Writers and CVs ki Jai Ho!!🙆🏻‍♀️

aquaHP thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

JSK people of the forum!! 

Disclaimer: This is as much a rant as it is an appreciation post. Maybe a little more.

This post is just my way of appreciating the writers, creatives, makers and whoever is involved in creating and delivering the storyline to us viewers because to be able to maintain a tight storyline in this day and age with all the Twitter, Instagram and other sources of people expressing their opinions must be a handful. 

Over the last few weeks leading up to this wedding track, there has been a whole lot of buzz and debates going on over how the story should have panned out or how the characters must behave and how angry everyone is. There are multiple fanpages that I have seen threatening the production house with lines like "Tum fans ki power jaante nahi ho. Iss show ki TRP humaare haath me hai" and what not. Hell, I saw 3-4 posts/stories like that today in the first hour of me waking up and that's the reason for this post because it made me realise that no other audience in the world (probably because I didn't really fact check this) would have the power to suggest changes, let alone threaten to tank, a creative piece of art, because essentially that's what it is.

As someone who is passionate about expression and storytelling, I can tell you that I would hate it if someone was to come and tell me that I was supposed to write the characters I created, in the universe I created, according to them. You wouldn't go telling an author, a designer, a filmmaker to express according to your wishes then why can't we all try and enjoy the storyline here as it was intended to be made. If you don't like it, don't see it. Stop trying to make changes in someone else's work of expression. 

They already have people doing that like the production house and the channel. Their work goes through enough interpretation (directors, actors, etc) as it is by the time it reaches us. Don't get me wrong. I am not trying to say that you should not express if you liked or disliked something, just stop spewing out negativity. Every character will have some good and some bad as everyone in life does. Either can be in varying intensities because people aren't always black and white. They are grey, light grey, dark grey, blue, red, yellow, whatever other shade of colour you can think of.

There are more sides to looking at a story than just yours but the ones that matter are the ones that will give the makers their profit and your mood doesn't factor in. So, can we stop hating on characters and storylines just because it didn't turn out according to what we wanted and just discuss it peacefully?

Peace out✌🏼

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

journalgirl321 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aquaHP

JSK people of the forum!! 

Disclaimer: This is as much a rant as it is an appreciation post. Maybe a little more.

This post is just my way of appreciating the writers, creatives, makers and whoever is involved in creating and delivering the storyline to us viewers because to be able to maintain a tight storyline in this day and age with all the Twitter, Instagram and other sources of people expressing their opinions must be a handful. 

Over the last few weeks leading up to this wedding track, there has been a whole lot of buzz and debates going on over how the story should have panned out or how the characters must behave and how angry everyone is. There are multiple fanpages that I have seen threatening the production house with lines like "Tum fans ki power jaante nahi ho. Iss show ki TRP humaare haath me hai" and what not. Hell, I saw 3-4 posts/stories like that today in the first hour of me waking up and that's the reason for this post because it made me realise that no other audience in the world (probably because I didn't really fact check this) would have the power to suggest changes, let alone threaten to tank, a creative piece of art, because essentially that's what it is.

As someone who is passionate about expression and storytelling, I can tell you that I would hate it if someone was to come and tell me that I was supposed to write the characters I created, in the universe I created, according to them. You wouldn't go telling an author, a designer, a filmmaker to express according to your wishes then why can't we all try and enjoy the storyline here as it was intended to be made. If you don't like it, don't see it. Stop trying to make changes in someone else's work of expression. 

They already have people doing that like the production house and the channel. Their work goes through enough interpretation (directors, actors, etc) as it is by the time it reaches us. Don't get me wrong. I am not trying to say that you should not express if you liked or disliked something, just stop spewing out negativity. Every character will have some good and some bad as everyone in life does. Either can be in varying intensities because people aren't always black and white. They are grey, light grey, dark grey, blue, red, yellow, whatever other shade of colour you can think of.

There are more sides to looking at a story than just yours but the ones that matter are the ones that will give the makers their profit and your mood doesn't factor in. So, can we stop hating on characters and storylines just because it didn't turn out according to what we wanted and just discuss it peacefully?

Peace out✌🏼

Rightly said! And I think people are seriously forgetting that at the end of the day, it's just a story. Instead of hating on characters, appreciate the storytelling. Appreciate the complexities of the relationships between the characters that have been built up over months by beautiful writing. I used to love coming to this forum for different character analyses, but lately there's been a lot of irrational hate toward completely fictional characters. If a character stirs frustration in you, or if you have strong emotions about what a character is going through, that shows that the actors and the makers are doing it right. They're building a story that is so relatable that you start to personally connect with the characters on screen, as if they're a part of your own family. Instead of spreading negativity about how you don't like a certain track or character, take that same time to appreciate the hard work of the actors and creatives that have allowed you to grow so close to the characters and their families!

Dreamygal301 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

To the TM, I totally understand what you are saying. Writers should totally stick to their vision of the story they are creating. However this gets tricky with indian tv show. Often compromises are made and story veers from the initial promise.

So should writers not deliver on the story premise promisd and implied with the initial promo? I think this is what many are protesting.

aquaHP thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dreamygal301

To the TM, I totally understand what you are saying. Writers should totally stick to their vision of the story they are creating. However this gets tricky with indian tv show. Often compromises are made and story veers from the initial promise.

So should writers not deliver on the story premise promisd and implied with the initial promo? I think this is what many are protesting.

I totally get where the protest is coming from and you should definitely convey to the makers that you're not happy with the storyline but there is a way to do it. We're all on some level attached to the show and that is why we are on this forum discussing the show. I am just trying to convey that it can be done positively and peacefully rather than spreading hatred.

Regarding the compromise part, the story of this show veered from the initial promise a long time ago. The show came with a concept of showing discussing marital courtship and they have moved far far away from it. The second promise came with the title of the show which was to show the complexities between relationships in a family which at this point in the story, I can't see any "pyaar" left in any of the "Rishtey". 

The only thing that they will be fulfilling here is the MishBir marriage and that too with all the separation drama that has gone on, it seems like KZK. So, technically the promise will never get fulfilled because they have moved far away from the initial promo.

Edited by aquaHP - 4 years ago
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: journalgirl321

Rightly said! And I think people are seriously forgetting that at the end of the day, it's just a story. Instead of hating on characters, appreciate the storytelling. Appreciate the complexities of the relationships between the characters that have been built up over months by beautiful writing. I used to love coming to this forum for different character analyses, but lately there's been a lot of irrational hate toward completely fictional characters. If a character stirs frustration in you, or if you have strong emotions about what a character is going through, that shows that the actors and the makers are doing it right. They're building a story that is so relatable that you start to personally connect with the characters on screen, as if they're a part of your own family. Instead of spreading negativity about how you don't like a certain track or character, take that same time to appreciate the hard work of the actors and creatives that have allowed you to grow so close to the characters and their families!

Bingo πŸ€— Thx for spelling it out so clearly..that's exactly what I discovered in the forum . I recently started watchin it again n I kinda like all the characters and their interactions ..pretty balanced at this point of time..so if mishti is the good, kuhu is the one who is responsible for creating ripples in the good , the anti heroine ..n I liked her for tr simple reason that she is gray , she is not vampish like meenu nor is she a good person like mishti . She is deeply flawed . I like such characters n its tougher to write them and balance them.  She is meant to be hated , create strong emotions and she does manage to do it ...now is there a place where the serial can be discussed peacefully , without biases or over dose of hatred for a particular character? πŸ˜³

Edit. Sorry I forgot to mention. They are dwelling upon the complexities of relationships now and I am hopeful they do it well..its so much better than watching an obsessed mother plotting in the name of good intentions..

Edited by _charu_ - 4 years ago
aquaHP thumbnail

Originally posted by: _charu_

Bingo πŸ€— Thx for spelling it out so clearly..that's exactly what I discovered in the forum . I recently started watchin it again n I kinda like all the characters and their interactions ..pretty balanced at this point of time..so if mishti is the good, kuhu is the one who is responsible for creating ripples in the good , the anti heroine ..n I liked her for tr simple reason that she is gray , she is not vampish like meenu nor is she a good person like mishti . She is deeply flawed . I like such characters n its tougher to write them and balance them.  She is meant to be hated , create strong emotions and she does manage to do it ...now is there a place where the serial can be discussed peacefully , without biases or over dose of hatred for a particular character? πŸ˜³

Edit. Sorry I forgot to mention. They are dwelling upon the complexities of relationships now and I am hopeful they do it well..its so much better than watching an obsessed mother plotting in the name of good intentions..

If you find that place, let us know about it too. As of now, I would say the KuKu AT is a peaceful place but as the name suggests, we are not discussing that complete show all the time. But we could make this post that place.

Also, I love how hopeful you are, Charu. You remind me of myself before I watched today's episodeπŸ₯Ί

nami2811 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

@aqua.. sorry don't know your name but I kinda feel a bit differently here. Yes the makers and the story writers have the full control over the tracks and sequences BUT they should also adhere to the audience feedback. It is practically impossible to satisfy all the fans but taking into consideration some of the most logical things anyone would expect from the show and work on it to create a beautiful drama is not difficult. It is them who made us love the characters in the first place. They are the reason we are so attached to the characters that it hurts when something doesn't go as we planned. Hence the outburst. 

I agree things should tone down but the voice of audience is always needed! 

aquaHP thumbnail

Originally posted by: nami2811

@aqua.. sorry don't know your name but I kinda feel a bit differently here. Yes the makers and the story writers have the full control over the tracks and sequences BUT they should also adhere to the audience feedback. It is practically impossible to satisfy all the fans but taking into consideration some of the most logical things anyone would expect from the show and work on it to create a beautiful drama is not difficult. It is them who made us love the characters in the first place. They are the reason we are so attached to the characters that it hurts when something doesn't go as we planned. Hence the outburst. 

I agree things should tone down but the voice of audience is always needed! 

Oh, it's okay. You can call me Aqua. I like the anonymity IF provides. It gives me the freedom to express without the pressure of my identity. Just realised I was insecure about my identity but that's cool. It's good to learn new things about yourself. I'll go into over thinking mode later.

I am not saying that we shouldn't give feedback. ITV runs on feedback because to run a show non-stop without thinking about ending it until the channel shuts you down is not possible without audiences' participation.

I am just too tired with the negativity and the tonality of the feedback. We're all here to watch a story unfold and yes, we're attached but can we not express our opinions without ruining another persons' mood and their day? Maybe the person who is going through the messages had a shitty day and just wanted to discuss their favourite show in peace to forget about that shitty day but instead gets hit with all the negative comments. So, I just hope we can all be a bit kind with our feedback and reviews.

Dreamygal301 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Just coming to this after days away.

Hmm, in my mind the promise of the story premise has not even been answered - and no, it has nothing to do with the initial promo, that is just a visual medium to show the trope, the opposing characters and their initial conflict. 

The story premise is - can a supposedly homewrecker build relationships/ or be worthy of love? In my mind part of the second theme has been partially fulfilled by Abir showing he can and will love Mishti for her own worth but the question has not been fully answered...the rest is still up for grabs. My experience of indian tv has shown that they go the  long haul in producing conflict after conflict but do not even recall story premise/promise and themes. They forget audiences are intelligent and need more than kitchen politics. Such shame because stories are so much richer and nuanced due to the layers.

For instance, one  way of showing some of the theme would be to resume that plot of Parul and her sister resuming their relationship again amidst trying to build a mother-son relationship with Kunal - Misbir will honour the 'rishtas hain pyar' by working to rebuild this and also answer the theme as well. But is this even going to happen? no, it seems likely we will be in for lots more kitchen politics with a secondary character that did have shades of grey now going totally black and would not even think twice about killing.

I am not sure how effective it will be by people expressing their dissatisfaction - but no hatred, not for someone's figment of imagination!🀣- otherwise the writers/producers and production house will get complacent with lazy story telling. Show them the audience demand sensible storytelling as we would when reading a book. If I picked a romance book to read only to find halfway through that book that it suddenly veered to murder or horror, I would be extremey annoyed. Depending on things, I may return it and demand a refund or just throw it at the nearest wall and promise never to buy a book from that author again. Well the same could be applied here. DKP is known for something, promises were made and then wham bham we are seeing something else...maybe not what many imagined it to be. Remaining silent is never the answer.

Edited by Dreamygal301 - 4 years ago
aquaHP thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dreamygal301

Just coming to this after days away.

Hmm, in my mind the promise of the story premise has not even been answered - and no, it has nothing to do with the initial promo, that is just a visual medium to show the trope, the opposing characters and their initial conflict. 

The story premise is - can a supposedly homewrecker build relationships/ or be worthy of love? In my mind part of the second theme has been partially fulfilled by Abir showing he can and will love Mishti for her own worth but the question has not been fully answered...the rest is still up for grabs. My experience of indian tv has shown that they go the  long haul in producing conflict after conflict but do not even recall story premise/promise and themes. They forget audiences are intelligent and need more than kitchen politics. Such shame because stories are so much richer and nuanced due to the layers.

For instance, one  way of showing some of the theme would be to resume that plot of Parul and her sister resuming their relationship again amidst trying to build a mother-son relationship with Kunal - Misbir will honour the 'rishtas hain pyar' by working to rebuild this and also answer the theme as well. But is this even going to happen? no, it seems likely we will be in for lots more kitchen politics with a secondary character that did have shades of grey now going totally black and would not even think twice about killing.

I am not sure how effective it will be by people expressing their dissatisfaction - but no hatred, not for someone's figment of imagination!🀣- otherwise the writers/producers and production house will get complacent with lazy story telling. Show them the audience demand sensible storytelling as we would when reading a book. If I picked a romance book to read only to find halfway through that book that it suddenly veered to murder or horror, I would be extremey annoyed. Depending on things, I may return it and demand a refund or just throw it at the nearest wall and promise never to buy a book from that author again. Well the same could be applied here. DKP is known for something, promises were made and then wham bham we are seeing something else...maybe not what many imagined it to be. Remaining silent is never the answer.

Hey dreamygal! You expressed everything so perfectly. So much better than I did. I don't have any other reply so I'll just bold the important things you said because it seems that most people here are more into making one couple seem more superior than the other rather than wanting to see a good story. 

I don't know about others but I would love to see you participate more in the forum so I can hear your thoughts on the storyline. I read all the general posts on the forum but I hang out more in the KuKu AT (It's kind of become my forum fam because the people genuinely want to discuss the characters and their role in the story.).

Edited by aquaHP - 4 years ago