Rajeev Masand's insensitive interview with Juhi Chawla

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 years ago

Did anyone see rajeev masand's interview with juhi chawla..?

I am so so mad at this guy

He kept on asking her questions related to her tragedies..one can see how traumatized she got esp while talking about her brother..and this insensitive person kept on asking more insensitive Qs..like how does one deal with losing his entire family? seriously? 

she was so traumatized to answer it..i could see her expression when her brother was mentioned..it makes me go back to how komal nahta did something similar years ago

i see a lot of hue and cry being made about that one little statement she made in humour over karisma's stardom..while this is what exactly was the most awful part of this interview..an ass of a journalist constantly asking you about your tragedies and make you go through that trauma again esp when she was so traumatized to go back there..shame on such insensitive people..i am glad almost all comments on YT are saying the same..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HearMeRoar thumbnail

I saw it and thought the same.

There was a thread about the same IV and her statement re: movies she rejected going to Karisma. of course that got the most attention.  Actually, ALL the attention on that thread.  Juhi was called egotistical among a few other things in spite of that being clearly an admission of her own mistake.

If any of them actually watched the IV, I doubt they'd have reacted that way.

The only things frankly that I found troubling about it was when she said her MIL allowed her to work. Very patriarchal mindset. The second one was where she compared Aamir's looks vs SRK's. The typical colorism. 

I found it very honest what she said about the #metoo stuff.  A very normal girl reaction for the times.

Edited by MahanalayakKarn - 4 years ago
capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

And she remembered the name of her Tamil film and differentiated between the industries instead of lumping everything together as 'South'. Usually actresses gloss over their career in the south. eg: Tapsee

Lulzbolly thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Rajeev Masand is a dirty fatso pig.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

She's lucky she is being called for interviews still. Lots have forgotten her

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

She's lucky she is being called for interviews still. Lots have forgotten her

Why lucky?🤔 She doesn't seem like she particularly craves attention, and money is certainly not an issue in her case. 

Juhi ki HUMBLENESS ka pol bhi khul gaya iss interview mein  ðŸ˜†

w4always thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

It's a really sweet interview.. except for the part where Masand asked personal questions. Otherwise, it was a good interview

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I heard so many people not happy with Rajeev and thought they were probably overreacting but then I watched it for myself and sadly I agree. I was surprised because usually he seems more on the ball - but he kept pushing her even though she clearly signals she wants to stop. And if you watch closely enough, you can tell they stop recording to let her compose herself, because she suddenly appears with a tissue in her hand. Not a good look Mr. Masand.

reams thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MahanalayakKarn

Why lucky?🤔 She doesn't seem like she particularly craves attention, and money is certainly not an issue in her case. 

She is one of the biggest actresses from the 90s, her fans definitely would love to watch her over today's bland PR fed actresses. She has worked to get that stature it's not just luck.