For Her Honour- PreRish FF (Teaser on pg 10)

aria_valerie thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

ONE

Prerna couldn't believe her eyes. She couldn't truly comprehend what was in front of her.

How could Anurag do this to her? Why?

Where did she go wrong? 

She had loved him. She had worshiped him. 

She held him in the highest regard. Putting him, his family, his happiness, his Honour before herself.

She made him her priority. She put him before her own family. Her flesh and blood.

So, where did she exactly go wrong? 

For the past 8 years, this one question remained in her mind. 

Why would he betray her? When did he exactly stop loving her? Was it when Mr. Bajaj entered their lives?

When was it?

Was it when she refused to let him fire a complaint against Mr. Bajaj? 

These questions often kept her awake. Anurag ruined her. He ruined her life, her existence, her soul.

HE KILLED HER.

And Mr. Bajaj, he kept her living. He breathed into her a new life, new start, a reason to live.

When she first went to London, she couldn't sleep at first. She couldn't sleep at all.

Every night, she would wake up screaming and thrashing.

Sometimes fighting her demons, sometimes desperately trying to save her daughter. 

But her daughter was dead. And the realization and horror of it killed her every night. Her daughter, killed due to the efforts of her own father.

The realization that she failed to protect her child.

And every night, Mr. Bajaj would rush into her room, switch on the lights, sit in front of her. His eyes would be pained and yet reassuring. He would hold her hands until they stopped shaking. 

He would caress her face and pull her back to light. To hope. To their daughter. Her daughter, who was alive.

Sometimes he would hold her in his arms, her head on his shoulder, her arms around him, desperately clinging on to her last hope of survival. 

He and Kukki were her only thread that tethered her to the world of the living.

Sometimes, he would whisper to her. Encouraging words, promises of redemption and retribution, promises of hope. 

Sometimes he would remain quiet and let her feel his heart beat and she would try to match her erratic heartbeat to his steady one.

He often sat by her side through the night. Sometimes, she would wake up early in the morning and find him, dozing off uncomfortably beside her, her hand curled up in his.

Sometimes waking up was different. There was an  ache in her body that would keep her bed ridden for hours and sometimes it was her own broken heart and ravaged soul. 

Her heart had become a barren island, on which nothing grew. The sun never rose. 

In those mornings he would bring Kukki in her room and the three of them had breakfast then Mr. Bajaj would take  Kukki to school and came back and worked from her room. 

On days like these, she watched him. His commanding presence. And she wanted hers to be the same way. Then Kukki would come back and they would have lunch and then Mr. Bajaj would leave the both of them. He didn't say so but he was afraid that she would do something drastic if he left her alone for even a single moment.

And sometimes she felt like doing it but she would push those thoughts away. Mr. Bajaj and Kukki weren't giving up on her. For their sake, she would fight.

After six months of being trapped inside, she told Mr. Bajaj that she was ready to face the world. She wanted to go to Kukki's school because Kukki was the lead in a play.

Mr. Bajaj's eyes shone with pride but he was concerned. When they entered Kukki's school, she became anxious and her breathing became erratic and her head spun, watching all those people. She wanted to bolt but Mr. Bajaj would support her and be her anchor.

When Prerna watched her daughter act, she realized that Kukki had changed. Watching her mother in that condition had aged Kukki. Her daughter. The one who was alive. And though the thought pained her, it was now bearable and Prerna knew that she would survive.

And slowly, as days passed, she came back to life. She went outside with her family, greeted people, laughed, danced in the expensive galas with Mr. Bajaj and sometimes with him and Kukki in her room. The three of them, carefree of the world. And she finally gathered up the courage to call her family back in Kolkata. Three days later they were in London, hugging her and kissing her. And crying with her. Mr. Bajaj just stood in the corner and watched the Sharma family find their missing piece. Their Priyu. And when they gathered in the living room, in a group hug. She saw her mother go to Mr. Bajaj and thank him, while he touched her feet for her blessing. She gave him her blessings. Wholeheartedly.

After a year and a half, she asked Mr. Bajaj to become her mentor and lead her into the world of business. She not just wanted justice, she wanted to make her own identity.

She worked day and night, and Mr. Bajaj worked harder. always encouraging her, pushing her limits. Bringing her coffee at night, explaining the logistics to her. He became her friend, guide, life coach, mentor, companion, a confidante.

And right now, she wanted him. She needed him to be her with her and help her face Anurag Basu's betrayal and treachery head on.

Ch 1 on pg 1

Ch 2 on pg 2

Ch 3 on pg 3

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note

This is my first fan fiction. I know it isn't perfect but that's how imagine Prerna and Mr. Bajaj. 

If you like the first chapter, please comment and let me know.

With love,

Aria

Edited by aria_valerie - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MishtiNew thumbnail

Hi, Aria. I am Mishti.

Awesome chapter...

Please continue soon...

The way you have described Prerna and her pain is just fabulous.

The part mentioning Kukki's maturity is just awesome.

Please continue soon...

Gurmeet4Drashti thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

This is lovely!! 

I loved the dynamics. 

WaqtZaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Most Comments (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7

Hey Aria, what an amazing start. Who would say this is the first FF of yours?  Beyond amazing. Give more faster and quicker. 🤗Image

Minhasmansi92 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Hi Aria. I m Mansi. 

I loved the whole freaking update. 

Now i m hungry. I need more of this FF. Update soon. Give me more, more and more. 

aria_valerie thumbnail

Hey Mansi

Glad you liked it. I will try to update soon

Minhasmansi92 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: aria_valerie

Hey Mansi

Glad you liked it. I will try to update soon

I will be waiting!!!! 

Kira_James thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8

Beautifully written❤️

Edited by Kira_James - 4 years ago
aria_valerie thumbnail

TWO

Rishabh Bajaj wasn't a man who would let his imagination run wild and get a hold of his senses.

He wouldn't let his emotions get better of his reasoning.

You don't just build one of the biggest empires from scratch. It takes a lot of patience, dedication, presence of mind, and capacity for sacrifice. And he always prided in himself for having these qualities.

And yet as he sat in Prerna's room, he felt all those qualities go up in smoke.

He was nervous, which was typical because he would always get nervous if something was related to his family.

Though Prerna didn't have a relationship with him that could be named, she was a part of his family. 

She and Kukki were his family. 

He loved Prerna, Prerna loved Kukki, Kukki loved him and this love for each other bound them together. 

These past 8 years were filled with transgressions, pain, depression. But they were also filled with joy, love, hope. 

Pride. 

The pride he felt everytime Prerna got up after falling. The pride he felt when she achieved something, no matter how trivial. The pride he felt when his daughter would comfort her mother. He felt as if his heart would burst with joy. 

When Tanvi got married to a Aman, an Indian doctor based in London, Prerna had taken up the role of Tanvi's older sister and fulfilled all the duties a sister would. Advising Tanvi, supporting her and advising her to not let marriage take away her identity. Her husband was her partner not her owner. And Tanvi grew to love her as well.

Prerna Sharma had that effect on everyone, it seemed.

It felt a long time ago when he had said the same thing to her regarding Anurag Basu and now she was experienced enough to preach the same thing.

When she demanded to go back to Kolkata, he tried to stop her. Because he knew she wasn't ready to face Anurag, but she was so determined and she wouldn't alter her course. 

She wanted to go and he let her. Because he had promised himself that he would never control her or make her decisions for her. 

He would support her without binding her. 

He would love her without the expectation of reciprocation. 

Unrequited love was different from the love that was two sided.

Unrequited love was selfless, it was not just filled with joy but also with pain that the one you love may never love you back. It consumed a person. Rishabh always knew that there was a chance that she might fall in love with someone else and he knew that he would let her go.

If if meant that she would be happy, he would let her go. He had always urged her to make her own choices, take her own decisions, not to depend on anyone. 

When Prerna suggested that they should get married for Kukki sake. He had refused. 

He couldn't do that to her. He wouldn't do that to her. Bind her in a loveless marriage. Besides she had to make her own identity. She couldn't do it with the Bajaj surname behind her.

He wanted to shield her from the world but he didn't want to cast his shadow over her. 

He could've easily molly coddle her but it wasn't what she needed. It was time to let her stand without his support. If she fell, he would hold her, but she would have to stand up by herself. 

He would do what Anurag didn't. He would make sure that she would never need anyone to fight her own battles. He had promised himself this much.

And now he had succeeded. Prerna was in Kolkata, she had already bought shares in  Singhal enterprises. The Singhals were business partners of Basus. It would hit them with the speed of lightening that the wome they had abused was back, stronger than ever.

But he missed her and Kukki. He had recieved a call from Shivin that Prerna had found out about Anurag's Daughter. She was without a doubt in mental pain and anguish. And though he wanted to tear Kolkata apart, he stayed his hand. 

She would have to wipe her tears on her own. She would have to find the courage within herself. She couldn't let herself become weak now. 

And as for him, he would go to Kolkata soon enough, when his work here was done. He had to settle his old score with Basu family for what they did to him. 

Till then Prerna would fight. For herself, for her daughter, for the pain she suffered, for the misery they put her family through. For her honour.

AUTHOR'S NOTE 

I just couldn't resist posting another chapter. I know it's too soon. Please comment and let me know what you think.

Love,

Aria

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Freaking awesome! ❤️

This is how it should have been in the show.