Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

kalank kjo take pills n get lost lol

JeanieBeanie thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MahanalayakKarn

Armchair psychoanalysis: KJo's problem is basically that all he knows are Bollywood people. He creates worlds full of the South Mumbai types born with more money than sense. He tries to imagine what middle class/working class India is like and tries to fit his version of regular people into his Bollywoodish universe. Voila! You have Siddharth Malhotra from SOTY. I would venture Alia's character in that movie was the closest to a real person in spite of her being rich and ditzy. Sid and Varun were caricatures of what KJo imagined such men to be.

Takht will also end up being the same.

More psychoanalysis: if KJo wants to make  quality films, he needs to do what Zoya is doing. She is also a child of Bollywood. But unlike KJo, she doesn't proudly proclaim herself not to have read a single book in the last so many years. She surrounds herself with creative types who ARE in touch with that outside world. Hence, after a ZNMD and a DDD, she can create a GB. 

If I were KJo's adviser, I would tell him to pick up a couple of books and read. Not the crap that passes for bestsellers. Something along the literary line. Who knows, he might even get ideas. I would advise him to go to NSD and immerse himself in that group and perhaps find one or two peeps he can work with.

But he won't. He likes to see himself as the diva. Unfortunately, he can't have his cake and eat it, too. He's going to figure it out with Takht.

The only reason I have some hope from Takht is because the script isn't written by him. Every single movie he's directed so far has been written by him and they've all been trash (barring of course K3G and KKHH which get a pass). But Takht is by another guy and Ranveer has also gone on and on about how great it is. KJo's got a really skewed world perspective and he's incapable of writing anything that's real to life. I hope to god he can just follow that supposedly awesome script (and hasn't changed it!).

Stick to the written form, not KJo it up, and certainly not copycat SLB's brand of period filmmaking. There are hundreds of ways to create period history films and I hope he can define his own style. It's art...don't just ape someone else; find your own style and create it.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: JeanieBeanie

The only reason I have some hope from Takht is because the script isn't written by him. Every single movie he's directed so far has been written by him and they've all been trash (barring of course K3G and KKHH which get a pass). But Takht is by another guy and Ranveer has also gone on and on about how great it is. KJo's got a really skewed world perspective and he's incapable of writing anything that's real to life. I hope to god he can just follow that supposedly awesome script (and hasn't changed it!).

Stick to the written form, not KJo it up, and certainly not copycat SLB's brand of period filmmaking. There are hundreds of ways to create period history films and I hope he can define his own style. It's art...don't just ape someone else; find your own style and create it.

I didn't know someone else was writing it. Regardless, KJo has his silly ideas on what passes for real life. He will very likely stick them onto the script and mess it up. His movies have not plot, no character development, and settings are from some other planet. 

If he is not content to be producer, he should really crack open a litt novel or two and go see some of the work of more accomplished movie makers. I know peeps have problems with Raju Hirani. But I remember him talking about shaping the novel into the script for 3 Idiots. He said, very clearly, that the book had no plot. He needed to make the plot. And he did, silly though it might be. He also did nice character dev for all the side characters. Aamir of course was Jesus Christ in it. Perfect from the get-go. But the rest was good story-telling. KJo doesn't do plot; he doesn't do character dev.