Users

Frequent Posters

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

MAJBOOR

Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 17 years ago
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail

πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌThe Great Gambler πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ (looking damn smashing!!!)πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

N this is the cooolest of all pics!!! πŸ˜‰

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
Pachu.P thumbnail

Originally posted by: lucky_lakshmi

πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌThe Great Gambler πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ (looking damn smashing!!!)πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

This is the cooolest of all pics!!! πŸ˜‰

LmaooooooooooooooooπŸ˜†

Agree Laksss...when i saw it...i was like...πŸ˜†

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Bacchans Walk Barefoot

By Kkomal Seth & Gautam Seth

Bacchans walk barefoot to Siddhivanayak

Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago
monika.goel thumbnail
wow laks amazing pics of big b-nice collection πŸ‘ Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago
monika.goel thumbnail
Bachchan, Shah Rukh "feud" on popular American comedy show

IANS

If being ribbed about on late night comedy shows is one of the most telling indicators of popular acceptance of any foreign culture within the US, then Bollywood has just made an important debut.

The Jan 9 episode of the hugely popular The Colbert Report on Comedy Central featured a piece of gossip involving Amitach Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan. In the new segment called "We the Mediator" which jests about celebrity feuds and takes sides, the show's host Stephen Colbert deadpanned the gossip about the alleged feud between Bachchan and Khan over new year celebrations.

Apparently, according to the gossip, Bachchan stayed away from Khan's new year do which was attended by among others Salman Khan, Vivek Oberoi, Rani Mukherjee and Preity Zinta. The very idea of a mainstream American comic going through a list of unpronounceable Indian names (by American standards), had inherent humour to it.

Colebrt said, "The celebrity squabble that everyone in the nation is talking about, and by nation I mean India, is between Amitabh Bachchan (he pronounced it as Bakchan) and Shah Rukh Khan, the king and prince of Bollywood, kind of like the Indian Robert Redford and Brad Pitt, only crank up the handsome and rip off the knob. We all know the details.

Amitabh snubbed Shah Rukh Khan by not showing up at his lavish new year party. All the other major industry players attended, Vivek Oberoi, Rani Mukherjee, Salman Khan (all pronounced reasonably accurately), Preity Zinta (pronounced Priyeti)."

Then he took a pause and said apparently addressing Bachchan, "Let me tell you something, if Priyeti Zinta is there you better f**king show up." He was greeted with loud cheers at this comment. "Still this is a tough one to call," Colbert said with his tongue firmly in his cheek. "If I can only judge them side by side. Oh wait, they were both in the hit movie Mohabbatein (pronounced mohobatiyan)."

Then a couple of clips of Bachchan and Khan were shown where Bachchan looking patrician throws a showl around himself and Khan is singing a song. "Normally I would go with the distinguished older gentleman but where is that dancing? Decision? Shah Rukh Khan," Colbert said and then brought the house down with this punch line, "Congratulations, you are truly the Dilip Kumar to Amitabh's Raj Kapoor."

Of course, the popular cultural context may have been a bit skewed but the very fact that The Colbert Report, which is known to skewer popular American trends, should spend over two and a half minutes on a piece of Bollywood gossip is indicative of the inroads Hindi cinema is making within the US. Of course, it may also have been prompted by the realization that a lot of Indian Americans watch the show every night.

monika.goel thumbnail

umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Hey Guys,

We as we know we have opened a part 7 to our wonderful Bachchans Fan Club. Well I think we should really carry out some activities. We should plan AND CARRY OUT Abhishek's birthday that is coming up in Feb. We should also hold another contest to rename our fan club.

Please participate and help put in better ideas!!πŸ˜‰

Edited by umi82990 - 17 years ago
umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
< name=secImage method=post> </>
Amar: Nothing to hide about Abhishek marriage
PTI
Bhopal, January 10, 2007

SAMAJWADI PARTY leader Amar Singh on Wednesday claimed there was nothing to hide about the marriage of his friend Amitabh Bachchan's son Abhishek and people will become aware of it when it is solemnised.

"Nobody has the right to intrude into someone's private life. The Bachchans are a part of my family and Abhishek is like my son", Singh told reporters here after he was queried about media speculation about a relationship between Abhishek and actress Aishwariya Rai.

"There is nothing to hide about Abhishek's marriage and you will become aware of it when it takes place", he said. "It is not the people who are interested in the Bachchans. They are saleable stock that is why you are after them", he alleged.