness h uski 

He was a part of Lakshagriha conspiracy, Bheem poisoning(remember Duryodhan and his( no he wasn't)

Disrobing k alawa uski Mahabharata m koi glti nhi thi faltu k bakwas krne s kuch bhi nhi prof kr paogi tum aur agar duryohadhan harischandra n to pandava and draupadi bhi nhi h 

Tumharie respect kisi ko nhi chahiye do follow whom u want to par gar m baithe baithe logo p comment na maro kha kr Mahabharata k beer ko jinke pair k dhulan bhi nhi h hm log 

disrobing is enough for him to be punished with death. 

weather he was cheated while being killed or not dosent matter. the cheating ka karma lies on the person who cheated him. like in the case of draupadi the disrobing ka karma lies on the person who did it not on draupadi. 

even abhimanyu was cheated and killed that dosent make him a lesser warrior. similar with karna. if he was cheated and killed that dosent make him lesser. he anyway had to die for what he did with draupadi, dosent make him extra lucky or unlucky

naq5 thumbnail

Other books me koi dimag nhi laga Raha hai. All that she said is mentioned in the Mahabharata book. She didn't give any theory but only mentioned that is written in the epic

And Karna ki Galti to koi dikhaata hi nhi hai, most shows don't even show that it was he who asked Dusshashan to disrobe Draupadi. 

And no Draupadi insulted Karna (by deciding not to marry him) doesn't mean that Karna's order to disrobe her become justified. And "ordering to disrobe someone" is not a "mistake" by definition.

Plus he never had to actually "suffer" Pandavas, Bheeshm, Dhritrashtra and even Duryodhan suffered more than him

There is no way that he is even slightly better than Duryodhan, if fact I feel Duryodhan is better than Karna

this is how acid attacks on women happen right . because they dared to say no to a man. Wonder why TV serials have even bought that thing in. only teaching people the wrong things