Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cpt.DudleySmith thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Very good star-actor but needs to play an anti-India Islamic terrorist again to regain his woke fan-base.

nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

Incredible actor. Can never forget what he did in Haider.

No star pull. Although looks like 90% percent desi men are now in his fanclub after Kabir Singh. Let's see if his next movie can satisfy their misogynist glorification tendencies. 

Problematic human being who hasn't grown up at all in the head. 

where is he a problematic human being, has a nice family, usually minds his business, is well spoken, came out of very humble beginning and persevered to where he is, don't see where he is at all problematic?

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: nonam

don't see where he is at all problematic?

If you know than you know if you dont than you dont ๐Ÿ˜†

Thwayya thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I blow hot and cold when it comes to Shahid. I loved him in Kaminey but didn't like him in Udta Punjab. I liked Haider (didn't love it though) but really didn't feel moved by his performance in Kabir Singh. I think he's actually better in the understated, subtle roles, like Jab We Met, but he doesn't do that often. I think he thinks brilliant acting has to be intense and torrid all the time. 

Offscreen, he comes across as a bit of a prat with a massive chip on his shoulder who's played fast and loose with women back in the day. And allegedly even now. None of the above is terribly attractive. But he can occasionally be hot. ๐Ÿ˜†

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: nonam

where is he a problematic human being, has a nice family, usually minds his business, is well spoken, came out of very humble beginning and persevered to where he is, don't see where he is at all problematic?

Interviews of Kabir Singh will tell you exactly why he's problematic. One tiny instance : interviewer tells him how he was a playing a glorified territorial man when it comes to Preeti,marking her as his own and all that without her consent, his response : Teri Behen lagti hai kya? Tune bohot personally le lia. 

And all of the things you've mentioned, none of it clashes with him being problematic. One can be all that and still be problematic. 

He used to look so handsome now he looks hideous AF I don't know why..

The jab we met kismat konnection Shahid is gone.

vsbarry thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mannu_ahuja

The guy is talented for sure. He can dance well, is a strictly good actor. And is quite good looking as well. What he lacks - a good sense of script selection. And has failed to carve a niche for himself

He found momentum quite a few times- Vivah( I am guessing it was a hit),Kaminey, Jab we met, Haider, Udta Punjab and now Kabir Singh but he has never been able to maintain this momentum.

Just to put it in context- This guy went on from doing a masterpiece like Haider to a really bad movie called Shaandar.

The reasoning is simple- he doesn't want to be known as an actor who does good movies. Nope. He wants to be known as the actor who has box office pull and ends up making terrible choices in the wake.

This is where he can learn a thing or two from Ayushmann Khurana who probably has the best PR and management in the industry only second to probably Ranveer Singh.

He is a good actor. He can do roles that other actors can't. Haider, Udta punjab, kaminey. he was phenomenol. But He to me seems to not have a strong aura for some reason, like he almost fades in the background in comparison to ranveer, varun, etc. I dont think people go watch films just because he is in it. He is a familiar face so people will go watch him in a good film. But he isnt someone who will attract an audience to a film just because his choices are just different/edgy in a way and that caters to only a certain audience. Barring Kabir singh, which was a massy film-im sure he has gained a stronger mass following after that film as said. 

He is good in edgy avatars, but lags behind ranveer and varun in the typical "hero" roles. Which is why I think he majorily lacks their fandom level