Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

journalgirl321 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

This one just breaks my heart. It reminded me how much Kuhu has cared for him and loved him from the beginning itself. I know I sound like a broken record, but I just wish Kuhu had a life partner that would prioritize her, just as she does them. 

aquaHP thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: PureDrivenSnow

I'm glad it did. That's what I'm here for.😆

I need you guys to pick one.

🤗

I like the 1st one more but I like the Kunal lying down on the couch picture too.

But but but (going into my editing mode (I have only edited self clicked pictures)), I don't really understand what the focus point is supposed to be in the 2nd edit. I'm guessing you put the jhoomar because of the golden colour running across the edit but it seems to be a bit distracting because when I look at the edits, that is the first thing that catches my eye. (Editor mode off)

Edited by aquaHP - 4 years ago
journalgirl321 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aquaHP

@TRiddle: Oh yes!! I might try it too! That tawa cake sounded yum! Need to see if there are any Oreos in my house. Also, she looked so excited when she spoke about it. She was like "I want to share the recipe! Can I?"😆

I'll figure it out. I won't leave you hanging. Don't worry. Karan ki mystery solve ho kar rahegi😝

Achha, guys! I saw this post on Instagram about toxic monogamy (linked below) and I wanted to know your opinions on this in context of KuKu. We've all said that we would like to see a jealous Kunal but we've also appreciated Kuhu when she said that she trusted Kunal on their engagement when Shweta was chado-ing on him.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1b5pLLhcJ4/?igshid=z9bcsfpkhkfz

I definitely agree that we have way higher expectations for our partners than we used to previously, and this can be credited largely to films, TV shows, and social media. That being said, I've noticed that I generally don't have very high expectations from my loved ones, because I'm afraid of being disappointed or let down. I think Kuhu is the same way at this point. 

Even after understanding this, my desire to see a jealous Kunal still hasn't faded. I want to see him get affected by the things she does that does not relate to him or his family. I think it would be a sign that he truly loves the individual, his wife, not just the idea of her as a perfect daughter-in-law. But you have me thinking. What are some other scenarios that would still achieve this purpose?

lopli thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

For the next AT I decided to narrate KuKu story through gifs and came across a fact that I am sure has been mentioned multiple times. But here it is again we get best KuKu scenes whenever Kunal wears blue.

1) Kuhu's I love you scene

2) Kuhu allergic reation scene

3) calendar/cupboard scene

4) cheek kiss scene

5) Humma sequence

6) The dori scene

journalgirl321 thumbnail

Originally posted by: PureDrivenSnow

I'm glad it did. That's what I'm here for.😆

I need you guys to pick one.

I definitely like the second one more, but I have to agree with Pihu that it would be even better if you found a way to take out the jhoomar. 

All of you are such talented editors!! I used to love photo editing, but I never really got the knack of it. 

journalgirl321 thumbnail

Originally posted by: lopli

For the next AT I decided to narrate KuKu story through gifs and came across a fact that I am sure has been mentioned multiple times. But here it is again we get best KuKu scenes whenever Kunal wears blue.

1) Kuhu's I love you scene

2) Kuhu allergic reation scene

3) calendar/cupboard scene

4) cheek kiss scene

5) Humma sequence

6) The dori scene

Don't forget the holika dahan scene, where he looks back at her just to make sure she's still there 😂❤️I think he's wearing blue in that as well. But it's not a substantial enough scene to include as a gif, I think. 

I actually have never noticed that! That is a very interesting observation. Obviously not intentional, but a lovely coincidence. Plus, blue really is Ritvik's color. 

Edited by journalgirl321 - 4 years ago
P.D.S thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Tum logon ne toh jhoomar ko hi hatane ko bol diya 😆.

Nahiiin...I love that jhoomar. Yaad hai, yeh wahi jhoomar hai jisko Kunal ne kiss karke apne pyar ka izhaar kiya tha.smiley36

The inspiration for this siggie was Sam's HC on KuKu's tiff after they came from the resort. I was digging around for some images of when she slept on the couch but came across this aerial shot of Kuhu and the jhoomar glistening. So I had to use it. Scruffy, angry Kunal was according to the HC and the sight eveyone seems to love.

I was just playing around with image of Kunal laying down staring at the ceiling. I couldn't think if it looked too crowded.

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

@aqua: I really liked that post you shared from Insta! Toxic monogamy (so cool that there is such an apt term for it) is what most ITV, and the more traditional romance genre all over the world, runs on. I fell in love with Kuku precisely because I see them as the antithesis of this concept. Kuhu went into marriage thinking it would be exactly this, but she learned that it could be so much more, she could be so much more than just the heroine of a #epiclovestory. Kunal didn't want to fall in love precisely because this is what he thought it was and he knew he couldn't commit to that with his family as his priority. I adore their story for having created this mutually loving partnership that's so rooted in its context. 

Their relationship survived its dark beginning because they both threw themelves into cultivating other relationships that then supported theirs in turn, whether it was Kuhu holding the family together in times of crisis, or Kunal putting everything into helping Abir win Mishti back. That's why I am like a broken record when it comes to their relationship being inextricable from their family lives -- one cannot survive without the other. 

As for the jealousy, I totally agree with the post. It's not an expression of love. It's totally natural to feel jealousy but I think the way we respond to it separates love from control. I too would love to see a jealous Kunal, but rather than seeing him react to this feeling with violence, or by marking Kuhu as his territory (and that being portrayed as an act of love), I would love to see it unfold as an exploration of his own insecurities. That way, the jealousy still acts as a plot device, but it's more about developing Kunal's character than expressing his love for Kuhu. 

And this is precisely why I adored Kuhu's reaction to Shweta, because it was never about Shweta; it was about Kunal and her. Does Kunal still love Shweta? And if he does, is there a place for me in his life at all?  She was protective but never possessive of Kunal, and I like to think Kunal would be the same. I can totally see them in a situation where someone is flirting with Kuhu and Kunal just pulls her aside to say, that guy is making me really uncomfortable, are you okay? That is the couple I imagine them as, anyway. ❤️

@Snow: I loved both the edits, but I am a fan of symmetry so I like the one with just one Kunal and one Kuhu better. *Sigh* even more dreamy when associated with that HC -- I will imagine it as the moment Kuhu holds Kunal back in her sleep after he puts her on the bed.  Oh and I miss those nightgowns of hers -- so much prettier than the monochrome ones she has now! That is one bit of her wardrobe I wish didn't change with the leap. 

Edited by Samanalyse - 4 years ago
P.D.S thumbnail

Originally posted by: Samanalyse

As for the jealousy, I totally agree with the post. It's not an expression of love. It's totally natural to feel jealousy but I think the way we respond to it separates love from control. I too would love to see a jealous Kunal, but rather than seeing him react to this feeling with violence, or by marking Kuhu as his territory (and that being portrayed as an act of love), I would love to see it unfold as an exploration of his own insecurities. That way, the jealousy still acts as a plot device, but it's more about developing Kunal's character than expressing his love for Kuhu. 

❤️❤️

Originally posted by: Samanalyse

@Snow: I loved both the edits, but I am a fan of symmetry so I like the one with just one Kunal and one Kuhu better. *Sigh* even more dreamy when associated with that HC -- I will imagine it as the moment Kuhu holds Kunal back in her sleep after he puts her on the bed.  Oh and I miss those nightgowns of hers -- so much prettier than the monochrome ones she has now! That is one bit of her wardrobe I wish didn't change with the leap. 

You know I didn't realise Kuhu's nightgowns changed. Wait, remember after her first wedding gig, Kunal tries to get Kuhu's attention by scolding her regarding the missing 'K', well, Kuhu wears a light pink nightgown so I hope they're going to mix it up. 

P.D.S thumbnail

I'm wanting to use some quotes from This Is Us to add to my creations. I was wondering if you guys have any specific ones that you think would go really well with KuKu?

I have the below so far:

“A big grand gesture, it’s not about the actual thing that you do. It’s about taking the time to tell the person you care about, I see you, I hear you, I know exactly what you need right now and I’m showing how important that is to me” – Jack Pearson

“You’re not just my great love story, you are my big break. And our love story? I know it may not feel like it right now, but I promise you, it’s just getting started.” — Jack Pearson

“Sometimes, in marriage, someone has to be the one to push to make the big moves.” — Rebecca Pearson

“Understanding and forgiveness are two very different animals.” — Beth Pearson

“You make me feel like I’m home.” — Jack Pearson

“Don’t ever stop trying to make me see the way you see me.”-Kate

"You're as tough as they come. You just didn't make something resembling lemonade, dear. You made one of the sweetest damn pitchers of lemonade I ever saw." -Dr. K to Rebecca