What would you do

Mineil_Fan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

What would you do if your sister or daughter had been in situation Arya was stuck in? Would you keep quiet.? Would you take action against the school? Or would you only take against Keval and forgive the school 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sakurablossom thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Believe it or not, we had one such case in our college last year. The victim here is a 20-21 year old student and accused was a senior. It's a state  affiliated hospital, not a private institute. 

The girl went for an ultrasound at around 8 pm. The doctor performing ultrasound molested her. There weren't any witness, no cctv camera or anything. She filed complaint in gender committee after 2-3 months.  First her case was dismissed as there are no evidence. Later on there was pressure from students, professors and hence they decided to give her alibi a fair shot. Her alibi had some loopholes. Hence her statements were not considered reliable. 

Her parents were okay with filing a case in the committee, but they didn't want to involve police. Reason being- 1) filing a case means police has to investigate, so police usually discourages people from filing an FIR in the first place  2) police is supposed to look for evidence, but police investigation is very lousy in most of the cases. 3) it takes a lot of time in a getting first hearing in the court. 4) If there are no conclusive evidence, then accused will be acquitted in most cases. 5)they can drag the case for years, jeopardizing her career. 

So she didn't file an FIR but filed a complaint in Gender committee. 

Eventually the doctor got dismissed for a year.

PS: this post is not intended to discourage anyone from filing a police case.

Anj_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Hannie_Fan

What would you do if your sister or daughter had been in situation Arya was stuck in? Would you keep quiet.? Would you take action against the school? Or would you only take against Keval and forgive the school 

Action against both the culprit and the school. School management is also a partner in crime as they are trying to protect the kewal.

Aise logo ke karan hi criminals ke hausle buland hote hain kyunki unhe pata hai ki apni reputation ke dar se na to koi maa baap complaint karenge na hi koi school management unhe support karega

Edited by anjali0111 - 4 years ago
Sushdvj thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

School ko forgive no chance

Me to dono ko hi nai chodungi 

Julm karne Vale ko bacchane Vale bhi equally culprit h 

Priya204 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

More than the culprit management is at fault because of such people culprits get a clean chit both keval and management should be punished and government should stop giving them any aids.

In fact such culprits in schools most of the times are repeat offenders they commit such a crime and school fires them then they get a job somewhere else and that other place hires them without any background check.

Edited by Priya204 - 4 years ago
Del00 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

It’s a pretty difficult the more this story goes on and doesn’t seem as simple as getting justice like I first thought. As much as I can totally get minis POV about equality and justice and would want to do the same myself it’s tricky when you’re fighting against an establishment. When even the police says they don’t have the power because these people are powerful, who can you turn you? As much as mini is right to be honest and wants justice, when even the police needs convincing to do something what hope is there that a man like keval can be brought to justice? It seems like if you have connections with rich and powerful people, you are above the law and even the police are afraid of these people. It really was like a slap in the face when the molester came out side their house and called her a lowly policeman’s daughter (as tho poor people aren’t entitled to be protected from criminals/molesters). And even their own neighbours (except kammo) turned the other cheek even though it’s about such a serious topic, yet other times they’re only too willing to get in peoples business. It’s also a case of mini being unable to do much if nehas parents aren’t willing to speak up, considering she was the actual victim not Arya. If i had to choose the first thing I’d do is remove Arya from that school (even choose to homeschool her if schools are really this irresponsible with the safety of children). as much as mini can advise nehas parents to speak up, I honestly think they’re too weak to stand up for their child. Mini has lived abroad before, if I was her I would honestly go find a job abroad in another country where women’s rights are better protected and where both her and Arya would be safer. The way this whole thing has been handled is a disgrace. A man working at a school has molested a child and the school is not even legally required to inform the police so that they can do an investigation. Molestation /abuse is illegal yet the school is handling things “internally” and still letting keval work at the school, albeit demoting him. Keval needs to face police investigation, then jailed then put on a sex offenders register and be barred from ever working in a school or being in so many meters of a school or place where there’s a lot of children. He is a danger to children and perverted ppl like him never stop molesting kids if they’re not punished 

Anj_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: deefy89

It’s a pretty difficult the more this story goes on and doesn’t seem as simple as getting justice like I first thought. As much as I can totally get minis POV about equality and justice and would want to do the same myself it’s tricky when you’re fighting against an establishment. When even the police says they don’t have the power because these people are powerful, who can you turn you? As much as mini is right to be honest and wants justice, when even the police needs convincing to do something what hope is there that a man like keval can be brought to justice? It seems like if you have connections with rich and powerful people, you are above the law and even the police are afraid of these people. It really was like a slap in the face when the molester came out side their house and called her a lowly policeman’s daughter (as tho poor people aren’t entitled to be protected from criminals/molesters). And even their own neighbours (except kammo) turned the other cheek even though it’s about such a serious topic, yet other times they’re only too willing to get in peoples business. It’s also a case of mini being unable to do much if nehas parents aren’t willing to speak up, considering she was the actual victim not Arya. If i had to choose the first thing I’d do is remove Arya from that school (even choose to homeschool her if schools are really this irresponsible with the safety of children). as much as mini can advise nehas parents to speak up, I honestly think they’re too weak to stand up for their child. Mini has lived abroad before, if I was her I would honestly go find a job abroad in another country where women’s rights are better protected and where both her and Arya would be safer. The way this whole thing has been handled is a disgrace. A man working at a school has molested a child and the school is not even legally required to inform the police so that they can do an investigation. Molestation /abuse is illegal yet the school is handling things “internally” and still letting keval work at the school, albeit demoting him. Keval needs to face police investigation, then jailed then put on a sex offenders register and be barred from ever working in a school or being in so many meters of a school or place where there’s a lot of children. He is a danger to children and perverted ppl like him never stop molesting kids if they’re not punished 

Yes its so disheartening to see that school management is trying to save their reputation at the expense of  little children. By doing so they are not only supporting people like kewal but also setting wrong examples with the children. Because of such things only people like neha's parents are afraid of coming out in open.

But unfortunately this is the sad reality of society everywhere in the world. May be the rules and laws are strict in abroad but women are not safe there also. They also always judge women in any such matter. So moving away is not a solution.

It is everybody's fault. Society, system, law, old school customs, women who are against other women.....everybody. It will takes ages to reach at a point where we as a society become so responsible that our women and children feel free and confident enough to come out in open about any such incident without the fear of being judged.

Del00 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjali0111

Yes its so disheartening to see that school management is trying to save their reputation at the expense of  little children. By doing so they are not only supporting people like kewal but also setting wrong examples with the children. Because of such things only people like neha's parents are afraid of coming out in open.

But unfortunately this is the sad reality of society everywhere in the world. May be the rules and laws are strict in abroad but women are not safe there also. They also always judge women in any such matter. So moving away is not a solution.

It is everybody's fault. Society, system, law, old school customs, women who are against other women.....everybody. It will takes ages to reach at a point where we as a society become so responsible that our women and children feel free and confident enough to come out in open about any such incident without the fear of being judged.

I couldn’t agree more. All this is caused by the patriarchal society that we’ve had. Luckily it’s much better than it ever was but Still nowhere near where it needs to be. The reason I said move away is because I know that some countries (ironically the countries with less of a community spirit about them) tend to value women’s rights a bit more than other countries which are more religious/conservative. Example where I live, if a child is raped there isn’t a reputation to worry about or the parents being judged, and organisations like schools don’t have the power to put their reputations first because parents arent to easily quiet. It used to be the way you said back up until the 90s but since the 2000s and especially with social media people have found their voice a bit more. There are so many cases every day of historical abuse that’s coming out also and it’s sad to see how ppl have lived with abuse for so long while being quiet (and many victims end up alcoholics, drugs addicts, or go on to be abusers themselves), and the men who abused them went on to abuse other kids. People have since realised that if they’re quiet they’re partly to blame when it happens to others. 

There are some places in the world where it’s not as difficult to be a woman. 

I also agree that everyone is at fault here, and it will all start to get better when ppl are taught to judge less. It all boils down to judgement imo, and hopefully young people know there’s more harm than good in constantly judging people and teach their children not to be judgemental like older people are. Reputation should not come from peoples lives and if children are still being taught that reputation is more important than anything, then parents are still failing children and ppl like keval will always get away with what they do 

Edited by deefy89 - 4 years ago