Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cookies.. thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Why is this family issue being dished out in public? Boney is clearly involved and nobody is an idiot to announce a film without LEGAL permission. So instead of posting it on IG, why can't she directly go discuss it in private with her Boney uncle.

Also,  if they have the LEGAL rights to make the film, bhaad mein jaaye actors. No need for useless formalities. Waise bhi, Anils role in Mr.India was nothing special. It was more of a Sridevi film. Plus, why would anyone make the extra effort of taking "permission" from the actors who don't have anything to offer them. Bollywood is a business. Nothing should be beyond legalities and paperwork. It's a work place

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Maraka_Musso89

What I find amusing though is people rationalising their outrage by stating that Sonam or Harsh wanted to be part of the movie. Had it been so, I'm pretty sure it could have happened years ago.

How? Boney holds the rights, not Anil. So how could it have happened years ago with Sonam or Harsh? 

I'm sure Anil feels connected emotionally to the film and it's really mean of Boney not to inform him. But ultimately, films belong to the producer, not the actor. 

I don't think Amitabh was pleased about Don being remade. He was really salty at that time. You know he would have been happy if Abhishek was doing it. But Farhan still made it how it wanted to. It's just business. Films get remade all the time and the actors don't get a say in it no matter how much they think they own the film. Even recently, Vijay Deverekonda was upset that Shahid was doing a Hindi remake of his movie but so what? His opinion doesn't matter.

I think Sonam and Co. want to make a lot of noise so that they are brought into the new franchise in some way. 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

What is he talking about?  Does someone other than Boney have the creative rights?  Or is Shekhar unaware that Boney is part of this reboot? 

https://twitter.com/shekharkapur/status/1229637131162791936?s=21

hotchoco thumbnail

Javed Akhtar responds to Shekhar Kapoor:

Speaking exclusively to this writer Javed asks, “Today Shekhar Kapur is offended because no one has consulted him about this new project. Why should they? They may or may not be morally bound to inform the people involved with the original film. But they are not legally bound to do so. And where was his sense of creative outrage when he had disregarded the bound script of Mr India that we had given to producer Boney Kapoor and Shekhar? Shekhar chose to do his own thing back then. Today when other people are doing the same he is upset.”

In an interview with me some years ago Shekhar Kapur had said, “It was an idea brought to me by Boney Kapoor based on a script that Salim-Javed had written. I never read that script. I am a hundred percent sure that what we made finally was very different from what Salim-Javed had written originally. I never saw that original Salim-Javed script which I believe had been conceived for Mr. Amitabh Bachchan. As for what you saw on screen in Mr. India, the scenes were written as we were filming. There was a constant improvisation on the sets. Do you know, Mogambo was written after we started shooting…. We knew there was going to be a goofy villain who’d have to go beyond Daga and Teja. But we didn’t know who or what it would be. Javed Akhtar was struggling to create a new kind of villain. Mogambo was born as we were filming, just like ideas like Sridevi going into the villain’s den dressed as Charlie Chaplin.”

https://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/bollywood/javed-akhtar-lashes-shekhar-kapur-upset-mr-india-2/

Melissaa thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: zoinks

Anil would have sued Zee and Boner if he owned anything related to the movie. I think he left Surinder Films in the early/mid 2000s fearing bankruptcy and he might have to pay off the loans from his own properties (Aamir Khan disowned his dad when his dad had been making c-grade will never release in theater movies). Because at one point of time it was Boner alone who had been bearing all loan related stuff. 

Social media nautanki aur crying for RESPECT iss liye kyun ki he can't do anything legally. 

True. If Anil has any stand to fight this matter legally, he would have served a legal notice to Zee and AAZ by now... Sonam and family would have the guts to go after Boney along with AAZ and Zee if so... The way they are going about this makes it seems like they want to pressure AAZ and Zee to give in Anil and family's demand since Boney is in no mood to give in to their demands.

https://twitter.com/sonamakapoor/status/1231068033726238721?s=20

Boney has been  publicly talking about rebooting Mr.India since last year. Hard to believe he did not tell his brother atleast in passing  that he has an idea to reboot and is looking for a studio to finance the project. Even if Boney had not personally informed Anil before Anil surely would have heard about Boney shopping for a financer for Mr. India reboot  via industry grapevine. Boney publicly was talking about wanting a reboot in interviews so he must have started the groundwork last year itself.... Me thinks Boney did inform Anil but Anil has demands of his own like wanting a cameo for himself, demanding either Sonam or Harsh gets a part and he wants a share of profit or co-produce the movie along with Boney which Boney did not agree. This surely is a family matter more than anything.

Edited by Melissaa - 4 years ago
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Faltu ka drama. Ghar ka bhedi lanka dhai aur gaali AAZ khaye?😆

Wasnt Boney aware of this? Why didnt he tell his brother then? Why isnt she slamming her chacha? Family member ne nahi bataya, saari expectations unknown logo se hai. He is being tagged in all announcements and has still not said he is not aware.

Pehli baar suna hai ki actor ko batana compulsory hota hai film ka sequel/remake banane se pehle.🤪 They could have done it out of courtesy but Sonam is acting as if pata nahi kya kar diya. Apne chacha se pucho Sonam, shouldnt he be the one informing you?

Edited by togepe30 - 4 years ago
Daebak thumbnail

Originally posted by: S_H_Y

Harsh ko fit karo

Sonam ko fit karo

Jhanvi ko fit karo 

Fir arjun ko bhi 

Full family think it would be franchise toh wanna cash it in.

And anil would want to play 15-20 min role passing the torch scenes

Aur Rhea produce kar legi film🤣

Anil would also have given 50 interviews saying how his greatness has inspired a sequel.😆 Hez so full of himself.

Daebak thumbnail

Originally posted by: rkisnothot

Javed Akhtar responds to Shekhar Kapoor:

Speaking exclusively to this writer Javed asks, “Today Shekhar Kapur is offended because no one has consulted him about this new project. Why should they? They may or may not be morally bound to inform the people involved with the original film. But they are not legally bound to do so. And where was his sense of creative outrage when he had disregarded the bound script of Mr India that we had given to producer Boney Kapoor and Shekhar? Shekhar chose to do his own thing back then. Today when other people are doing the same he is upset.”

In an interview with me some years ago Shekhar Kapur had said, “It was an idea brought to me by Boney Kapoor based on a script that Salim-Javed had written. I never read that script. I am a hundred percent sure that what we made finally was very different from what Salim-Javed had written originally. I never saw that original Salim-Javed script which I believe had been conceived for Mr. Amitabh Bachchan. As for what you saw on screen in Mr. India, the scenes were written as we were filming. There was a constant improvisation on the sets. Do you know, Mogambo was written after we started shooting…. We knew there was going to be a goofy villain who’d have to go beyond Daga and Teja. But we didn’t know who or what it would be. Javed Akhtar was struggling to create a new kind of villain. Mogambo was born as we were filming, just like ideas like Sridevi going into the villain’s den dressed as Charlie Chaplin.”

https://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/bollywood/javed-akhtar-lashes-shekhar-kapur-upset-mr-india-2/

🤣 Jaadu rocks!

Shekhar shocks!

Janta mocks🤣

hotchoco thumbnail

Originally posted by: Melissaa

Me thinks Boney did inform Anil but Anil has demands of his own like wanting a cameo for himself, demanding either Sonam or Harsh gets a part and he wants a share of profit or co-produce the movie along with Boney which Boney did not agree. 

With the way the whole family has jumped in, including Sunita, he might have wanted a full reverse of roles with him playing Mogambo in the franchise. A cameo wouldn't be enough. Boney would be happy to throw in just a cameo if that alone would have kept Anil happy.

I think they want a big role for at least one of them - Anil, Harsh or Sonam - depending on how the casting works out. That and profit sharing or producing. 

Bringing it to the public might increase the pressure on Boney, in their thinking. But unfortunately for them, the general public is not actually that attached to either Anil the actor or his role in the movie. The nostalgia factor is much higher for Sridevi and she was always much bigger and more beloved. The audience is not going to care whether Anil is involved or not.

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: rkisnothot

How? Boney holds the rights, not Anil. So how could it have happened years ago with Sonam or Harsh? 

I'm sure Anil feels connected emotionally to the film and it's really mean of Boney not to inform him. But ultimately, films belong to the producer, not the actor. 

I don't think Amitabh was pleased about Don being remade. He was really salty at that time. You know he would have been happy if Abhishek was doing it. But Farhan still made it how it wanted to. It's just business. Films get remade all the time and the actors don't get a say in it no matter how much they think they own the film. Even recently, Vijay Deverekonda was upset that Shahid was doing a Hindi remake of his movie but so what? His opinion doesn't matter.

I think Sonam and Co. want to make a lot of noise so that they are brought into the new franchise in some way. 

Bottom line, though displeased, these persons were still inform. That's the bare minimum especially when it's part of one's legacy. It's not even about legal stuff but about being respectful. 

I said it could have happened with Sonam or Harsh even without Anil having the rights years ago because then he could have bought it himself or convince his brother who knows. 

It's simply to point out that such news never leaked so it's ludicrous to imply that the family is salty because the kids wanted to be part of the movie. 

And I think that Anil himself would have been more keen in having Arjun in it than Harsh as Arjun seems to love this kind of movies.