Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: SheThought

Am so sure Mishti is going to present Kuhu's idea to the family as her own about KuKu getting married first! Just wish she at least tells Abir the truth... she must! Abir needs to come out of Kuhu's spell asap! 

Both brothers under Kuhuness and Mishti keeping Mum

Meenu will have a field day, without Whiskey or Rum

😆

Arre Kya karoon! Zyada expect toh kar liya hai... ab peeche kaise hatoon?! So hard to backtrack smiley36smiley36

Haha Meenu ke liye toh ab roz Diwali hai despite getting two headstrong bahus 😆....she thought she would only be able to control docile girls as bahus, but luckily for her, usko headstrong girls ko bhi manipulate karna aa gaya hai. Waah Meenu ji 👏😳😆

Abir won’t come out of any Kuhuness spell, man. In fact I’m willing to bet the writers will make him their voice in presenting the reasons for Kuhu’s deep insecurities.....he will likely diagnose the root cause of her deep hatred and jealousy of Mishti and will be the voice for the writers to generate sympathy for Kuhu 😆.....Just like he made excuses for Kunal being manipulated by Meenu, he will give Kuhu a free pass thinking she is being manipulated by Meenu to do whatever she is doing 😆

AreYaar thumbnail

So.... can she be considered empowered yet? 😆😆

LOL for us toh she has been an empowered character in many ways from day one 😆.....but those who want to dismiss her as mahaan meddling FL will continue to do so 🤷‍♀️....cuz wahaan empowered ki definition Meenu and Kuhu hain jo apne “Haq” ke liye lad rahe hain by hating Mishti  😆

AreYaar thumbnail

Abir's love really empowers Mishti! And she is one hell of a lover... loves Abir so fiercely! ❤️

She really doesn't care for anything else other than being with Abir... mandap or no mandap! 

It was so precious to see her so happy and smiling despite Kuhu making attempts to ruin it! Her inner joke ❤️

Word. This is what connected me to their relationship. Mishti is not one of those girls who needs a man as a crutch to help her walk and navigate this world. Abir connected with her because he became the wind beneath her wings. He uplifted her and help her discover her own ability to fly. That is true empowerment and that is the meaning that Abir added to her life. 

Mishti has always been a fiercely loving person....she loves her family fiercely too but with Abir, that emotion has taken on an even more intense quality. She loves him with a special kind of fierceness. This was really obvious even in the NishMish track even if people were frustrated with her 😆.....the very fact that she was so lifeless without Abir showed the depth of her emotion for him. 

I really felt for her yesterday again in the scene when she was talking about how it’s a daily struggle for her to fight for the man she loves....if she wasn’t fierce, that struggle would have defeated her a long time back. Abir needed a girl who could love him with a special kind of tenacity 😆

These “inner jokes” are really cute and I hope AM can continue with these even if drama is coming up ahead 😆

Edited by AreYaar - 4 years ago
Mimzy thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

LOL I don’t hate Kuhu, yaar 😆....I hate injustice, bullying and the downplaying of abuse.....so when the writers show Kuhu doing these things, I get irritated and frustrated 😆.....Hate may be too extreme an emotion to waste on Kuhu. Lol 

Yes, the writers never really managed to sketch Kuhu’s character with the right amount of nuance to evoke a connection. Some of her insecurities would have generated a more sympathetic connection if she hadn’t been so outright abusive to Mishti for so long. That’s when she lost me and any possibility of sympathy. 

As for understanding her....lol I dunno if I do, but I can understand some of what the the writers THINK they are showing with Kuhu even if their execution is half baked 😆. They want to show her essentially as a “pure child like soul” who only craves undivided love and attention in life. This is why sometimes they try to show her blurting out some demands like a kid or pouting like a kid 😆....even when Shaurya was taking their pics, she was busy pouting and preening and making faces like a kid 😆.....she enjoys being a baby and I guess some people find that cute 🤷‍♀️....I don’t 😆

I only have a limited patience for grown women trying to act like babies and Kuhu crossed that threshold a while back 😆. Constantly whining for attention is not cute in my books even if the writers think that it is. Lol anyways I think the writers enjoy the outrage and discussion that Kuhu’s OTT childishness generates so they keep playing it up from time to time 

I wouldn’t even waste a breath talking about her if not for the fact that she is being forced onto us in the story with these half baked angles for “drama”.

Sisters ka “maha milan” toh ho hi jaayega future mein with some help from resident sufi psychologist Abir baba 😆....it’s all so predictable. Since I don’t feel any sympathy or connect for Kuhu, I will just roll my eyes when it happens even if writers will try to spin it as some mahaan sentimental scene with sudden outpouring of “Lowe” between the sisters. Lol inka writing standard toh dikh hi chuka hai yahaan. 

As for your last question....oh it’s obvious....Kuhu can’t live without Mishti no matter what she claims 😆....even after her first wedding, every other day toh she was in mah house only for some reason or the other 😆....bas faltu ka drama karti hai. Like I said, she needs Mishti around to compare and validate her existence. Khud mein khush rehna nahin aata. Kunal is also sadly going to realize he alone won’t be enough for Kuhu despite her tall tales of “my fairytale wedding and husband” 😆

Kuhu will magically realize Mishti’s importance in her life either if Mishti goes away or if Abir gives some mahaan lecture to Kuhu 😆....this is how relationships are “repaired” in this show 😆....then they will all sing and dance on the title song again and maybe Kuhu will sajaao a special mandap for Mishti to get married again to Abir 🤣....lo ho gaye “rishte pyar ke”. Lol 

@Bold - This show has been downplaying bullying and abuse from the start yaar. In the beginning I used to get so damn pissed off.....but somewhere along the way I made peace with it ....because why should I waste my energy on a fictional show. Infact Kuhu is not the only one guilty of doing that. Infact from leads to the servants everyone has played their role as abusers to serve a particular track. 

Infact it started with Meenu and Kuhu. Meenu's homebreaker chant, then Kuhu's outsider thing/worthless, charity case chants. Kunal taking over as the new abuser calling Mishti liar like her father😆homebreaker, trying to trap his bhai. Mishti haldi track where she abuses Kuhu by calling her illegitimate....and fake drama. Jasmeet's constant muhboli and badboli chants and snidely commenting Mishti as unwanted in the family. LOL....finally the one that broke my heart even if it was fake....Abir calling Mishti homebreaker, paraayi, liar and what not. 😆

And the funny thing is nobody ever apologized for the words they spoke. Instead everyone was focused on their physical actions. Even Abir was focused on the breakup than the words he uttered to get that breakup. They just downplayed how words could affect a person's psyche more than actions will ever do.

@Bold 2 - I agree👍🏼Kuhu's character sketch would have been amazing if the writers hadn't crossed that line between abuse and sibling rivalry. Instead they made Kuhu take up the role of abuser and Mishti as the one been abused. The balance got lost between 2 amazing sisters and their unconventional bonding to one of an abusive bond.

😆😆I always wanted Mishku bonding from the beginning.....they had chemistry more than parallel bro bond. But Kuhu's constant chanting put me off from it. But then after navrathri I had hopes that Kuhu will improve. They had reached an understanding and their scenes during mishbir breakup actually had me in tears. But then everything went for a toss after nishmish shaadi track.

@Bold 3 - 😆😆

I seriously think Mishti and Kuhu needs space from each other to understand their feelings and how to live without meddling in each other's matters. But that is not going to happen here.......show needs them together for jhetrani devrani drama. Maybe the love between RV bros will bridge the gap😆

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mimzy

@Bold - This show has been downplaying bullying and abuse from the start yaar. In the beginning I used to get so damn pissed off.....but somewhere along the way I made peace with it ....because why should I waste my energy on a fictional show. Infact Kuhu is not the only one guilty of doing that. Infact from leads to the servants everyone has played their role as abusers to serve a particular track. 

Infact it started with Meenu and Kuhu. Meenu's homebreaker chant, then Kuhu's outsider thing/worthless, charity case chants. Kunal taking over as the new abuser calling Mishti liar like her father😆homebreaker, trying to trap his bhai. Mishti haldi track where she abuses Kuhu by calling her illegitimate....and fake drama. Jasmeet's constant muhboli and badboli chants and snidely commenting Mishti as unwanted in the family. LOL....finally the one that broke my heart even if it was fake....Abir calling Mishti homebreaker, paraayi, liar and what not. 😆

And the funny thing is nobody ever apologized for the words they spoke. Instead everyone was focused on their physical actions. Even Abir was focused on the breakup than the words he uttered to get that breakup. They just downplayed how words could affect a person's psyche more than actions will ever do.

@Bold 2 - I agree👍🏼Kuhu's character sketch would have been amazing if the writers hadn't crossed that line between abuse and sibling rivalry. Instead they made Kuhu take up the role of abuser and Mishti as the one been abused. The balance got lost between 2 amazing sisters and their unconventional bonding to one of an abusive bond.

😆😆I always wanted Mishku bonding from the beginning.....they had chemistry more than parallel bro bond. But Kuhu's constant chanting put me off from it. But then after navrathri I had hopes that Kuhu will improve. They had reached an understanding and their scenes during mishbir breakup actually had me in tears. But then everything went for a toss after nishmish shaadi track.

@Bold 3 - 😆😆

I seriously think Mishti and Kuhu needs space from each other to understand their feelings and how to live without meddling in each other's matters. But that is not going to happen here.......show needs them together for jhetrani devrani drama. Maybe the love between RV bros will bridge the gap😆

LOL the sisters never had much of a bond from day one only, so I’m not sure what potential you saw that you thought only later got converted into abuse from Kuhu 😕😆

Even an “unconventional bond” needs a basis of care and affection to hold. That never came across in the writing for MK....Kuhu baking random cakes to “make up” with Mishti after saying horrible/hateful things to her like calling her an outsider didn’t work for me as some kind of “aww they secretly Lowe each other as sisters” angle 🙄🙄😂....it was always random and half baked so nothing to connect to. The abuse only made it far worse, that is all. 

As for other characters ka abusive behavior being brushed under the carpet....also very true. I was quite infuriated with Kunal’s abusive behavior for a very long time and this is why I won’t ever warm up to him because there is no realization or apology from his side for it to Mishti. He is a pretty static character in my eyes without much depth. Jasmeet is the typical abusive Maami/Chaachi in every show so usse kya expect karna. 

LOL are you seriously comparing Abir to the actual abusers in this show? 😆 I would  have to disagree with you on that. Even in a fake drama, what he did was nowhere near what all KuKu, Meenu and others have said and done that keeps getting whitewashed. Abir sincerely and deeply apologized for his mistakes and shortcomings unlike all the other abusive characters in this show....his regret and remorse was bone deep and sincerely shown. And he did realize that his words hurt Mishti but it was his action of leaving her that hurt her the most too so that is what his apology focused on. He has more than paid his penance and then some. His issues are more about his emotional weakness many times rather than abusive words or actions. 

It is a general problem on ITV now to normalize abusive and hateful behavior but this show has done a particularly poor job in writing the so called “grey” characters like Meenu and KuKu....jitna is show mein abusive behavior has been downplayed in the name of “family love”, I haven’t seen in other shows. lol atleast other shows are clear about characters crossing a line. This show continues to normalize abuse simply so that they can show everyone singing and dancing together all the time 🤷‍♀️😆

Only Abir and Mishti seem to pay a price for mistakes while others engage in non stop abuse and are still singing and dancing all the time. So how is it the same? 😆

*Edit: Forgot to mention one more thing.....since you are also giving the example of Mishti calling Kuhu illegitimate when Meenu blackmailed her....umm that is not abuse. Abuse in my eyes is for things done DELIBERATELY with CRUEL intent. Mishti did that under pressure and showed regret to Kuhu whenever she could. Same for Abir. He also said what he said under pressure and majboori.....and he showed regret for it.

Abusers are people who inflict abuse and show no remorse for it, infact revel in the pain of their victims. 

Mishti atleast felt Kuhu’s pain in being called illegitimate. Did Kuhu ever feel Mishti’s pain in being called an outsider and chor ki beti? No she didn’t. Hence the title of abuser. 

Edited by AreYaar - 4 years ago
Mimzy thumbnail
AreYaar thumbnail

Just saw the new spoiler vid with the decorated bus wala mandap 😆

I only have one question....how is it night time? lol shaadi toh looked like it was happening during the day in half an hour...so how did it suddenly become night time? 😕😆.....Bidaai waale bts clips looked like Bidaai was happening during the day. So shaadi will happen at night and they will wait till next morning to do Bidaai? 😕😆

Mimzy thumbnail

LOL the sisters never had much of a bond from day one only, so I’m not sure what potential you saw that you thought only later got converted into abuse from Kuhu 😕😆

Even an “unconventional bond” needs a basis of care and affection to hold. That never came across in the writing for MK....Kuhu baking random cakes to “make up” with Mishti after saying horrible/hateful things to her like calling her an outsider didn’t work for me as some kind of “aww they secretly Lowe each other as sisters” angle 🙄🙄😂....it was always random and half baked so nothing to connect to. The abuse only made it far worse, that is all. 

As for other characters ka abusive behavior being brushed under the carpet....also very true. I was quite infuriated with Kunal’s abusive behavior for a very long time and this is why I won’t ever warm up to him because there is no realization or apology from his side for it to Mishti. He is a pretty static character in my eyes without much depth. Jasmeet is the typical abusive Maami/Chaachi in every show so usse kya expect karna. 

LOL are you seriously comparing Abir to the actual abusers in this show? 😆 I would  have to disagree with you on that. Even in a fake drama, what he did was nowhere near what all KuKu, Meenu and others have said and done that keeps getting whitewashed. Abir sincerely and deeply apologized for his mistakes and shortcomings unlike all the other abusive characters in this show....his regret and remorse was bone deep and sincerely shown. And he did realize that his words hurt Mishti but it was his action of leaving her that hurt her the most too so that is what his apology focused on. He has more than paid his penance and then some. His issues are more about his emotional weakness many times rather than abusive words or actions. 

It is a general problem on ITV now to normalize abusive and hateful behavior but this show has done a particularly poor job in writing the so called “grey” characters like Meenu and KuKu....jitna is show mein abusive behavior has been downplayed in the name of “family love”, I haven’t seen in other shows. lol atleast other shows are clear about characters crossing a line. This show continues to normalize abuse simply so that they can show everyone singing and dancing together all the time 🤷‍♀️😆

Only Abir and Mishti seem to pay a price for mistakes while others engage in non stop abuse and are still singing and dancing all the time. So how is it the same? 😆

*Edit: Forgot to mention one more thing.....since you are also giving the example of Mishti calling Kuhu illegitimate when Meenu blackmailed her....umm that is not abuse. Abuse in my eyes is for things done DELIBERATELY with CRUEL intent. Mishti did that under pressure and showed regret to Kuhu whenever she could. Same for Abir. He also said what he said under pressure and majboori.....and he showed regret for it.

Abusers are people who inflict abuse and show no remorse for it, infact revel in the pain of their victims. 

Mishti atleast felt Kuhu’s pain in being called illegitimate. Did Kuhu ever feel Mishti’s pain in being called an outsider and chor ki beti? No she didn’t. Hence the title of abuser. 

They have chemistry....not as in I saw anything endearing in their abusive relationship😆Kuhu's dialogues put me off from that. 😆But post breakup scenes were good esp them eating the brownie together and crying.....😆

I am not comparing Abir and Mishti to the actual abusers in the show. But even if it was fake their words were also potentially damaging. How would it feel if your deepest insecurities are thrown at your face by the person you love the most?? Or even anyone....

I am aware they got blamed and made up for it by their actions. But it would have been good if the writers actually had the sense to make Abir acknowledge that his words were also equally damaging as his actions. A simple sentence would have been enough. Mishti though said to Kuhu she didn't mean it......and for Kuhu I sympathize a lot less because she had said worse to Mishti and she was under no illusion that Mishti loves her. So she wasn't heartbroken over it😆

Exactly these grey characters were hard to accept because of their abusive behaviours. And along with that everything is whitewashed because of their  toxic family love 

I get what you are saying.....mishbir's intent was never to hurt anyone, and they were also in pain along with the ones they inflicted pain. But such scenes still leave a bad taste even if its fake ........I am not even able to understand the need for such pointless drama. And I really wished they were spared. 

Mimzy thumbnail

Just saw the new spoiler vid with the decorated bus wala mandap 😆

I only have one question....how is it night time? lol shaadi toh looked like it was happening during the day in half an hour...so how did it suddenly become night time? 😕😆.....Bidaai waale bts clips looked like Bidaai was happening during the day. So shaadi will happen at night and they will wait till next morning to do Bidaai? 😕😆

The decoration is amazingI never thought bus top will have enough space for a mandap😆

Maybe they might have reached Mah house in the evening....just before sunset😆

Ohhh.....bidaai clips showed night time right??

It was night only.....😆I think

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mimzy

They have chemistry....not as in I saw anything endearing in their abusive relationship😆Kuhu's dialogues put me off from that. 😆But post breakup scenes were good esp them eating the brownie together and crying.....😆

I am not comparing Abir and Mishti to the actual abusers in the show. But even if it was fake their words were also potentially damaging. How would it feel if your deepest insecurities are thrown at your face by the person you love the most?? Or even anyone....

I am aware they got blamed and made up for it by their actions. But it would have been good if the writers actually had the sense to make Abir acknowledge that his words were also equally damaging as his actions. A simple sentence would have been enough. Mishti though said to Kuhu she didn't mean it......and for Kuhu I sympathize a lot less because she had said worse to Mishti and she was under no illusion that Mishti loves her. So she wasn't heartbroken over it😆

Exactly these grey characters were hard to accept because of their abusive behaviours. And along with that everything is whitewashed because of their  toxic family love 

I get what you are saying.....mishbir's intent was never to hurt anyone, and they were also in pain along with the ones they inflicted pain. But such scenes still leave a bad taste even if its fake ........I am not even able to understand the need for such pointless drama. And I really wished they were spared. 

It would hurt ofcourse....but if a person showed genuine regret and apologized sincerely, I would forgive them. And that is why Mishti forgave Abir too. 

I don’t think you seem to realize that even showing the level of genuine remorse and regret Abir showed for his actions was a big deal from the writers....most shows don’t even manage that much after the ML tortures the FL in all kinds of ways. Most stories show cliched apologies and “redemptions” which are just done to check off a box and move the story. But in Abir’s case, the way they handled his remorse was genuinely different and moving. Atleast to me. 

So my expectations weren’t as high as yours on that front I guess 🤷‍♀️😆

There are way worse things in this show leaving a bad taste in my mouth😆....Abir’s words don’t make that cut. 

Re: sister chemistry....lol that is the chemistry between Rhea and Kaveri as actors....but on paper, Kuhu and Mishti just aren’t written well enough to connect IMO. 

FYI I never saw their post break up scenes Waise 😆....I wasn’t watching the show in between. But I doubt that will change my opinion...since I’ve seen enough of Kuhu’s back and forth flips to know she will always flip no matter what “sympathy” she shows to Mishti sometimes 😆