What I felt after watching recent epis - Mod note Pg16

YoungHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 years ago

Hello Guys, I just wanted to put my 2 cents on the show, my observations and the realizations I had. 

When I first started watching this show, undoubtedly I felt it was about women empowerment aka Babita's empowerment, from a docile indian housewife to an empowered independent woman living the life on her own terms with the support of her teenaged daughter. It was an indian woman's story for other indian women; a mother-daughter story that provided strong message to the society. A mother who has been deceived and cheated by her estranged husband, finds a new meaning to her life after a bitter divorce, becomes financially independent with the support and encouragement of her daughter. A daughter who has been failed by her father stands tall with her mother becoming her support and her biggest strength, encouraging her mother in every step towards her empowerment. It was a heart warming story of a mother-daughter. When the male lead aka the landlord, Hanuman Singh enters the show, it becomes obvious that he would be the love angle of the mother, while having his own backstory. Babita finally finds that one person who loves her for who she is and every single baggage she comes with. It was a heartwarming love-story between two individuals who come with immense past baggage and find love at the most unconventional way. They were to always heal each other and become each other's sukh dukh ke saathi for life. It was a story about second chances in life. Thus undoubtedly, I always felt this show was about Babita mainly and the mother-daughter relationship. However, when I watched recent few episodes, I was inclined to think the other way.... maybe this show was always supposed to be about Mini and from Mini's POV. 

I don't know if the show was always meant to be about Mini from the beginning or if the writers changed their mind midway and twisted it to a point to make it seem like the show was always supposed to be about Mini. I don't know what it is but I have a strong instinct that it was the latter. They went back and twisted it to make a point that Mini was the only the central figure of the story, whereas Babita was just the supporting character, as was Hanuman Singh, Ashok, Meeta, Dadu-Beeji, NB, Preet, Mickey etc. In the recent episodes, Mini reminisces Ashok when Neil talks about being cheated on by his (ex) wife, and how he isn't allowed to see his daughter because "maa ki mamta is always considered more than baap ka pyaar" etc.  Writers show through Neil's story that Mini is forced to think about her past baggage from Ashok's POV. Mini realizes that she never thought of any of it from her dad's POV. Neil's backstory is completely different than Ashok's so i don't know how the two can be compared. I don't know what more side of Ashok's story can there be, something we don't know already? I don't know why it was shown that maybe Mini should have listened to her father's side of the story as well. To me Ashok cannot be redeemed and justified for his actions in any way. 

Now, Mini is going to fight this battle with Neil to win this divorce battle with his (ex) wife and gain Neil's daughter's custody as well. This is what Mini tells Isha, Neil's wife. First of all why is Mini fighting Neil's battle or even being involved in it? She isn't his wife or even his girlfriend for that matter to get herself involved. I find this bizarre.... somehow Neil's divorce and custody battle is also being made about Mini now. There is no other purpose that it serves besides that. Also, why is Arya in the show? What purpose does she serve to the story? I am still not able to understand this. (Of course, I haven't followed the show since end of season 1 so I don't know the proper progression). 

Anyway, after watching recent few episodes, I felt that writers twisted everything to show that this show has always been about Mini and from Mini's POV. They even sort of ruined many characters to uplift Mini, be it Babita, HS, NB, Dadu-Beeji, Mickey. After investing so much into this show's season 1, now that i think of it... I have been a fool that I thought this show was about Babita's journey to empowerment and her utilizing those wings (achieved by the support of her daughter) to soar high in life. Had I known this show was always supposed to be about Mini, maybe I wouldn't have been so intrigued or invested in the show or maybe I would have watched it with different expectations of the characters (mainly HS and Babita). The makers played real nice. Maybe this is what you call "good writing". 

Sorry I don't know if this all made sense. I had a hard time articulating this but I had to put it out there.  

Peace!  And please stay home and stay safe smiley17

Edited by LoveInAutumn26 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Itsflora thumbnail

Okay.

I agree with u about Minnie being the central figure...

I can sense the unjustice u felt too..

But here is a thing another season 1 freind pointed out (mayb gur or deep). 

That we thought the story was babita & her struggle. That's why the huge disappointment & feeling of butchering our fav characters.       

But if u notice,the series starts with minni's voice over about patiala & her dreams.

Mayb we were all wrong.This was always supposed to be a girl's  story who gets beaten in every stage of her own life & yet inspire others to face it all.

Dont get me wrong. I get pissed about makers obsession about one person too.

Bt the fact that they proved & justified every trait of minni from season 1 in this season surely had a reason.

The anger issue,the control freak,the unsolved knots in her heart due to close people,the too much nosy & bossy attitude - they explained it well.

About arya,i guess the child is sick or in break.

The sisters got full limelight in s2, especially the last child abuse track was really good. 

This is the first time neil got something in the story.   

Hope,i answered it well.

But if the writers actually changed the story midway making it all about minni,then gotta give them credit. 

Coz, now the story really feels like it was supposed be about minni & her journey.

Mineil_Fan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I wanna just reply about Arya. She has been given equal importance in show .. be it the track of child abuse, sister against eachother ,etc. The actress belongs to Delhi and due to Covid she came back in Delhi till things become better

Rashmisingh9151 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

I respect your opinion 😊

But "To bad 😒 I am the only stupid here😆 who didn't thought it's all about Mini until they start butchering B 

"In my view to glorify one or to show one side you needn't to demean other or show them black 🤓 

Now they're doing this only 😒whitewashing character like AK, 😈LK, Those two old head's🤢 and the two evil head of season- 1 😡 

"But butchering one character even after her exist 🤢 

People may say I am in denial mood or so much into favouritism😆 but I refuses to believe it was always about mini 😊 for me PB - season 1  was about Daughter being support of her mother,  who while handling home and in-law, Fearing society never foucs or cared about herself much🤓

it was about women empowerment. How daughter end up encouraging her mother, supporting her making a mother her first priority. 😳

With many social issues involved 😊

• "Distance relationship, extra martial affair and divorce followed taking ugly turn. Effecting not only wife but kids to 🤢

• with time people change even the heart of your blood to, the son and his selfish motive against own old age parents.

• Being childless, after marriage, society taunts leaving one person bitter to all. 🤬

• effect of society judgemental view😡 gender biased hypocrisy at it's peak type circumstances 😈

"What they're showing now what they shown previously 😊are two entirely different yet ironically similar 🤔 circle of life type 🤣

"But one thing I will say right way or wrong the PB series was one at finest in including social issue 😎but they suck at executing the issue they include in the show 🤢

One thing is impressive or notable that's In season- 1 it was about women struggle 🤓 but in season-2 it's about men's struggle 🤓

• Child abuse - best part it wasn't gender biased type at all 👏

• again extra marital affair thing  but I guess it's showing men side instead of women 😊 

That's it 😆 cause these two are the only topic I find discussion worthy here on IF 😊 

"But one thing didn't change was their tries to make one superheroine who can solve everything perfectly can never be wrong even after suffering so much cannot break 😳

"So no matter what the story is about it's going to be like you mention gonna be on Mini 🤓

(It's my personal opinion I penned down here 😊 with no Intention to hurt anyone's of your sentiment😳 so kindly don't take it to❤️ honestly I ain't watching PB - 2 so I don't know they add more issue as such or not 😊  so if there are more then I don't know I am conveying this in advance 😊).

Thank you 🤗 for reading 😊

Itsflora thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rashmisingh9151

I respect your opinion 😊

But "To bad 😒 I am the only stupid here😆 who didn't thought it's all about Mini until they start butchering B 

"In my view to glorify one or to show one side you needn't to demean other or show them black 🤓 

Now they're doing this only 😒whitewashing character like AK, 😈LK, Those two old head's🤢 and the two evil head of season- 1 😡 

"But butchering one character even after her exist 🤢 

People may say I am in denial mood or so much into favouritism😆 but I refuses to believe it was always about mini 😊 for me PB - season 1  was about Daughter being support of her mother,  who while handling home and in-law, Fearing society never foucs or cared about herself much🤓

it was about women empowerment. How daughter end up encouraging her mother, supporting her making a mother her first priority. 😳

With many social issues involved 😊

• "Distance relationship, extra martial affair and divorce followed taking ugly turn. Effecting not only wife but kids to 🤢

• with time people change even the heart of your blood to, the son and his selfish motive against own old age parents.

• Being childless, after marriage, society taunts leaving one person bitter to all. 🤬

• effect of society judgemental view😡 gender biased hypocrisy at it's peak type circumstances 😈

"What they're showing now what they shown previously 😊are two entirely different yet ironically similar 🤔 circle of life type 🤣

"But one thing I will say right way or wrong the PB series was one at finest in including social issue 😎but they suck at executing the issue they include in the show 🤢

One thing is impressive or notable that's In season- 1 it was about women struggle 🤓 but in season-2 it's about men's struggle 🤓

• Child abuse - best part it wasn't gender biased type at all 👏

• again extra marital affair thing  but I guess it's showing men side instead of women 😊 

That's it 😆 cause these two are the only topic I find discussion worthy here on IF 😊 

"But one thing didn't change was their tries to make one superheroine who can solve everything perfectly can never be wrong even after suffering so much cannot break 😳

"So no matter what the story is about it's going to be like you mention gonna be on Mini 🤓

(It's my personal opinion I penned down here 😊 with no Intention to hurt anyone's of your sentiment😳 so kindly don't take it to❤️ honestly I ain't watching PB - 2 so I don't know they add more issue as such or not 😊  so if there are more then I don't know I am conveying this in advance 😊).

Thank you 🤗 for reading 😊

It's oka. I get it again.in the last epi i was really irked about minni rescuing neil thing. 

It was a total patiala babes thing for me,u know?holding hands & leaving heads high.  

Either mini-babes or mini-arya. 

Clearly didn’t like the favouritism here.i would have loved minni to make mistakes which i thought she would about neil.but those makers!!!!

If a cvs can touch HS,they can do anything! Atleast they redeemed our HS.        

Your last points i totally agree. Its like they are showing us the other side of coin of every issues they brought on s1. I loved esp the kammo part. The story of bitterness was better executed.

Again this reminds me of babita & makers made a joke outta her misery.She became a whiny character gradually. Which again proves your point about real poor closure for any track in PB.I agree on that 100%. Its still the same.        

Anyway...kk is crazy. We all know that. 

Bt yet,they know their job better than regular itv.

PB will remain special for me atleast for that.      

Rashmisingh9151 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Itsflora

It's oka. I get it again.in the last epi i was really irked about minni rescuing neil thing. 

It was a total patiala babes thing for me,u know?holding hands & leaving heads high.  

Either mini-babes or mini-arya. 

(@underline yeah it's very common in PB 😆honestly I like this cause it's speak of unity but what iriked me is only one person always lead other out in this).

Clearly didn’t like the favouritism here.i would have loved minni to make mistakes which i thought she would about neil.but those makers!!!!

If a cvs can touch HS,they can do anything! Atleast they redeemed our HS.        

Your last points i totally agree. Its like they are showing us the other side of coin of every issues they brought on s1. I loved esp the kammo part. The story of bitterness was better executed.

(@ underline again honestly I hadn't seen her part though😆 so have no idea what they done to white wash her of redeemed her 🤓).

Again this reminds me of babita & makers made a joke outta her misery.She became a whiny character gradually. Which again proves your point about real poor closure for any track in PB.I agree on that 100%. Its still the same.        

(Hm so I am right on most of my point  this make me feel bad on own way what a show I watched and what the shoe turn into 🤔 anyway I have query are you regular viewer of Season-1 and Season-2🤔 ).

Anyway...kk is crazy. We all know that. 

Bt yet,they know their job better than regular itv.

PB will remain special for me atleast for that.    

(Same here 😊   they had started PB on good note from start to mid it was best  and rest we all know so no point saying about that 😊 ).

Itsflora thumbnail

Yeah.

I just stopped when they touched HS & made him unnecessarily scold Minni,gave him dialogues like he was pampering minni to get babita & wishing for some patibrata Babita!😡

Other than those few epis,I followed the whole show.

Had to come back when Hannie pathced up.They are way too special 💔💔

Now,its just a habit. 

PS:Babes did lead Minnie out sometimes.Probably from Ashok. 

Edited by Itsflora - 4 years ago
naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

this is how i see this. i think the story was from minis point of view n her dream & her babes. from start they actually tried to make it more of the mother daughter story and gave much importance to the daughter giving mother the wings. in came HS and gained popularity, and they did well to integrate him into the mother daughter duo  untill the balcony scene of the 3 at NB s house. but after that they again went back to the mother daughter thing. showing how empty mini feels because the person she gave wings to is flying.  how imp this mother daughter duo is, showed HS like a 3rd wheel coming in between them. And their obsession with the daughter needing to give wings to mother made them make babita loose her identity all over again so that mini keeps trying to give her mother wings.  then obviously issues with cast happened and they wanted to go for a leap And in between all this they destroyed the basic bond mother daughter had too.

its not their obsession with mini but obsession of daughter giving mother wings was evident from start of the show that they did  all this. they failed to realise that it will not be only about mother daughter. one HS was integrated with these two instead of showing him as an equal part of their lives they decided to still keep him as an outsider between the two. They tried to show as if HS coming into their lives separated the mother daughter but the fact is that HS as a father not actually coming between the two and not trying to bring a balance after marriage separated the mother daughter.

Now that the story has taken a leap its obviously more from her point of view. And in the end as they were going for a leap and eliminating other characters it was made her story more.    

naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

i think once HS came in they should have focused on  the trios dynamics and they integrating into each other after marriage. but them wanting to keep HS as a separate entity from Mother daughter ruined the story

YoungHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Itsflora

Okay.

I agree with u about Minnie being the central figure...

I can sense the unjustice u felt too..

But here is a thing another season 1 freind pointed out (mayb gur or deep). 

That we thought the story was babita & her struggle. That's why the huge disappointment & feeling of butchering our fav characters.       

But if u notice,the series starts with minni's voice over about patiala & her dreams.

Mayb we were all wrong.This was always supposed to be a girl's  story who gets beaten in every stage of her own life & yet inspire others to face it all.

Dont get me wrong. I get pissed about makers obsession about one person too.

Bt the fact that they proved & justified every trait of minni from season 1 in this season surely had a reason.

The anger issue,the control freak,the unsolved knots in her heart due to close people,the too much nosy & bossy attitude - they explained it well.

About arya,i guess the child is sick or in break.

The sisters got full limelight in s2, especially the last child abuse track was really good. 

This is the first time neil got something in the story.   

Hope,i answered it well.

But if the writers actually changed the story midway making it all about minni,then gotta give them credit. 

Coz, now the story really feels like it was supposed be about minni & her journey.

Yes the show started with Mini’s voiceover but as the show went on (from epi 1 itself), the major part of the show was Babita’s Journey to empowerment with Mini’s being the biggest support throughout. If I look at it, it was a mother-daughter’s story mostly. Babita and Mini were of equal importance to the show. Towards the end, they ruined Babita’s character and made it all about Mini as if the entire point of the show was only about Mini at the end to realize that her mother would never be empowered or gain wings to fly as she always wanted. What was the actual point of that?
Also, I don’t think at first writers ever wanted to take Babita off the equation and kill off her character. That was decided much later and done so haphazardly... so I don’t think that the show was only about Mini and from Mini’s POV. Later of course they turned the tide and made it all and only about Mini.