Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sree_mk thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I think TRP will be 1.9

freakybat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Ever since star plus started  broadcasting their shows before tv , I thought they were off this trp race... but some where I feel they r not taking enough  efforts to save a show... 

In an era where smartphones are common things and I think almost 90% people watch shows on phones rather than tv...

The leftover people who watch this show at 9 pm would be aunties of 50 and 60 plus people... so a unique show is shown with kitchen  politics to satisfy  these people..

By airing a show 10 +hrs before its actual telecaste time... how can they put a show on trp race... to know the actual trp or the effect of an episode they should really  check the views on hotstar and othe sites like dailymotion  and tune pk..  

Sree_mk thumbnail

Originally posted by: freakybat

Ever since star plus started  broadcasting their shows before tv , I thought they were off this trp race... but some where I feel they r not taking enough  efforts to save a show... 

In an era where smartphones are common things and I think almost 90% people watch shows on phones rather than tv...

The leftover people who watch this show at 9 pm would be aunties of 50 and 60 plus people... so a unique show is shown with kitchen  politics to satisfy  these people..

By airing a show 10 +hrs before its actual telecaste time... how can they put a show on trp race... to know the actual trp or the effect of an episode they should really  check the views on hotstar and othe sites like dailymotion  and tune pk..  

It is a valid point. When hot star is releasing episode before 15hours before  telecast, then how they will get high TRP.

Arko1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

The highest online trp is of Beyhadh 2 at this moment (38+) something. So its obvious that a very big margin of people are watching it. Now i really dont get this thing that if online audience is much more vast than trp audience then why not to focus on the one who gives you more trp i.e online audience. This is literally pathetic and extremely funny at the same time. 

If they have no value for online audience then why are they even counting online trp ! And i agree with you regarding that Hotstar thing.

freakybat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Neonholic

The highest online trp is of Beyhadh 2 at this moment (38+) something. So its obvious that a very big margin of people are watching it. Now i really dont get this thing that if online audience is much more vast than trp audience then why not to focus on the one who gives you more trp i.e online audience. This is literally pathetic and extremely funny at the same time. 

If they have no value for online audience then why are they even counting online trp ! And i agree with you regarding that Hotstar thing.

In 2019 colours tv air a show called silsila baldthe rishthe ka... it was a new  and sensitive  concept..ema.. compared  to the masala dramas aired by colours... by colours took the risk of airing it on tv... as usual trp aunties  just couldn't tolerate  it... the trips went down.. but there were many viewers who wanted to see it because of  the newness and the sensible way of showing the ema matter... yes the makers handled  it properly  with giving due respect to each character  rather than butchering  it....

What I respect  colours channel here that instead  of shutting the show they aired it on voot... resulting  in season 2 of the show...

Trp aunties only want to want kitchen  politics... but If every channel given an option of internet platforms many s9hows with unique concept  will survive and excel....

IshRaian thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

It is 2020 and people still believe in that Online TRP list. It is a bogus list guys! The same list used to put one show at No.1 for months together but its own producer said that the show is not even on Top 5 most watched shows on the OTT platform. 

IshRaian thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

TV viewership is like 100/1000 times online viewership. 

Hotstar has a total of 300 million active users and I guess around 100 million of those might watch Hindi TV shows on Hotstar (I think the number might be lesser). 
There are around 900 million people who watch TV in India on an average. And Hindi TV shows are watched by 90% of the TV viewers. 

Clearly the number of people who watch TV shows on TV is much more than the number of people who watch it online. 

Do you think the channel will jeopardise it’s cash-rich TV business if Hotstar affects TV ratings? Not at all. Hotstar has no influence on TV TRP. 

TV ratings is the only thing that matters to run a show because that is what is giving them the money to run it. The revenue from Hotstar is like peanuts in front of revenue from TV. 

About shows like SBRK which air web-exclusives, the budget is very small compared to a TV show and so is the viewership. 

Sree_mk thumbnail

Originally posted by: IshRaian

TV viewership is like 100/1000 times online viewership. 

Hotstar has a total of 300 million active users and I guess around 100 million of those might watch Hindi TV shows on Hotstar (I think the number might be lesser). 
There are around 900 million people who watch TV in India on an average. And Hindi TV shows are watched by 90% of the TV viewers. 

Clearly the number of people who watch TV shows on TV is much more than the number of people who watch it online. 

Do you think the channel will jeopardise it’s cash-rich TV business if Hotstar affects TV ratings? Not at all. Hotstar has no influence on TV TRP. 

TV ratings is the only thing that matters to run a show because that is what is giving them the money to run it. The revenue from Hotstar is like peanuts in front of revenue from TV. 

About shows like SBRK which air web-exclusives, the budget is very small compared to a TV show and so is the viewership. 

Actually, this is right. Channel will give importance to only TV audience. The online TRP is not important for the channel. That's why hot star is giving episodes in the morning itself.I think the popular serials list in hot star may have importance but not online TRP.