Can it ever be what it was before?

vibha28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

When this show started I was truly intrigued as Indian telly had never attempted such fantasy show with a fairy tale twist aka Beauty and Beast which is one of my favourite stories.

I loved loved all the episodes ( yes even though I was upset about kabir/roshni marriage drama I was aware the story was on track) until the arrival of medusa Alia. To be honest I was curious as I did not mind Aman with a past or a kid and I wanted to see how his trust and love for roshni will be over the virus named Alia. Instead I got to meet a new Aman who believed his ex and not his wife and on top of that blamed his wife.

Anyway, to now it has gone from bad to worse to worst. I admit I am not optimistic nor am I hopeful that we will get a redemption the way we want. With the new show on Colors which is quiet good this show has a very tough competition. You would think the amount of vfx and magic we got last week including kabir TRP would have been very high but looks like the number audiences like many of us here have moved on or given up.

I think regardless of the belief that it’s magic or fantasy, we as human look for consistency and story. Magic can only take you so far without a solid story. Additionally, unlike children adults don’t clap and be happy whenever they see mindless magic and that’s the downfall of this show. Yes there was magic, yes the vfx was good, but it had no story and hasn’t since Alia. No amount of vfx or magic can overcome that shortfall. Good leads or not.

Let’s hope rather than tweeting like a maniac who has stopped taking his Prozac and got locked in the basement by his parents, the director will take notes of the tweets he receives and start fixing those loopholes. Story is what attracts the audiences - even the other fantasy and mythical shows yes there was magic but the story was there as well. I do want the show to get better and maybe it will never reach what it was before, but it can at least be better than what it is now.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jiss555 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: vibha28

When this show started I was truly intrigued as Indian telly had never attempted such fantasy show with a fairy tale twist aka Beauty and Beast which is one of my favourite stories.

I loved loved all the episodes ( yes even though I was upset about kabir/roshni marriage drama I was aware the story was on track) until the arrival of medusa Alia. To be honest I was curious as I did not mind Aman with a past or a kid and I wanted to see how his trust and love for roshni will be over the virus named Alia. Instead I got to meet a new Aman who believed his ex and not his wife and on top of that blamed his wife.

Anyway, to now it has gone from bad to worse to worst. I admit I am not optimistic nor am I hopeful that we will get a redemption the way we want. With the new show on Colors which is quiet good this show has a very tough competition. You would think the amount of vfx and magic we got last week including kabir TRP would have been very high but looks like the number audiences like many of us here have moved on or given up.

I think regardless of the belief that it’s magic or fantasy, we as human look for consistency and story. Magic can only take you so far without a solid story. Additionally, unlike children adults don’t clap and be happy whenever they see mindless magic and that’s the downfall of this show. Yes there was magic, yes the vfx was good, but it had no story and hasn’t since Alia. No amount of vfx or magic can overcome that shortfall. Good leads or not.

Let’s hope rather than tweeting like a maniac who has stopped taking his Prozac and got locked in the basement by his parents, the director will take notes of the tweets he receives and start fixing those loopholes. Story is what attracts the audiences - even the other fantasy and mythical shows yes there was magic but the story was there as well. I do want the show to get better and maybe it will never reach what it was before, but it can at least be better than what it is now.

I think the show has the potential to be what it was

The leads are still beautiful but for the audience to con ect with aman roshni pair again they have to show us a good redemption track with a lot of nok jok

I think both are having trusting issues.roshni didnt trust amans instinct regarding laila.but I dont fault her this bcoz her soulmate destroys her bakery throw her out humiliated and what not

Both are ready to  sacrifice their life for each other so not doubt about their intensity of their life

Though aman woudnt admit he already put roshni before her family's safety ( during key retrieving at ayana corner and today)

Hope the writers listen to the audiences and bring the show back to its previous glory

vibha28 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jiss555

I think the show has the potential to be what it was

The leads are still beautiful but for the audience to con ect with aman roshni pair again they have to show us a good redemption track with a lot of nok jok

I think both are having trusting issues.roshni didnt trust amans instinct regarding laila.but I dont fault her this bcoz her soulmate destroys her bakery throw her out humiliated and what not

Both are ready to  sacrifice their life for each other so not doubt about their intensity of their life

Though aman woudnt admit he already put roshni before her family's safety ( during key retrieving at ayana corner and today)

Hope the writers listen to the audiences and bring the show back to its previous glory

It can get better but sadly I don’t think it will ever reach the earlier glory. Before Alia story was crisp, each track had a closure, and no dragging. BB is a tough competition as it truly shows society’s bias and issues and in this climate many will want to watch that. It will depend on how they go with that show though.

Roshni doesn’t need to trust Aman after what he did - he deserves every time his trust is thrown in his face but even with that roshni has explained her reasoning which Aman never did apart from saying Alia was normal.

I think he went to save kids and roshni not roshni and kids. But see without a proper redemption it will be for naught. I can’t appreciate the pair as I keeping seeing the throwing out, bakery burning, and name calling.

Let’s hope we get our redemption and it brings this show number one on SP. The current number one show has a good track going but let’s hope here too something changes. Alternatively, the .1 increases every week I guess?

Jiss555 thumbnail

It can get better but sadly I don’t think it will ever reach the earlier glory. Before Alia story was crisp, each track had a closure, and no dragging. BB is a tough competition as it truly shows society’s bias and issues and in this climate many will want to watch that. It will depend on how they go with that show though.

Roshni doesn’t need to trust Aman after what he did - he deserves every time his trust is thrown in his face but even with that roshni has explained her reasoning which Aman never did apart from saying Alia was normal.

I think he went to save kids and roshni not roshni and kids. But see without a proper redemption it will be for naught. I can’t appreciate the pair as I keeping seeing the throwing out, bakery burning, and name calling.

Let’s hope we get our redemption and it brings this show number one on SP. The current number one show has a good track going but let’s hope here too something changes. Alternatively, the .1 increases every week I guess?

I tried to binge watch some shows but nothing is getting my intrest. I love books that's a constant but other than jadoo I am not interested in any tele watching .I tried to watch movies like houseful 4 ,bala etc but I stopped within 10 minutes.I tried some English moves but same effect. 

So jinn has such a hold over me and that maybe the reason I am getting bored with bb.i was following bb in insta and YouTube to know about our competition. But from last week I am seriously getting bored .I dont feel anything when they show about satisfied or women empowerment or whatever

So now a days I dont find bb such a competition for jinn.But trp shows otherwise so I am nobody to comment but it's my perspective. 

But trust me there has to be some magical logic in  magic.in Harry Potter whenever there is a magical remedy to a dilemma they will explain the magical reason behind it.so we wont question the story

But jinn is full of loopholes.so our connection to jinn will get lost some where 

For example (roshni underwent surgery the next day after intimacy.fight all zehral and saved the sinking house,went to minar all in the same day,next day wedding anniversary then laila.See no logic.How will anybody gets pregnant within three or 4 days post intimacy,absurd)

vibha28 thumbnail

I tried to binge watch some shows but nothing is getting my intrest. I love books that's a constant but other than jadoo I am not interested in any tele watching .I tried to watch movies like houseful 4 ,bala etc but I stopped within 10 minutes.I tried some English moves but same effect. 

So jinn has such a hold over me and that maybe the reason I am getting bored with bb.i was following bb in insta and YouTube to know about our competition. But from last week I am seriously getting bored .I dont feel anything when they show about satisfied or women empowerment or whatever

So now a days I dont find bb such a competition for jinn.But trp shows otherwise so I am nobody to comment but it's my perspective. 

But trust me there has to be some magical logic in  magic.in Harry Potter whenever there is a magical remedy to a dilemma they will explain the magical reason behind it.so we wont question the story

But jinn is full of loopholes.so our connection to jinn will get lost some where 

For example (roshni underwent surgery the next day after intimacy.fight all zehral and saved the sinking house,went to minar all in the same day,next day wedding anniversary then laila.See no logic.How will anybody gets pregnant within three or 4 days post intimacy,absurd)

It makes sense what you say - I guess it’s easy for me as after IPKKND I decided never to go to that level with any show. So now I am a detached viewer who do like the acting but I can let it go if need be. Reading my first love is there too and so many books to read. Movies wise I prefer English to Hindi and the recent Bombshell was very good and Oscar nominated, Ford vs Ferrari, two popes, the Irishmen and so forth very very very good movies and it gave me something else to watch as well.

For me BB represents a societal issue and I think it’s connects - again it will depend on audiences. Obviously the numbers aren’t as good as before which was 2.6, 2.7 to now 2.1,2.2 so somewhere something has gone wrong.

You are right the disconnect is because of loopholes and yes whilst not comparing HP LOTR  to this, those shows even with magic had logic which is what my post said. Back in the days it was Mahabharat and I remember mum would make all of us watch it and we liked it. That show ruled charts - it has vfx of that time but story pulled audiences and of course lack of option.

If the makers focus on story it can reach to top spot on Starplus at least. Bring on the redemption already.

Ayanah sleeps with hubby and within few days is pregnant - MAGIC lol 😂 nothing else can explain the phenomenon...

minu_8 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Jiss I agree that tehbpassage of time is so stupid.m it's just been 3 - 4 days..but I have seen that itv in general does such a poor job of showing days passing.. for my own sanity I am just going to assume it's been enough days where pregnancy can be tested no matter how impossible it is  based on what is shown in the show. 

And vibha I dont blame u at all for thinking he is saving hsi kids and not roshni.. just to vent my frustration even I would tweet the director same bcos of doing such a bad job since alia track.. 

Personally I dont think so..I feel he is saving roshni for herself.. but the other opinion is totally valid for their poor job.  

What I want is.. maybe roshni gets severely injured and if they r not going to go ahead with thsi pregnancy track then maybe aman agrees to abort bcos roshni condition is not good.

Maybe roshni can blame him that  he deliberately did that bcos of his opinion abt her..all his name.calling she can throw back on his face.money minded class and fayda uthaya..

U know u didnt want a child with tawaif ki beti..u thought Maine fayda uthaya so that I get pregnant and take ur money.. I an sure no such thing will happen..  but what defense he blhas when she accuses him of soemthing that he really did and said in the past

Edited by minu_8 - 4 years ago
vibha28 thumbnail

Originally posted by: minu_8

Jiss I agree that tehbpassage of time is so stupid.m it's just been 3 - 4 days..but I have seen that itv in general does such a poor job of showing days passing.. for my own sanity I am just going to assume it's been enough days where pregnancy can be tested no matter how impossible it is  based on what is shown in the show. 

And vibha I dont blame u at all for thinking he is saving hsi kids and not roshni.. just to vent my frustration even I would tweet the director same bcos of doing such a bad job since alia track.. 

Personally I dont think so..I feel he is saving roshni for herself.. but the other opinion is totally valid for their poor job.  

What I want is.. maybe roshni gets severely injured and if they r not going to go ahead with thsi pregnancy track then maybe aman agrees to abort bcos roshni condition is not good.

Maybe roshni can blame him that  he deliberately did that bcos of his opinion abt her..all his name.calling she can throw back on his face.money minded class and fayda uthaya..

U know u didnt want a child with tawaif ki beti..u thought Maine fayda uthaya so that I get pregnant and take ur money.. I an sure no such thing will happen..  but what defense he blhas when she accuses him of soemthing that he really did and said in the past

Or they show a pregnancy which lasts a year and no baby bump whatsoever and lead can wear see through sari and show off her flatboard abs. Where is the baby? The stork will deliver it.

Unfortunately for me unless I see consistency I can’t trust Aman and you are right the fault lies solely in the story telling if I can call it that. When there are accusations and then care it blurs the line which makers want us to see. Therefore the end result is which side you are watching.

I love your scenario as I do not want pregnancy and I do want roshni to blast him at least once. What he said and what he did no girl no one deserves that - guilty or not. There is literally no justification for it the words he said and his actions - he needs to be held accountable for that. If your scenario happens it will be a treat to watch as we can truly get our redemption with Aman trying to get into good books of roshni and her truly making him work for it - win win. 

Jiss555 thumbnail

Originally posted by: minu_8

Today when I watch it in the morning I felt he was rushing to save babies but watching it again during lunch hour made me feel like he was worried about roshni.So I think audiences can swing both ways it will depend on ones perspective 

But if they bring in a track where aman chooses to save roshni but not the babies then it will be good. And letting ayana blame him without telling her anything will be in a way redemption itself

But the great side effects of a miscarriage track is we will get a broken roshni.Her heart got broken in so many ways previosly by her own soulmate and ammi so even if it's a fiction I wont wish it for roshni

Jiss555 thumbnail

It makes sense what you say - I guess it’s easy for me as after IPKKND I decided never to go to that level with any show. So now I am a detached viewer who do like the acting but I can let it go if need be. Reading my first love is there too and so many books to read. Movies wise I prefer English to Hindi and the recent Bombshell was very good and Oscar nominated, Ford vs Ferrari, two popes, the Irishmen and so forth very very very good movies and it gave me something else to watch as well.

For me BB represents a societal issue and I think it’s connects - again it will depend on audiences. Obviously the numbers aren’t as good as before which was 2.6, 2.7 to now 2.1,2.2 so somewhere something has gone wrong.

You are right the disconnect is because of loopholes and yes whilst not comparing HP LOTR  to this, those shows even with magic had logic which is what my post said. Back in the days it was Mahabharat and I remember mum would make all of us watch it and we liked it. That show ruled charts - it has vfx of that time but story pulled audiences and of course lack of option.

If the makers focus on story it can reach to top spot on Starplus at least. Bring on the redemption already.

Ayanah sleeps with hubby and within few days is pregnant - MAGIC lol 😂 nothing else can explain the phenomenon...

Ya even magic couldn't explain the process of implantation. Weird.Even though we cant compare classics like Harry Potter and lotr y cant the cvs think.How much brain is needed to calculate a time gap bw intimacy and pregnancy. If they could show a leap of 2 weeks before zehral track we wouldn't feel that the makers are crackpots

They are showing this much vfx and stunts how much it will cost them to simply write a subtitle of After 2 weeks 🤔☺️before kabir bite that  doctor.

vibha28 thumbnail

Ya even magic couldn't explain the process of implantation. Weird.Even though we cant compare classics like Harry Potter and lotr y cant the cvs think.How much brain is needed to calculate a time gap bw intimacy and pregnancy. If they could show a leap of 2 weeks before zehral track we wouldn't feel that the makers are crackpots

They are showing this much vfx and stunts how much it will cost them to simply write a subtitle of After 2 weeks 🤔☺️before kabir bite that  doctor.

Absolutely correct - had this track after separation perhaps it would have made sense given time since their consummation and separation plus they were in love and all that. But this sudden oops baby is way too weird but again it’s magic.

The thing is and I have noticed every single ITV show starts out good and then just goes down. Are they scared to stick to story? Are they being pressured? They have no story? I don’t know but it’s a pattern.

The creatives have a gold mine and they are busy collecting stones - focus on the loopholes and complete the story - see how it soars but nope they want to show us twins saga - from aman/kabir, Laila/Chandni to these new babies🙄🙄🙄🙄
Last line - GOLD 👏👏👏👏