Tyagisaab thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Aishwarya Rai started working in films around 1997, by the time I started watching Bollywood she had stopped playing lead roles so I was just curious as to how successful was she really? Was she one of the top heroines in her heyday such as Deepika for example?? Or was she just known for her beauty ?

Based off her filmography she seems to have alot of flops early on in her career. I am curious as to how those flops affected her status?? Anyone who watched bollywood during that time care to chime in?? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Don’t think so. 

simrata thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

HDDCS, Devdas, Dhoom-2, JodhaAkbar, Taal 

Superhit movies +Good Prominent roles+ Remarkable Performances = SuperStar

Josh and MOHABBATEIN also but not good role

So yes Aishwarya was a Superstar 

Edited by -sim- - 4 years ago
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Filmfare conducted a poll among all time favourites of people. Guess who topped the poll.

MindRest thumbnail

She was fairly successful but it is doubtful if she could be dubbed as superstar.

JayaBachan thumbnail

Let’s put it this way shall we 😊. 

She opened the doors of Bollywood and was the only celebrity that gained so much recognition on an international platform. Till this day, I haven’t met anyone who hasn’t heard of her name. 

Mukthaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Dont know about North, but here in south we consider her a megastar.

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Definitely, she was a superstar. And the reason for that is quite simple: she's beautiful in an ethereal, fairy-like way. She's blessed with looks one can only dream about. And that led her to becoming famous.

Acting wise, she was quite mediocre. I liked her performance in Raincoat, though. She surpassed my expectations there. Also I liked her in Provoked and Jodha Akbar, where she broke her own standards and delivered an uplifting perf.

Unconventional thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

She had her success..some very good successful films but I don’t think she can be called superstar(same with Kareena).I would rather rate Katrina above her in terms of stardom(just stardom n that’s just my personal opinion).Theres a reason why the media still calls Madhuri the last superstar.

Ash,Kareena,Priyanka,Rani,Preity they all came and shined but not enough to be called superstars.

its depend on person to person some say she is plastic ..some say she is superstar, some say she is a golddigger, some say she became doormat after marriage ...different people different thinking