Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Uday_Shetty thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: alina.b

Miyaaan ❤️ We stan a supportive husband 😆 TBH I make Shravan's character way too perfect. But, he sees Suman as an equal and since he loves her he wants her to reach her goals. He's seen her work hard her whole life and knows her true potential. His love is bigger than his male ego 

I agree! The Shravan you have written is the type of person I want in my life!😆 

alina.b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Mahekbhalla4

Can't believe the FF is ending..got so used to reading all the updates..hope u come up with something new soon(an OS maybe😊) as I really admire your ideas.

Would definitely love to see suman joining the army again and Shravan supporting her.

Update the epilogue soon..can't wait to read how their life will be after the leap😊

Aww thank you! Your comment means a lot me ❤️ I will update the epilogue next week...it will be short & sweet! If time permits, I plan on writing one OS that was requested by Bhagu. After that, I will have to stop writing as I will get busy with school. 

Originally posted by: Meena_J

wonderful job alina ..loved reading it

Thanks Meena! Thank you for reading 🤗

Originally posted by: Pranushka_723

I agree! The Shravan you have written is the type of person I want in my life!smiley36 

He is husband goals ❤️ Boys...if you are reading...take notes! 

Rajitha_rajji95 thumbnail

Hai...it's a vry gud and heart felt update ...btw wn r u gng to update the last chapter of this FF

alina.b thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rajitha_rajji95

Hai...it's a vry gud and heart felt update ...btw wn r u gng to update the last chapter of this FF

Hi Minny!! Thanks for the comment. Glad you liked the chapter! I actually went on a short vacation and just got back today. So, I'll start writing tomorrow. It'll be a short and sweet epilogue. Hard to believe that this FF is finally coming to an end! If time permits, I will also write an OS this week. 

Mahekbhalla4 thumbnail

Update soon...can't wait anymore 😊

alina.b thumbnail

Chapter 20 - The Epilogue

--- Suman’s POV ---

Three years later…

I kept looking at my phone, waiting for the video call from Shravan. I joined the army three years after our marriage and was currently posted near the border in Rajasthan. I wanted to spend the first few years with Shravan and Sagar, living as a family together. I had also convinced Kavita Aunty to come live with us. She was hesitant to move back to Bhopal as she had bad memories associated with the place but eventually agreed. Two years into our marriage, we gave birth to a little girl who we named Shreya. Our little family was finally complete. 

Initially, we were worried about how Sagar would react as our attention would be divided. But during this time, Shravan’s bond with Sagar grew even stronger. Sagar surprised us by turning into a protective and caring older brother. Shravan was worried that Kavita Aunty might mistreat Sagar and love Shreya more. So, he made it clear to her that he would not tolerate Sagar being treated differently simply because he was not his biological son. Kavita Aunty grew angry hearing that Shravan would think like that because she and Sagar had grown very close and she considered him her own grandson. Just like how she was a doting mother, she was an even more doting grandmother. She was always spoiling him with desserts and telling him Shravan’s embarrassing childhood stories. Sometimes, it seemed like she loved Sagar more than Shravan. 

I broke out of my thoughts as I saw Shravan’s name display across my phone. I excitedly accepted the call. Talking to my family was my favorite part of the day as I missed them every second I was away from them. I felt like my heart would burst out of happiness when I saw Shravan and Sagar waving at me. I laughed when Shravan took Shreya’s little hand and made her wave too. I thought I couldn’t fall any more in love with Shravan but he proved me wrong. With every passing day, I fell more in love with him. Whenever I felt restless, he knew how to calm me down. He always understood what’s on my mind or how I’m feeling without me ever even telling him. He just makes life so easy and peaceful. My biggest fear with rejoining the army was that I would be cut off from my family and that I would be a bad mother again. But, Shravan made being a mom so easy. He always made sure that the kids were talking to me regularly and that I was aware of everything that was happening in their lives. 

I pouted, “Hmm...you called me ten minutes later than our usual time. Do you not miss me anymore?”

Shravan laughed, “No Sumo, that’s not true. We miss you all the time. Bunty was here to pick up Aditi and you know how he is...once he starts talking then he doesn’t stop”. 

I noticed Sagar blushing when Aditi’s name was mentioned so I asked, pretending to be unaware, “Aditi has been coming over a lot lately, hasn’t she?”

Sagar’s face turned crimson and slapped his forehead, “Not you too, Mom! Sometimes, we do homework together...that’s all”. 

Shravan spoke up, “Which reminds me, guess what, Sumo? Our Sagar got a perfect score on his math exam! He even got first place in his debate competition yesterday. I guess, he really has taken after you in academics”. Shravan lovingly ruffled Sagar’s hair and told him that he was proud of him. 

Sagar’s eyes brightened up, “Mumma, my badminton competition is next week! Will you be able to come this time?” 

I sighed, “I’m sorry, Sagar...it seems like I won’t be able to come this time either”. Sagar nodded and said it was okay. He forced a smile and hid his disappointment. But, little did he know that I would be able to come to his competition and was planning on surprising him. I glared at Shravan who was grinning as he knew the truth. I shook my head hoping that Sagar wouldn’t see his smile so my surprise wouldn’t be ruined. 

Suddenly, Shreya started babbling in her baby language and gurgled, “Mummm”. I squealed in excitement as I thought she would say her first word. 

Shravan laughed, “Well, we are getting there almost. She has half of it down”. He spoke to Shreya in a high-pitched voice, “Say Mum-ma…” I laughed seeing how cute Shravan was when he spoke in his baby voice. Who would have looked at teenager Shravan and thought that he would become a caring husband and father one day? My life felt so complete with him. 

Shravan and I laughed seeing how Sagar made silly faces at his little sister, making her giggle. I missed my family so much. Shreya yawned and Shravan gently picked her up saying it was bedtime. While Shravan was tucking Shreya into bed, Sagar updated me on everything that was going on in school and home. He told me how he was excelling in studies and sports. He told me about his recent argument with Aditi and how he took care of his grandma, Kavita Aunty, when she felt sick yesterday. I was happy that even though I was miles away, I could still be a part of my family’s life. Shravan truly kept his promise of making sure that I wouldn’t miss out on anything. 

When Shravan came back, Sagar wished me good night as he had to get up early in the morning to complete an assignment. Finally, Shravan and I were alone. I sighed, “I miss you, Shravan”. 

He looked at his watch and said, “Not for long! You will finally be back home in 5 days, 3 hours, and 4 minutes”. I giggled seeing his excited face. Sometimes, he still acts like a kid. We both talked about our days. I could tell that Shravan missed being in the army. He was so proud of me when I rejoined the army. I still remember when he was seeing me off. He said that he would wait for me and pray everyday for my safety. He told me not to worry about anything back home as he will take care of everyone. He fixed my badge and placed a soft kiss on my forehead before whispering that my happiness is his happiness. 

I noticed that Shravan was rubbing his eyes and realized that he was tired. Although I wanted to talk to him longer, I knew that working and taking care of the family was tiring for him so I wished him good night. I laid in bed and looked out the window at the stars and thanked them for bringing Shravan into my life. 

Five days later….

I stepped off the train and my eyes searched for the one that I yearned to see. Suddenly, I saw an arm pop up and wave in the crowd. I dropped my luggage and ran into Shravan’s arms. I was home. I tightly wrapped my arms around his neck, never wanting to let go, as he spun me around. There was no place more comfortable than being in his arms. I moved back and my heart warmed up seeing his bright smile. I could tell that even though he was the one who convinced me to join the army, he missed being away from me. Shravan taught me the true meaning of love. Love is selfless - even though Shravan wishes to have me around more, he would never ask me to sacrifice my goals for him. Instead, he has always motivated and encouraged me to do better. 

Shravan rested his forehead on mine and whispered, “Welcome back home, Sumo”. He picked up my luggage and we walked hand-in-hand to our car. I giggled seeing the smile that was plastered across his face. He looked like an excited little kid. We sat in the car and he kissed my hand. He sighed, “I can’t believe you are finally home. You have no idea how much I missed you”. 

I pinched his cheek and smiled, “I do...because I missed you just as much, Shravan”. When we reached home, Shravan parked the car and I helped him get the luggage out. Suddenly, I felt his arm lace around my waist and turned me around. I looked into his eyes that were full of love as he moved close and placed a soft peck on my lips. I giggled, “What are you doing? What if our neighbors see us?” 

He pulled closer and smirked, “So? I don’t care what anyone thinks. I’m seeing my wife after a really long time and I missed her. Also, the kids will steal you away from me when they finally meet you so I won’t get to spend alone time with you until later”. I laughed and gently slapped his cheek. He pulled my arm and said, “Let’s go inside, the kids are restlessly waiting for you”. 

As I stepped into our house through the gate, I saw everyone waiting for me on the porch. Sagar ran into my arms and hugged me tightly. Shravan brought little Shreya to me and I looked up in surprise at Shravan when she called me Mumma. I felt like my heart would burst as I hugged my family. Bunty told us to look towards the camera as he took a picture of us. I looked over at Shravan next to me and he smiled back at me. I was the luckiest woman on earth and I never thought that I would ever be happy in life. But with Shravan by my side, I don’t need anything else. I have loved him for a thousand years and I will love him for a thousand more...no, actually I will love him for eternity and we will belong to each other in every lifetime. We were destined to be with each other, since the day we crossed paths because Mil Jaate Hai Jo Bane Ek Duje Ke Vaaste (Those who are made for each other will meet).

|| --- THE END --- ||

------------

A/N: Sorry for the delay! I hope you liked the ending and this FF. Thank you for all the support and love! Please comment/like as this will be the last time to show your appreciation! If you are reading this FF after it has been completed, please still comment/like as it will make me happy when I come back to see it. Please read my Thank You & Goodbye note below! 

Edited by alina.b - 3 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

alina.b thumbnail

Final Author's Note: Thank You & Goodbye

Thank you to those who commented on my chapters. Thank you to those who liked my chapters. Last but not the least...thanks to my silent readers who read my story. My final request to you all is to please comment and like as this will be your last chance to show your appreciation. Please, let me know that the last few months I spent writing this story, was worth it. ❤️ You all have boosted my confidence so much and made me feel so happy. 

I never thought that I would write a FF and that too, 20 chapters long! But, this is how I spent my quarantine and this story will be memorable and close to my heart as it is something I created and am proud of myself. I challenged myself by writing but there were times when I felt down. I felt like it wasn't up to the mark. Especially towards the end, I felt like I was losing my "creative energy". But, there were also chapters that I had fun writing. Personally, my favorite chapter/scene was the when Suman sees off Shravan at the airport when he was leaving for Kashmir. Let me know what your favorite scene was!

I can't wait for our show to finally come back on air. This will probably be my last piece of writing. I am about to start college again and am not sure if I will have to time to write. I will have get settled into my new routine and then evaluate. I am planning on writing one more OS this summer before school starts as I had promised someone but it won't be writing for a while as I need to get my energy back. I don't want to write a story that will be boring or not well written...it's not fair to my readers. 

Sorry, I'm very bad at writing Goodbye notes 😆 I guess all things come to an end one day. Again, thank you all so much for everything! Thank you for reading this little figment of my imagination and showering me with love & appreciation. I will miss you all. 

Love,

Alina

“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” -A.A. Milne (Winnie-the-Pooh)

If you haven't read my other works, please do:

Alina's Story Index on Suvan

Edited by alina.b - 3 years ago
Uday_Shetty thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Miyan I can't believe this beautiful story ended! 😭

I loved all the chapters❤️

The ending was so sweet❤️

I am going to really miss reading your ff😭

The story was so well written and the details you gave in were very beautiful 

Going to re-read it again next week😆

Can't wait for the OS to be out!

And as always I love your Shravan😆

P.S- I am first again 🥳😆

Mahekbhalla4 thumbnail

Can't believe that one of my all time favourite ff has ended😔😔 

Would definitely read it again..please do upload ur os whenever u get tym..

Cherrydreamsxx thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hi Alina, I read your story and every chapter was beautiful written. 👏 Loved it. Finally they have a happy ending and are together. ❤️ I will miss reading your FF. Waiting for your OS.