Do you think nowadays even mediocre performances are applauded?

Poll

Do you think nowadays even mediocre performances are applauded?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
arnavfluffy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

This year I felt there was no real effort on the acting side , atleast for the mainstream cinema..

alia winning was low point.. but even okay okay performances are getting awarded

itna gir gaya hai bollywood ??

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Toh isme naya kya hai? At least we have competent actors now...ek waqt tha jab saare sirf hamming se kaam chalate the...As for awards, who cares- they are just a weekend sport for the actors and TV program for the viewers...

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

The worst part is, there WERE better performances.

Shahid in Kabir Singh, Rajkumar Rao in Judgemental Hai Kya, Kangana in JHK, Vidya in Mission Mangal and Rani in Mardaani 2 were all outstanding. To see mediocrity being rewarded over them was tragic.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Even before films Like Dil toh paagel hai won alot of awards. Sickening ðŸ¤£

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

nowadays? It has has been the case since ages.

Originally posted by: mintyblue

The worst part is, there WERE better performances.

Shahid in Kabir Singh, Rajkumar Rao in Judgemental Hai Kya, Kangana in JHK, Vidya in Mission Mangal and Rani in Mardaani 2 were all outstanding. To see mediocrity being rewarded over them was tragic.

Why didn't u named priyanka ?

She was simply outstanding and ahead of all the actresses u mentioned in her stellar performance in tsip. 

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

i do not watch film awards show to know who won only for stage performnces

Those who have influence or big production backing will win usually. SRK won so many awards because he was backed by Karan Johar and Aditay hopra in 90s and till 2010s

In 1990s SRK got awards for very mediocre acting in movies like DTPH and KKHH while good acting was ignored, same for movies

Imagine Saif ali khan got national award once when there were better movies and performers

Now at least ayushman and rajkumar rao and nawazuddin and boman irani get recognition and awards

In 1990s these ppl would never get any recognition or awards 

This year rani mukherjee or kangana should have won best actress

shahid kapoor or rajkumar rao should have got best actor 

they must remove this best critic award, a best actor is best actor. What do you mean by saying best actor commercial, best actor critical, best actor comedy etc. It removes the meaning of best actor. 

Edited by myviewprem - 4 years ago
SASSZS thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I like Alia but I honestly think Rani deserved the award for Mardani 2. I just recently watched the film and was in complete awe of her acting in the film. Granted the villain had stolen the show, Rani was very very good too. I saw her as Shivani and not Rani. She was believable too. Atleast to me was the best female performance of last year in BW. Slightly edging out PC and VB(who gave equally good performances too) But who gets the recognition in the end? The only one from the list who had a PR. I don’t even want to get into argument about best actor. Shahid was previously robbed of awards too and that has to continue as he isn’t chummy with the JP! Anyways this isn’t new and it has happened before. It’s a joke of award if you see mediocre actress like Kajol having 5 wins over so many talented actresses. And I agree with a member who said they should remove the critics choice. If they had removed it long back, I feel only deserving actors would have won this far. Speaking of the villain of Mardani, another disappointment that Vishal Jethwa wasn’t given anything. But then again I’m not surprised cos Tahir too didn’t win anything for Mardani. Sadly.

Edited by MrsRanveerSingh - 4 years ago
vsbarry thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Yes, this has always been the case though

BW never goes by merit, it runs through a culture of give and take..and is has a rooted culture of nepotism and favoritism (more than any other industry I feel so) due to strong family lineages, and power of directors/producers who have the need for ego inflation and commanding/infleuncing success over others just because they can.

Also there is a fear of change...which is bad!

I dont think it will ever prosper if it remains like this personally

very very difficult to take it seriously

Edited by vsbarry - 4 years ago
Kamala05 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

The dearth of good scriptwriters to write fresh scripts rather than remaking the old movies or remaking the south or Marathi movies. Hardly 10 good songs in a year, mediocre movies and mediocre actors, nowadays Bollywood is boring. There was the presence of Big B all these years along with SRK, Salman, Aamir, Sridevi,Madhuri, Manisha, Karishma, Kajol, Anil Kapoor, Govinda in 90's , Aishwarya,Priyanka, Katrina, Deepika, Kangana,Konkona Sen Sharma, Ranbir,Ranveer, Shahid along with the Khans, Akshay and Ajay Devgon in last decade. But look at the actors debuted after 2015 , most of them are mediocre in acting, looks, and aura. Mainstream Bollywood was never about acting, it was all about the looks, average acting and fresh concepts, colorful sets, songs, but it lost the novelty as Telugu and Tamil industry is way ahead of them. 

Edited by Kamala05 - 4 years ago