angel81 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I loved bade papa today. He told off jasmeet and varsha off so well today. Anyone would be lucky to have a father like that. Love him

Edited by angel81 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

He is like that from yrkkh days..he has been the best father till date ..always standing up for what's right..for his daughter..

aquaHP thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: _charu_

He is like that from yrkkh days..he has been the best father till date ..always standing up for what's right..for his daughter..

I like how you said "...for his daughter" because as sad as it may be, dude doesn't care about anyone else.😒

SheThought thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Varsha and Shaurya always put Kuhu's happiness above anyone and everyone even if it means sacrificing others' happiness in the process.

When Kuhu knowingly and deliberately let mishti-abir’s secret out to family Varsha even begged Mishti to back off from the relationship and leave Abir so that Kuhu can remain happy in her sasural. 

Kuhu's parents looking out for their daughter is acceptable since they are her parents.

But BP-BM looking out for Mishti, whom they have adopted as their own daughter, and find her no different than Akshara, is not okay.... ummmm Why?

Edited by SheThought - 4 years ago
aquaHP thumbnail

Originally posted by: SheThought

Varsha and Shaurya always put Kuhu's happiness above anyone and everyone even if it means sacrificing others' happiness in the process.

When Kuhu knowingly and deliberately let mishti-abir’s secret out to family Varsha even begged Mishti to back off from the relationship and leave Abir so that Kuhu can remain happy in her sasural. 

Kuhu's parents looking out for their daughter is acceptable since they are her parents.

But BP-BM looking out for Mishti, whom they have adopted as their own daughter, and find her no different than Akshara, is not okay.... ummmm Why?

It's okay to look out for your daughter but your role in the family is not just as her parents but as Kuhu's dada & dadi and as BP keeps repeating: "Parivaar ka Mukhiya". They need to look out for both of them rather than just one kid. 

Don't get me wrong. I loved the scene where he shuts down Jasmeet. That woman needs to stop behaving like a typical ITV vamp but the makers have created her character to do just that so kya hi karein🤷🏻‍♀️. But what he said about doing ehsaan on Nannu and Kuhu is complete BS. Would you not support and take care of your grandson when he goes off track? And in case of Kuhu, it was more of an ehsaan on Shaurya than Kuhu. Kuhu is your blood relative. How can taking her in be considered as ehsaan? What kind of a Mukhiya or even family are you? Frankly, even in Mishti's case, it was more of an ehsaan on Devyani.

Regarding the Kuhu-Varsha thing, there is another thread I made where @Samanalyse explained it much better than I ever can.

SheThought thumbnail

Originally posted by: aquaHP

It's okay to look out for your daughter but your role in the family is not just as her parents but as Kuhu's dada & dadi and as BP keeps repeating: "Parivaar ka Mukhiya". They need to look out for both of them rather than just one kid. 

Don't get me wrong. I loved the scene where he shuts down Jasmeet. That woman needs to stop behaving like a typical ITV vamp but the makers have created her character to do just that so kya hi karein🤷🏻‍♀️. But what he said about doing ehsaan on Nannu and Kuhu is complete BS. Would you not support and take care of your grandson when he goes off track? And in case of Kuhu, it was more of an ehsaan on Shaurya than Kuhu. Kuhu is your blood relative. How can taking her in be considered as ehsaan? What kind of a Mukhiya or even family are you? Frankly, even in Mishti's case, it was more of an ehsaan on Devyani.

Regarding the Kuhu-Varsha thing, there is another thread I made where @Samanalyse explained it much better than I ever can.

What he meant by that statement is that to him, Mishti is as much a child of the house as Kuhu and Nannu. If what the family does for Mishti is considered Ehsaan than whatever they do for Kuhu and Nannu can also be called the same! All three have the same rights is what he meant.

And just because he said that, he cares only for Mishti and not Kuhu?!

BP and BM have lost their daughter and they have found that in Mishti. To them, she is their daughter. 

It's okay for others to constantly remind Mishti that she is an outsider, but it's not okay for him to stand up for her?! If he speaks up for Mishti's right and equality in the house, it's grave injustice to Kuhu and he does not care for his granddaughter?!

aquaHP thumbnail

What he meant by that statement is that to him, Mishti is as much a child of the house as Kuhu and Nannu. If what the family does for Mishti is considered Ehsaan than whatever they do for Kuhu and Nannu can also be called the same! All three have the same rights is what he meant.

And just because he said that, he cares only for Mishti and not Kuhu?!

BP and BM have lost their daughter and they have found that in Mishti. To them, she is their daughter. 

It's okay for others to constantly remind Mishti that she is an outsider, but it's not okay for him to stand up for her?! If he speaks up for Mishti's right and equality in the house, it's grave injustice to Kuhu and he does not care for his granddaughter?!

Oh yes!!! We technically said the same thing but you said it in a much positive and a much better way and actually how the scene was intended. Thank you for that🤗 (Sorry if I came off a bit rude pehle. Just gotten a bit worked up over BP. Discussed too much of his bad Mukhiya traits in other threads ki ye achhai thodi dimaag se nikal gayi)

I never said it's not okay or it's a grave injustice for them to stand up for Mishti. Not even close. That scene was totally on point! But as @sam said in her post, hierarchy does play a major role in Kuhu and Mishti not being treated as equals. And the point I was trying to make in the post was that they behave more like Mishti's parents which is absolutely fine but you can't forget that you have a granddaughter of the same age too and you do need to treat them equally. Oh, this would just lead to writing my rant all over again but it's a bit long so here's the link: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/152768434 

SheThought thumbnail

Oh yes!!! We technically said the same thing but you said it in a much positive and a much better way and actually how the scene was intended. Thank you for that🤗 (Sorry if I came off a bit rude pehle. Just gotten a bit worked up over BP. Discussed too much of his bad Mukhiya traits in other threads ki ye achhai thodi dimaag se nikal gayi)

I never said it's not okay or it's a grave injustice for them to stand up for Mishti. Not even close. That scene was totally on point! But as @sam said in her post, hierarchy does play a major role in Kuhu and Mishti not being treated as equals. And the point I was trying to make in the post was that they behave more like Mishti's parents which is absolutely fine but you can't forget that you have a granddaughter of the same age too and you do need to treat them equally. Oh, this would just lead to writing my rant all over again but it's a bit long so here's the link: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/152768434 

No no Aqua, I did not find your post rude at all. No worries dear 🤗

I personally do not find BP-BM favoring Mishti more at the cost of Kuhu. They are Mishti's parents and first right to a child's well-being is that of the parents. Kuhu already has her parents who look after her, who are there for her, so they try not to overstep the grandparents boundary and let the parents have their right first. 

I am a parent too and initially, I struggled for a few years with my in-laws' interference in my first child related matters. It's okay for them to advice me when I asked (or sometimes on their own too), but it should not be forced upon me and I should be allowed to choose the things I find right for my child. It took us some years, but we ultimately found a balance between parents and grandparents roles in my first and subsequently my 2nd child's life.

So in that regard, BP getting involved in Mishti's matters more as a parent and leaving the decision making up to Shaurya & Varsha for Kuhu as a grandparent is absolutely okay! He wants Kuhu's parents to exercise their rights first and then advice when asked. How can this be not okay or a question of him not acting as the head of the family?

In some instances, BP-BM may have inadvertently hurt Kuhu while looking out for Mishti, but in most others, it's Kuhu's own insecurity and inherent nature that makes her think that they are favoring Mishti more than her. As i said in the other post, it's not like Mishti is always the center of attention, but Kuhu is unhappy because SHE(Kuhu) is not ALWAYS the center of attention! There is a difference!

Edited by SheThought - 4 years ago
aquaHP thumbnail

No no Aqua, I did not find your post rude at all. No worries dear 🤗

I personally do not find BP-BM favoring Mishti more at the cost of Kuhu. They are Mishti's parents and first right to a child's well-being is that of the parents. Kuhu already has her parents who look after her, who are there for her, so they try not to overstep the grandparents boundary and let the parents have their right first. 

I am a parent too and initially, I struggled for a few years with my in-laws' interference in my first child related matters. It's okay for them to advice me when I asked (or sometimes on their own too), but it should not be forced upon me and I should be allowed to choose the things I find right for my child. It took us some years, but we ultimately found a balance between parents and grandparents roles in my first and subsequently my 2nd child's life.

So in that regard, BP getting involved in Mishti's matters more as a parent and leaving the decision making up to Shaurya & Varsha for Kuhu as a grandparent is absolutely okay! He wants Kuhu's parents to exercise their rights first and then advice when asked. How can this be not okay or a question of him not acting as the head of the family?

In some instances, BP-BM may have inadvertently hurt Kuhu while looking out for Mishti, but in most others, it's Kuhu's own insecurity and inherent nature that makes her think that they are favoring Mishti more than her. As i said in the other post, it's not like Mishti is always the center of attention, but Kuhu is unhappy because SHE(Kuhu) is not ALWAYS the center of attention! There is a difference!

I'm glad that you found that balance♥️

In case of Mishti and Kuhu, I think what happens is even though Mishti gets the attention of BP and BM, she used to get the attention from Varsha as well in the beginning. Before Kuhu gets tricked by Kunal, we see Varsha hesitant to support Kuhu over Mishti because she treats them equally. She used to consider them both as daughters. It maybe because she felt as though she had replaced Akshara or whatever other reason. That's where I think the insecurity comes in. One is getting attention from both the parents and the aunt (When Kuhu gets drunk and is standing on the hotel's ledge, she calls Mishti Varsha's daughter in anger). We see all of that change after Kuhu's haldi fiasco.

The first time I saw Kuhu get noticed by BM properly was during MishBir GD when BM asks Kuhu's help to hide Mishti's disappearance. You can see how wholeheartedly she helps her Dadi because it's pehli baar BM uspe haq jataati hai. She is finally made to be felt important in her dadi's life.

All I am trying to say is I can see where both girls are coming from. Be it Mishti or Kuhu. We are shown Mishti's POV very clearly but Kuhu's behaviour needs to be understood through the behaviours that might seem random. Even in Kunal's case. I genuinely think the writers are not given enough credit for giving both Kunal and Kuhu the layers that they have. It's not like Mishti and Abir's character don't have layers but their POV's are mostly exploited based on the ongoing track so their characters can't be explored much. Because Kuhu and Kunal are supporting characters for the main leads, you have much more area to play around there. I feel that's where the writers satisfy their creative juices. Personally, the layering makes KuKu more appealing for me. I came to the show for MishKu, fell in love with KuBir's bro bond but eventually stayed for the subtle and gradual insecurity filled angsty romance between KuKu.

Edited by aquaHP - 4 years ago
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

I like how you said "...for his daughter" because as sad as it may be, dude doesn't care about anyone else.😒

Actually what ur saying is what is kuhu s problem isnt it ? She wants all for herself , she is unable to share her family , her grandparents with mishti. Bec what happens there is, there t comparisons and this feeling of inferiority complex sets in..in very simple situations we compare ourselves to the other person and find us less , n others also do it inadvertently . But that's kuhu s problem . 

If we look at the elders , from bp and bm pov, they love their children equally , they love kuhu and mishti equally but if they are put in a situation where thy have to choose one amongst them , what can thy possibly do? They side with mishti more bec jas taunts her , mishti is made to feel like an outsider , and as a part of the Ehsan which they did to her , by adopting her , she must sacrifice for kuhu. This is so so wrong . I got to hear his pov yesterday n I could relate to his delimma .mishti always adjusts while kuhu doesnt stop throwing tantrums . No matter how much they try , they r not able to do justice to both . One daughter has to compromise more n if it was a normal situation it was ok but here mishti is expected to do everything bec of the eshan n they dont want this topic to come up or mishti to feel that way . 

I was mainly talking abt vish in yrkkh days ,he has been exceptional in the way he dealt with his family and alshara s in laws..like..created a balance nicely..he treated varsha like akshara..always loved her like his daughter ..so in a family like this, they have certain rights over their children..to decide for them. 

I didnt like him fixing mishti and nishant s alliance ..he.is not always doing the right thing but it's always in the best interest of his family ..n writers truly deserve appreciation for penning down such a character..