Previous work and popularity indeed helps

Doremon_Selfie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I heard a lot of people say that daily soaps viewers and Bigg Boss viewers are different. I understand that someone, who watches Bigg Boss won't watch daily soap; however, many daily soap lovers watch Bigg Boss.

Your previous work and Popularity does matter in the show. We can't ignore the fact that Sidharth was popular and being a TV celeb, had a good fan following even before the show.

Asim had to scratch from the start and win hearts in order to gain a significant fan following.

TV celebs have high chances of winning Bigg Boss as they reach the households every single weekday.

Ex winners like Prince, Manveer didn't have popular TV celebs opposite them in the finale. Hence, they could win easily.

Even Shilpa Shinde and Dipika Kakar were very popular and hence they won the show. Your previous popularity does help you in the show.

Edited by Doremon_Selfie - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JustRandomGirl thumbnail

Agreed. Those who are from TV already have an advantage, since audience has seen them before on screen! And some ppl even thinks they r still the same character like they were in their shows! 

Like I have a friend who supports Sid just because he was the male lead in a show she used to watch, and I think his character was quite a gentleman and sensible one there.  Even my aunt n cousin supported sid for the same reason.

But at the same time I saw many ppl who were like oh Sid so diff from his character in his show, I loved his character in that show but here he is just a....

And interestingly I also found some like I didnt like him in his show, but he is actually a superhero to them in this show. Now that's something really diff.

For me I never liked him from day one as I already did read controversies about him so that maybe that's the reason why I never could really connect to him.

He did give reasons to like him, but whenever I start liking him he will just some something nasty that just puts me off from liking him. 

Most of the Bigg Boss winners were actually Tv actors and not just from colors but from other channels like star plus too. 

I think this is one factor which made a huge difference and which is why Sid won and not Asim as Asim literally started with an almost no fanbase wheras Sid already had an established fanbase.

Usually if I dont like an celeb from start I will never like him/her most of the time, even last season I never liked Dipika but always liked Sristy from their TV shows and my POV didnt change even after they entered BB. 

From this season Vishal was the only TV celeb on whom my POV changed, and besides that Rohan from season 10. Never liked Vishal before the show infact disliked him more than Sid, but my POV on him totally changed after he was in BB. He is actually a good-hearted person and a gentleman.

Edited by MaiBhiAsimKiGF - 4 years ago
EtherealRati thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Yes i agree....joh aapne kamaya hain.....woh aapke kaam aayega hi.....his fans from his daily soaps/reality shows were obviously a big bunch which helped him to win. His already being loved has helped him throughout the show. His 10 year career in the industry did play a vital role in making him have the trophy.....but he has made new fans through this journey ......he was popular before but jitna ab popular hain....i guess utna kabhi nahi tha. 

Doremon_Selfie thumbnail

Just a gentle reminder to everyone- this post is not about Sidharth. This post was about every TV actor and those fans, who don't think previous popularity doesn't help contestants. I have just used Sidharth, Dipika and Shilpa as a reference as they were the latest winners in the past three seasons. 

Doremon_Selfie thumbnail

Originally posted by: EtherealRati

Yes i agree....joh aapne kamaya hain.....woh aapke kaam aayega hi.....his fans from his daily soaps/reality shows were obviously a big bunch which helped him to win. His already being loved has helped him throughout the show. His 10 year career in the industry did play a vital role in making him have the trophy.....but he has made new fans through this journey ......he was popular before but jitna ab popular hain....i guess utna kabhi nahi tha. 

Ofcourse, he has gained more fans after the show and we can't even deny it.

Your previous popularity before entering the shows helps you in huge extent and this is the thing we can't deny as well. 

Rose2116 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Doremon_Selfie

I heard a lot of people say that daily soaps viewers and Bigg Boss viewers are different. I understand that someone, who watches Bigg Boss won't watch daily soap; however, many daily soap lovers watch Bigg Boss.

Your previous work and Popularity does matter in the show. We can't ignore the fact that Sidharth was popular and being a TV celeb, had a good fan following even before the show.

Asim had to scratch from the start and win hearts in order to gain a significant fan following.

TV celebs have high chances of winning Bigg Boss as they reach the households every single weekday.

Ex winners like Prince, Manveer didn't have popular TV celebs opposite them in the finale. Hence, they could win easily.

Even Shilpa Shinde and Dipika Kakar were very popular and hence they won the show. Your previous popularity does help you in the show.

The only daily soap winner I like is shweta tiwari.she and sara were the only tv people that season. I guess that is y it's one of the most unpredictable and exciting seasons.

Edited by Rose2116 - 4 years ago
Doremon_Selfie thumbnail

Originally posted by: MaiBhiAsimKiGF

Agreed. Those who are from TV already have an advantage, since audience has seen them before on screen! And some ppl even thinks they r still the same character like they were in their shows! 

Like I have a friend who supports Sid just because he was the male lead in a show she used to watch, and I think his character was quite a gentleman and sensible one there.  Even my aunt n cousin supported sid for the same reason.

But at the same time I saw many ppl who were like oh Sid so diff from his character in his show, I loved his character in that show but here he is just a....

And interestingly I also found some like I didnt like him in his show, but he is actually a superhero to them in this show. Now that's something really diff.

For me I never liked him from day one as I already did read controversies about him so that maybe that's the reason why I never could really connect to him.

He did give reasons to like him, but whenever I start liking him he will just some something nasty that just puts me off from liking him. 

Most of the Bigg Boss winners were actually Tv actors and not just from colors but from other channels like star plus too. 

I think this is one factor which made a huge difference and which is why Sid won and not Asim as Asim literally started with an almost no fanbase wheras Sid already had an established fanbase.

Usually if I dont like an celeb from start I will never like him/her most of the time, even last season I never liked Dipika but always liked Sristy from their TV shows and my POV didnt change even after they entered BB. 

From this season Vishal was the only TV celeb on whom my POV changed, and besides that Rohan from season 10. Never liked Vishal before the show infact disliked him more than Sid, but my POV on him totally changed after he was in BB. He is actually a good-hearted person and a gentleman.

Yes I agree with you. I have also seen some of the TV daily soap viewers worship his character Shiv and supporting him in Bigg Boss. At the same time, I have seen people dissing him because of his behaviour and mind you, they were his hardcore fans. 

If Rohan was a Colors channel ka star, he would have definitely reached the finale. The channel does favour their stars in all their reality shows and I don't even blame Colors for it.

I will make a post on Srishty Rode later on. I have something to say about her and this season's ladies. 

To cut short the point, Sidharth, Shilpa and Dipika's previous popularity before the show did help them.

Doremon_Selfie thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rose2116

The only daily soap winner I like is shweta tiwari

I liked them all 😂😂😂😂

Doremon_Selfie thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rose2116

The only daily soap winner I like is shweta tiwari.she and sara were the only tv people that season. I guess that is y it's one of the most unpredictable and exciting seasons.

We had Sameer Soni too. 

Rose2116 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Doremon_Selfie

We had Sameer Soni too. 

He was more of a film guy