Which project Shukla has bagged after bb ?

chirpyhapibird thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Any news on shukla and his projects ??

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: chirpyhapibird

Any news on shukla and his projects ??

No as he is 2 busy in giving public appearances & interviews.

I guess abu Malik hinted that colors may come up with Sidra.

NepaliArtist thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Ya, I also think Abu was right about a show with SidRa. Even Rashmi has been saying things like 'Sid and I are great professionally' in interviews and lives so I think somewhere in her mind she is preparing her fans for a SidRa show. I'm sure it will be a success after his/her new and bigger fandom. They should give Shukla an antihero role now. No more Mr Nice Guy! Everyone has seen the temper issues and violent instinct so I think it'll work for him to use it as a character trait. 

And once Sana is not tied up with this show anymore, I'm sure they'll do some work together. So much potential money involved, as the SidNaaz craze is still riding high. Maybe a music video or joint appearances or something. Them performing at that awards function suggests that they are both interested in continuing the SidNaaz relationship professionally. Personally ka toh I don't know, but Abu seems to think there is some potential. LOL

aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Shukla is already an established name and financially secure. So he can afford to play the waiting game.

I'm sure his next show will be on Colors. Colors has not let him go since the time he did Balika Vadhu with the channel.

Till the time they have show for him he will get chances to perform in the awards shows or make guest appearances in their non fiction shows etc.

As for the kind of roles I'm sure they will still b lead roles but it would be nice if they are the kind that suit his age and temperament instead of roles like perfect man Shiv. Would like to see him in a flawed lead character on daily soaps .

NepaliArtist thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aparnauma

Shukla is already an established name and financially secure. So he can afford to play the waiting game.

I'm sure his next show will be on Colors. Colors has not let him go since the time he did Balika Vadhu with the channel.

Till the time they have show for him he will get chances to perform in the awards shows or make guest appearances in their non fiction shows etc.

As for the kind of roles I'm sure they will still b lead roles but it would be nice if they are the kind that suit his age and temperament instead of roles like perfect man Shiv. Would like to see him in a flawed lead character on daily soaps .

Hm that's a great point! He can afford the waiting game unlike Asim/Sana/even Paras/Mahira etc. 

Also, this Manisha Sharma connection is actually extremely strong. Its become kind of a punchline now to use her name against him, which is not what I'm doing here, but we have heard from way too many sources that she is the one guiding and casting him. He jumped from Sony to Colors exactly when she made the jump and has been a Colors-exclusive talent ever since. Plus, when they were having problems with his issues on set, the channel/production wanted him out but he still stayed within the Colors umbrella. Back then, Manisha was not as powerful as she is now. After becoming the content head for the entire channel, she has allowed Shukla to get away with repeated acts of physical violence on the show that has had a 12-year standing golden rule against violence at any cost. Matlab, she really supports him. Plus he is extremely popular now after BB13, so whenever he is ready, I'm sure Colors will have something good for him. His fans have no need to worry, I'm sure he'll be back to work within 2-3 months after resting for a bit.

Edited by NepaliArtist - 4 years ago
aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: NepaliArtist

Hm that's a great point! He can afford the waiting game unlike Asim/Sana/even Paras/Mahira etc. 

Also, this Manisha Sharma connection is actually extremely strong. Its become kind of a punchline now to use her name against him, which is not what I'm doing here, but we have heard from way too many sources that she is the one guiding and casting him. He jumped from Sony to Colors exactly when she made the jump and has been a Colors-exclusive talent ever since. Plus, when they were having problems with his issues on set, the channel/production wanted him out but he still stayed within the Colors umbrella. Back then, Manisha was not as powerful as she is now. After becoming the content head for the entire channel, she has allowed Shukla to get away with repeated acts of physical violence on the show that has had a 12-year standing golden rule against violence at any cost. Matlab, she really supports him. Plus he is extremely popular now after BB13, so whenever he is ready, I'm sure Colors will have something good for him. His fans have no need to worry, I'm sure he'll be back to work within 2-3 months after resting for a bit.

On the topic of Manisha Sharma she was creative in Sony TV and was associated with BB. When she shifted from Sony to Colors she brought BB with her and she was creative head of non fiction section on Colors since then.

Shukla did quite a few shows as male lead on Star net work Zee before hitting big time when he was cast in Balika Vadhu in 2012

Coming to Balika Vadhu itself - it's the show that made Colors what it is and is a very prestigious project for them and Colors Channel the Production house Sphere origins.More importantly the writers team Purnendu Sekhar Gajra Kottary Director Sidharth Sengupta are very possessive about the show and they had a great deal of control over the casting and story line.

Manisha Sharma may have put forward Shukla's name but she had no say in the final casting as she was not involved in fiction content back then.

His connection with Manisha Sharma may have helped him reach there but it was the show's creative team that was responsible for his casting in that show. That role was supposed to be a short role of an army officer who dies on the frontier leaving behind him widowed Anandi expecting their first child. But his character and the love story of Anandi Shiv propelled the show to a new heights and that track in Balika Vadhu ran for almost three years. A role which was originally a cameo appearance of a dashing soldier became a parallel male lead opposite the titular character Balika Vadhu.

After Shiv from Balika Vadhu Shukla became a very well known and he got JDJ where he survived solely because of voting from fans despite his lousy dancing.

His popularity is the reason why Colors sticks to him and doesn't let him go. 

Manisha Sharma was given charge of fiction content somewhere in 2014.

Don't think Manisha Sharma would have been able to push his name for DSDT if he is not popular. Incidentally he was not the first choice for the male lead in DSDT. It was the other lead from Balika Vadhu who was the first choice but he refused and Shukla was cast opposite Rashmi who to was not the first choice.

Shukla's popularity is real his connection with Manisha Sharma may have helped him but his fans are real and very loyal.Leads from Balika Vadhu have fans from all over the world because it's been dubbed into so many languages and is being aired in so many countries.

Manisha Sharma may be good with non fiction content but the fiction content went south ever since she took over that section.

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sid doesn't have to hurry and take up what ever is coming his way...he is a big celebrity...what Big Boss did was just cement his stardom....he will take his time to choose what he has to do...same goes for Rashmi...she is a big star and is taking her time.....for the newbies it is important that they take whatever comes their way to keep in the news and once they are established then they can pick and choose...otherwise unknown faces who become choosy....disappear....next year again 20 more people will become the flavor of the season and these people will be gone unless they keep themselves in circulation....whatever happened to all those people like Bandagi and all...kitna hype tha and now they disappeared.....so don't compare apples and oranges.....Sid is established and I am sure SidRa being so popular......producers must be lining up,,,,

Just today saw a 15 min video which Debo put up...where her and Rashmi are interacting with fans on Insta I guess....and 90% of the questions were about Sidra or Sidleena or Sid...Rashmi even got mad at one point...ki tum humare liye poochh rahe ho...ya Sid ke liye🤣....such is their craze.....Sid is very popular and I am waiting to see what he takes up...I don't watch soaps...but definitely watching Sid's next😛

I_Have_A_Spine thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I feel Shukla should be wildcard in MSK & then get married to Sana.

You can have MSK season 2 where they get divorced!