LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Corona Spooks Bollywood

The fast-spreading coronavirus has led to the cancellation of major events globally. Now there is news that a few Bollywood films might be affected too. 

The biggest of these is a multi-starrer film that was set to go on the floor later this month with a long shoot planned across parts of Italy. According to the grapevine, that outdoor schedule has been put off for now. The filmmakers are reportedly working round the clock to see if they can start the film on schedule. The plan is to begin with ‘interior’ scenes that they can shoot in studios in Mumbai and Hyderabad and hold off the ‘outdoor’ sequences meant to be shot in Europe for later in the year.

Another film, the remake of a popular 1990s comedy, has also hit a snag. One last song of this otherwise virtually complete project was scheduled to be shot in the Far East. But now the makers have decided to go to Ooty or to Ramoji Rao Studios in Hyderabad. ( I thought shooting for Coolie no 1 was done ) 

A new film from a big production company starring an A-list leading lady and a breakout actor from one of last year’s best films may also be delayed. The first schedule was supposed to be shot overseas; the filmmakers are currently brainstorming whether they should put off the shoot until it is safe to travel or rewrite the script to relocate it locally.

Looks like Takht is postponed . No wonder Aloo's pr was back to back letting out news of her signing new films last week. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jb508 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Rahul Raut story about Alia new movie mentioned that she would shoot the horror comedy in July and after that she would shoot Takht.

The last blind sounds like Deepika's movie with Shakun Batra. That has Siddharth Chaturvedi in it.

GumGum thumbnail

Third one is Deepu Siddhant's film.

Twinklingmoon thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

2 Dharma productions ki filme h ispe. KJo toh ab worried hoga bahut.

Koron ko corona sabse jyada affect Kar raha hai, I am worried for him😭

Edited by M0DERATOR - 4 years ago
hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

They are better off not filming than having a ready film that needs to be released. If the corona scare gets worse, people are going to stop going to theaters. The films that are releasing in a few months should be really worried.

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

they have been building the sets for takht since last year, so maybe they can swap the schedules and film the indoor scenes first, then it won't be such an issue

and some outdoor scenes of takht will be filmed in india aswell, so i guess they wud just have to swap schedules for the film 

And another thing, Ranveer is going to do a one month extensive promotional campaign for 83 which starts on 11th March with the trailer launch, so how was kjo going to start the outdoor schedule in Italy this month when Ranveer is scheduled to promote 83 until it releases on april 10th? I think takht is going to officially start filming in mid-April 

Edited by zara321 - 4 years ago
zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: jb508

Rahul Raut story about Alia new movie mentioned that she would shoot the horror comedy in July and after that she would shoot Takht.

The last blind sounds like Deepika's movie with Shakun Batra. That has Siddharth Chaturvedi in it.

kjo said only ranveer and vicky have very long and extensive shooting schedules for takht, he said the rest of the cast's schedules are not as extensive and are more flexible, so i guess the rest of the cast would be able to do other movies while shooting takht. And i think alia is either playing the sister or the wife of either aurangzeb or dara shikoh, so her role isn't that big anyway, the movie is mostly about dara shikoh and aurangzeb, kareena's role is bigger than alia's

Edited by zara321 - 4 years ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Europe is taking the Corona threat very seriously.  So it might have been the Italian government that told Dharma they couldn’t come now.  Apparently they’ve closed up all schools and universities to avoid the spread of virus.  KJo probably is worried as this delay is probably a logistics pain in the butt.  But I still can’t help and snicker that he wants to make a Mughul era movie in Italy 🤯.  

jb508 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Europe is taking the Corona threat very seriously.  So it might have been the Italian government that told Dharma they couldn’t come now.  Apparently they’ve closed up all schools and universities to avoid the spread of virus.  KJo probably is worried as this delay is probably a logistics pain in the butt.  But I still can’t help and snicker that he wants to make a Mughul era movie in Italy 🤯.  

Ranbir and Shraddha's movie is suppose to shoot in Spain this summer during a music festival. That will probably be changed.

LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Italy is one of the worst hit ... Their administration has been so callous in handling the coronavirus spread.