Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~*sindhu*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: zoinks

Arjun lost his chance when he was doing well and called his father his liability. Still Boner has been financing his last and upcoming movies through Zee Studios. 

It's Jaanu who is gonna play the heroine. 

Liability ðŸ˜† I kinda agree with that but he also called his father the most selfless human being, that should make his father happy ðŸ˜† If these people have an iota of brain left they won't take Arjun, but then who knows. Jahnvi might be a better option but to be honest I don't want either of them. Jahnvi is nothing even close to Sridevi. Nostalgia ke chakkar mein they will ruin the movie completely.

GumGum thumbnail

Originally posted by: Melissaa

Someone please upload ss of Sonam's replies to the comments under this post... One commenter wrote since her father was just the actor and Shekhar the director they have no claim over right to the film, Sonam replied to this saying since her father was not paid any fees and produced the film in partnership he is one of the producer... We got it all wrong, Anil must have wanted share of profit and also Sonam to do Seema's part but Boney will surely want Jaanu to take over her mother's iconic role.  As Zoinks said most likely Anil legally left his father's production house leaving all the rights to Boney only but now Anil is cribbing because he wants a share of profit because this rebooted franchise will be a sureshot money spinner. 

Anil would have sued Zee and Boner if he owned anything related to the movie. I think he left Surinder Films in the early/mid 2000s fearing bankruptcy and he might have to pay off the loans from his own properties (Aamir Khan disowned his dad when his dad had been making c-grade will never release in theater movies). Because at one point of time it was Boner alone who had been bearing all loan related stuff. 

Social media nautanki aur crying for RESPECT iss liye kyun ki he can't do anything legally. 

Edited by zoinks - 4 years ago
Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Sonam seems to speaking on her father's behalf who probably wanted to be part of or be involved in Mr India reboot. But it's a very immature way of dealing with it, better would have been to speak to Tau Boney or Zee studios. 

Just a thought, how much relevance or interesting would Mr India be in today's times?🤔

Anil had himself said Mr.India needs new faces to appeal to new generation when they were planning to remake the film earlier. Looks like this is some other issue.

On a different afternoon in 2005, I had recklessly approached Anil Kapoor with the idea of a sequel to Mr India, one of the best Hindi films ever made. I was young and silly and came to the table brimming with ideas, and Mr Kapoor patiently heard me out, appreciated my passion for the characters and their world, and, after we'd gone over several potential storylines, asked who I thought we should cast in the film. This question made no sense to me. What he meant, he explained, was a younger leading pair to appeal to the next generation, someone to carry the legacy forward. 

From Raja Sen's obituary on Sridevi- What will we do in a world without Sridevi

GumGum thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jaitreya23

Just a thought, how much relevance or interesting would Mr India be in today's times?🤔

80s kids, 90s kids, 2000s kids grew up watching Mr. India... it still gets aired on A-list channels. So if well made, the movie will make money/

GumGum thumbnail

Originally posted by: Khai_R_Haagi

Anil had himself said Mr.India needs new faces to appeal to new generation when they were planning to remake the film earlier. Looks like this is some other issue.

On a different afternoon in 2005, I had recklessly approached Anil Kapoor with the idea of a sequel to Mr India, one of the best Hindi films ever made. I was young and silly and came to the table brimming with ideas, and Mr Kapoor patiently heard me out, appreciated my passion for the characters and their world, and, after we'd gone over several potential storylines, asked who I thought we should cast in the film. This question made no sense to me. What he meant, he explained, was a younger leading pair to appeal to the next generation, someone to carry the legacy forward. 

From Raja Sen's obituary on Sridevi- What will we do in a world without Sridevi

He was hinting Harsh should do this. The word legacy pe dhyaan do.

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Jaitreya23

People have a lot of nostalgia for it. Everyone would go check it out even if it turns out bad. You know they would remix Kaante Nahi Katte or Hawa Hawaii too. If they manage to make it half-decent, it would turn out to be a blockbuster no matter who it stars.

I think they're all fighting because all the kids - Sonam, Harsh, Jahnvi, Arjun - are at the right age and want roles. But only one would be able to do it obviously. Anil probably thinks it would be a perfect relaunch for Harsh although the Mr. India role wasn't that great. The iconic characters were Mogambo and Sridevi's role. Boney isn't going to let that Sridevi role go to anyone another than Jaanu. If Jannu does that role, no other family members can be in the movie.

Edited by rkisnothot - 4 years ago

I don't think there's any doubt abt who is playing Seema. Dhadak, Gunjan, Bombay Girl all produced by Zee. All tamil films produced by Boney is co-produced by Zee. Even Maidan is by Zee. 

Originally posted by: zoinks

He was hinting Harsh should do this. The word legacy pe dhyaan do.

But Harsh would've been too small for the role in 2005 na?

GumGum thumbnail

Originally posted by: Khai_R_Haagi

But Harsh would've been too small for the role in 2005 na?

Toh 2005 mein hi kya ban rahi thi? Kehne ka matlab tha... mere teenage bete ko bada hone do phir banayenge.