mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

After watching Student Of The Year, I had no real hopes. I was convinced that he was going to be another star kid who would miss the acting train.

Main Tera Hero and Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania were movies which confirmed my faith in his below par acting, and over-exaggerated chocolate boy image.

Then, Badlapur happened. In a movie with brilliant actors like Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Huma Qureshi, his portrayal of a man seeking revenge was quite to the point.

This particular movie left an impression of an actor who wanted to grow and break his image.

I know he hasn't done anything to recommend him after Badlapur, but to be fair to him, he did try to break out of the mould in Sui Dhaagi and October. I do get the impression he's trying very hard to be versatile.

Do you guys think he needs to reinvent himself after his recent spate of flops?

Edited by mintyblue - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Unfair_Salman thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

kaha hein woh ajkaal? na koi movie announcement na outing mein dikhta hein. 

TrustNo1 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Done and dusted 

Extremely weak, non impressive and totally fake dialogue delivery. 

Unfair_Salman thumbnail

He did have a grear year in 2017 when none from mainstream cinema had a great run at box office. And in 2015 he had a good success of commercial success as well as bit of critical acclaim but he doesn't stand-out for some reasons. and his peak never reached the heights. But he's not washed-out yet like Sidharth Malhotra.

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

He's a bad actor with an irritating screen presence.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Talks like a tapori 

Dirdam thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Unfair_Salman

He did have a grear year in 2017 when none from mainstream cinema had a great run at box office. And in 2015 he had a good success of commercial success as well as bit of critical acclaim but he doesn't stand-out for some reasons. and his peak never reached the heights. But he's not washed-out yet like Sidharth Malhotra.

Why do you always have to drag his name ? Sid doesn't have the half of support than Varun has and he's still there, his last movie was semi hit!!

Lulzbolly thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Mumbai is anyways tapori city. Can't blame him. 

Unfair_Salman thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dirdam

Why do you always have to drag his name ? Sid doesn't have the half of support than Varun has and he's still there, his last movie was semi hit!!

LOL. everyone gets dragged here. Sidharth koi god hein kiya who shouldn't get called out? He continues to get movies after movies with zero acting talent, bland screen presence and dancing talent & zero box office pull. Surviving based on his so-called looks hyped on SM. Varun has way way bigger BO pull than Sid.M

Varun could act at least in Badlapur, October whereas even Shakun Batra couldn't make Sidharth act in Kapoor & Sons despite having a performance oriented role and scenes.