‘I am an egotist’ - Annu Kapoor

memsaab thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

'I am an egotist'
After Hours Correspondent
Wednesday, January 10, 2007  20:23 IST

The emotional and often verbose host, Anu Kapoor, will soon be back in his familiar avatar in 'Antakshari—The Great Challenge' (Star One) next month.

Kapoor in the past has partnered five co-anchors in his hit show 'Antakshari' (Zee). "Being senior, I have always cooperated with my co-anchors and helped them to grow too. I am an egotist, but not for petty causes," he adds.

Kapoor is also now busy preparing for the launch of the film 'The Fakir of Venice', which will screen at the Venice Film Festival. Recalling the experience, he says, "It was freezing cold when we shot in Venice, and I was clad only in the rags of a fakir. But I refused to accept even a few drops of brandy to warm me up. I cannot perform under intoxication."

Some years ago,  Kapoor had also hosted a music show for Pakistan's Geo TV, a move that brought him considerable flak from critics who panned him for 'double standards', and for hosting a show in a country that stood against his patriotic values. "They didn't understand," smiles Kapoor wryly. "Any effort to bring peace between countries is worth trying. It may not be the ultimate solution, but music can definitely help peace."          ;           ;           ;           ;      

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Junglee_Sher thumbnail
Wasn't Annu Kapoor the host for many years in the super-hit show Close-up Antakshari on Zee TV which went off-air few years ago?
CarulinaTina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: abhi_123

Wasn't Annu Kapoor the host for many years in the super-hit show Close-up Antakshari on Zee TV which went off-air few years ago?

Yes, he was... but now we're stuck with these weirdos😕