TV Hindi

Kartik Purnima show needs to be banned

OriginalJuhi_04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 4 years ago

This show degrades dark skinned women so much. I will not go into heroine's stepmother and stepsister but the mother of the hero. The hero's mother rejects CM's daughter who studied abroad for her son because she was dusky-skinned woman. She is owner of Amritsar's largest fairness cream brand and wants a fair-skinned woman for her son who would have not a single flaw on her skin. Still this woman is invited as judge for Miss Amritsar Beauty contest. Heroine's stepsister wins the show and now she wants her as her bahu. In one of the promos before the show, she looks at some beauty contest winner and says her bahu will be like this and then is unhappy seeing her son and dark-skinned heroine together. Is this character unaware that the Miss Universe 2019 and Miss World 2019 are worn by dark-skinned women with Miss Universe actually being black with short hair. Now according to new law, people promoting fairness creams will be fined 50 lakhs rupees with 5 years jail. Hope this implies in the show too. This woman hates colour black and is constantly seen mouth nasty dialogues for dark-skinned women that also being highly educated and businesswoman. I watched 2 episodes on fast forward just to see how they handle the show. The show is handled so badly. Saath Phere and Afsar Bitiya too handled with dark-skinned women concept but they were not as bad as this. This show insults women who are of wheatish to black skin colour. I am of  wheatish skin colour bordering on dusky and it's hurts to see a show like this. Why we need a show like this in this decade when we had several of them in last and last to last decade. I wonder why Censor Board is letting this show even air? And why the heroine is not being raised as strong and no-nonsense by her loving mother and grandmother who would stand up to her stepmother and stepsister if they truly love her? Why is heroine tolerating her younger stepsister's insults always? Even Saloni from Saat Phere did not always tolerated her fair younger sister's insults. Not only is this show looks down dark-skinned women but also encourages to raise weak children who would not be able to stand up to any insult on them. Hope people boycott this show and it gets banned. 

Edited by angel_juhi04 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MochaQueen thumbnail

the concept of the show is make people understand that there is nothing wrong with being dark...be patient and let the story develop

Originally posted by: heavenlybliss

the concept of the show is make people understand that there is nothing wrong with being dark...be patient and let the story develop

I don't watch this show but going by the history of this channel it will only go worse. They can make people understand without insulting words in every 10 minutes. Also rasing a weak child is not a good thing. The heroine instead of for once shutting that stepsister's mouth and crying, she gives boring lectures about her skin colour and goes to mandir to pray for sister even giving her prasad when she is not even told to do so. There is nothing to be patient when we are shown only nonsense. Sadly, this is with every show for few years.

MochaQueen thumbnail

you cant judge a show based on 5 episodes...but yes sadly this channel doesnt have any good shows but im hoping this show will be a game changer the concept is good if they show the growth of Purnimas character in a proper way

BhetuPunha thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: angel_juhi04

This show degrades dark skinned women so much. I will not go into heroine's stepmother and stepsister but the mother of the hero. The hero's mother rejects CM's daughter who studied abroad for her son because she was dusky-skinned woman. She is owner of Amritsar's largest fairness cream brand and wants a fair-skinned woman for her son who would have not a single flaw on her skin. Still this woman is invited as judge for Miss Amritsar Beauty contest. Heroine's stepsister wins the show and now she wants her as her bahu. In one of the promos before the show, she looks at some beauty contest winner and says her bahu will be like this and then is unhappy seeing her son and dark-skinned heroine together. Is this character unaware that the Miss Universe 2019 and Miss World 2019 are worn by dark-skinned women with Miss Universe actually being black with short hair. Now according to new law, people promoting fairness creams will be fined 50 lakhs rupees with 5 years jail. Hope this implies in the show too. This woman hates colour black and is constantly seen mouth vastu dialogues for dark-skinned women that also being highly educated and businesswoman. I watched 2 episodes on fast forward just to see how they handle the show. The show is handled so badly. Saath Phere and Afsar Bitiya too handled with dark-skinned women concept but they were not as bad as this. This show insults women who are of wheatish to black skin colour. I am of  wheatish skin colour bordering on dusky and it's hurts to see a show like this. Why we need a show like this in this decade when we had several of them in last and last to last decade. I wonder why Censor Board is letting this show even air? And why the heroine is not being raised as strong and no-nonsense by her loving mother and grandmother who would stand up to her stepmother and stepsister if they truly love her? Why is heroine tolerating her younger stepsister's insults always? Even Saloni from Saat Phere did not always tolerated her fair younger sister's insults. Not only is this show looks down dark-skinned women but also encourages to raise weak children who would not be able to stand up to any insult on them. Hope people boycott this show and it gets banned. 

There is a similar show in Marathi called Rang Maza Vegala with almost the same story-line 😎 and it is well liked, atleast I like it👍🏼. 

It is obviously an attempt to comment on the wrong attitude people have towards dark colour⭐️. 

I am actually glad serials are being made on this topic of skin colour bias.

Hope it is not sponsored by fair and lovely 😆

Edited by BhetuPunha - 4 years ago

Originally posted by: BhetuPunha

There is a similar show in Marathi called Rang Maza Vegala with almost the same story-line 😎 and it is well liked, atleast I like it👍🏼. 

It is obviously an attempt to comment on the wrong attitude people have towards dark colour⭐️. 

I am actually glad serials are being made on this topic of skin colour bias.

Hope it is not sponsored by fair and lovely 😆

But hero's mom is owner of a fairness cream brand in Amritsar. This show is already made 5 times before in different languages. Then why the 6th time? Racism issues aside, the heroine tolerates insults abuses from her stepmom and stepsis. Why not her so-called loving dad and grandma taught her to be bold enough to shut them up or anyone else. I have seen darker girls than heroine from school till now and many of them are so bold and confident in their attitude that some people would not want to mess up with them. I am sure they too may have faced racism at some point of time but still they were never shown to be quiet and weak taking craps of others. Why not show this in the heroine? Why are our Indian shows hesitate to show a heroine with no nonsense attitude?

BhetuPunha thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: angel_juhi04

But hero's mom is owner of a fairness cream brand in Amritsar. This show is already made 5 times before in different languages. Then why the 6th time? Racism issues aside, the heroine tolerates insults abuses from her stepmom and stepsis. Why not her so-called loving dad and grandma taught her to be bold enough to shut them up or anyone else. I have more dark girls from school till now and many of them are so bold and confident in their attitude that some people would not want to mess up with them. I am sure they too may have faced racism at some point of time but still they were never shown to be quiet and weak taking craps of others. Why not show this in the heroine? Why are our Indian shows hesitate to show a heroine with no nonsense attitude?

I guess it is a gimmick to garner sympathy for the character😆.  

The more 'abla' the woman is more TRP's  the show gets 😎.

Also it is a kind of wind-up for the future change👍🏼; a dark-skinned girl, insulted for her skin colour going from a meek girl to a self-confident woman ⭐️. 

One more nonsense thing shown that after winning Miss Amritsar title, the stepsister only wants to marry instead of trying for modelling or acting or working in some other field. The hero's mother wants newly crowned Miss Amritsar as her bahu instead of giving her modelling assignments or making her ambassador of her fairness cream brand. And why there was no dusky contestant in the beauty pageant? Don't they know that last year's Miss Universe was won by a short haired black woman and Miss World won by a dusky woman? But in Indian shows they are showing only fair skinned women in beauty pageants when majority of Indian women have dusky skin colour. Both heroine and stepsister don't want to work but only eat from their father's money and then marry.