Rekha's shocking revelation about the 'unplanned kiss' by Kamal Haasan

Deviant_Pixel thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Eeks😳🤢

Punnagai Mannan: Rekha's shocking revelation about the 'unplanned kiss' by Kamal Haasan in the film is making a lot of news. K Balachander was the filmmaker.

Unplanned kisses do happen in films. Yes, this has been reaffirmed by veteran actor Rekha who starred with Kamal Haasan in Punnagai Mannan. In an interview to The News Minute, Rekha has spoken about how the famous kiss between Kamal Haasan and her happened without her being informed about it. Famous Tamil director late K Balachander had directed the 1986 film, where Rekha and Kamal Haasan played lovers who could not marry due to parental pressure. Finally, they decide to commit suicide by jumping off a waterfall. The scene is a legendary one but this revelation has sent shock waves across fans and the general public.

Rekha told The News Minute, "I’ve said this a hundred times. They shot the scene without me knowing about it. People ask me the same question and I’m fed up of answering it." She, however, stated that kiss helped the film in totality to bring out the needed emotions. She said, "The kiss didn’t look ugly or aggressive on screen. There was a need for it, but I was a very young girl and I didn’t know about it. He (director K Balachander) said, ‘Kamal, close your eyes! You remember what I told you, right?’ and Kamal said that he did. Then we had to jump when he said 1, 2, 3... we kissed and then jumped. It was only when I watched it in theatres that I realised it had such a huge impact."

The actress was only 16 when she did the film after completing her Class 10. She also recollected being told that the Censors would not approve of the kiss. She said, "They continued after that shot also, we had a location shift. Suresh Krissna and Vasanth were associate directors and I told them I wasn’t informed about the kiss and that I wouldn’t have agreed to it. But they told me to think of it as a big king kissing a small child. They told me it wouldn’t be passed by the Censor. I asked them what the Censor was!"

https://www.bollywoodlife.com/south-gossip/punnagai-mannan-rekhas-shocking-revelation-about-the-unplanned-kiss-by-kamal-haasan-is-going-viral-1576993/

Edited by Deviant_Pixel - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GumGum thumbnail

Yeh kaunsi Rekha hai jo 1986 mein 16 year old thi?

GumGum thumbnail

Btw, it seems the last scene from Ek Duje Ke Liye. Did the Hindi version with Rati have a kiss before they jumped?

Happened with many a list actresses

Few chose to speak up (Jaya pradha about that creep dilip tahil during a film shot) and many must have kept quite.

--------

Edited by taniya.91 - 4 years ago
SASSZS thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

KH being a tharki is a well known thing. He has kissed many of his heroines. The most recent one being in Thoonga Vanam, where he lip locked Madhu Shalini who was 25 years old that time.🤢

sreefan thumbnail

South ki Rekha. 

KH is well known tharki with huge ego. he wanted to hold or hug Kartika for a cover shoot during nayakan. she moved away saying she doesnt like men touching her. he got revenge during the slapping scene in the movie when his slap led to her bleeding from her ear. in 2-3 years she was a top actor in malayalam movies but after this incident she decided to finish her pending projects and leave the industry. 

Stark_Wolf thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sreefan

South ki Rekha. 

KH is well known tharki with huge ego. he wanted to hold or hug Kartika for a cover shoot during nayakan. she moved away saying she doesnt like men touching her. he got revenge during the slapping scene in the movie when his slap led to her bleeding from her ear. in 2-3 years she was a top actor in malayalam movies but after this incident she decided to finish her pending projects and leave the industry. 

Kartika? Actress who was opposite mohanlal in thalavattam? 

sreefan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Stark_Wolf

Kartika? Actress who was opposite mohanlal in thalavattam? 

yes. she was KH's daughter in nayakan. 

Stark_Wolf thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sreefan

yes. she was KH's daughter in nayakan. 

That's sad, she was very good n had many movies with lalettan... That creep gets away n she has to stop acting.. 

flipfl0p thumbnail

I am sure, they have published without even interviewing her. She was 15 at 1986? She would never have said that. 

Her experience they quote must be of some film in 1969. They attached some other movie name, which she must have done when she was a top star. 

Lazy piece of writing.