Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Koeli thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Leprechaun

If there's an option for publishing own stories there are chances to get this platform as a book publishing site, right? (To apply for ISBN,ASIN...etc) Vijay will be able to answer you this

Will authors get full access to delete/archive their own stories? Yes you will be able to hide your story.

Originally posted by: Leprechaun

If there's an option for publishing own stories there are chances to get this platform as a book publishing site, right? (To apply for ISBN,ASIN...etc)

Will authors get full access to delete/archive their own stories? 

Hi,

That’s a great question and we would like to move in that direction and provide assistance to authors in getting ISBN, ASIN registration for fictions which are originals. And also help in generating ePub/Pdf and Kindle version so that they can even publish on EBook stores. As it would be personally satisfying and proud moment for us to see one of the authors at IF writing a best seller some day. 

We already have the provision where the author can withdraw the fan fiction so that it will become inaccessible for other users and they can republish it again.

I hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Vijay

Leprechaun thumbnail

Originally posted by: vijay

Hi,

That’s a great question and we would like to move in that direction and provide assistance to authors in getting ISBN, ASIN registration for fictions which are originals. And also help in generating ePub/Pdf and Kindle version so that they can even publish on EBook stores. As it would be personally satisfying and proud moment for us to see one of the authors at IF writing a best seller some day. 

We already have the provision where the author can withdraw the fan fiction so that it will become inaccessible for other users and they can republish it again.

I hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Vijay

Yes, this answered both my questions. This is amazing... I'd be great if assistance is provided as few are unaware of the self-publishing tools. I'll be looking forward to come across a best-selling author from IF one day.

Leenaaa thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Will the new FF section will support animated book cover? I noticed sometimes writers requests animated ones

Originally posted by: Leenaaa

Will the new FF section will support animated book cover? I noticed sometimes writers requests animated ones

Animated covers are not supported on Mobile Apps so we would keep it static.

MochaQueen thumbnail

Creative Minds

you mean animations wont work on app? so no more gifs or animated sigs?

HerFiction thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Hi,

Regarding new section of fan fictions, I understand there will be tags added similar to other sites.

One suggestion, add a field to tag the show or series, based on which we write the fan fiction.

If we combine normal tags with that of shows, it is really difficult to identify stories of a particular show.

With filter to show or jodi kept seperately, it is easier.

and is there any plan to multiple threads?

2111_shweta thumbnail

Originally posted by: AlwaysHisGirl

Hi,

Regarding new section of fan fictions, I understand there will be tags added similar to other sites.

One suggestion, add a field to tag the show or series, based on which we write the fan fiction.

If we combine normal tags with that of shows, it is really difficult to identify stories of a particular show.

With filter to show or jodi kept seperately, it is easier.

and is there any plan to multiple threads?

The "Tags" and "Content Tags" is the feature you are talking about.

You can tag the show and actors in the "content tag" while the rest will go in "tags"

Waiting to hear on multiple thread myself.

Koeli thumbnail

Yes, they are working on how to combine multiple threads.

HerFiction thumbnail

Originally posted by: 2111_shweta

The "Tags" and "Content Tags" is the feature you are talking about.

You can tag the show and actors in the "content tag" while the rest will go in "tags"

Waiting to hear on multiple thread myself.

Can we filter content tags just for fan fictions?

Content tags have everything including forum posts, fan fictions. So, its again the same scenario.

Edited by AlwaysHisGirl - 4 years ago