Sirf Ruhi ke liye: A Double Edged Sword

Zoyamalik1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

She brought them together. Two halves of a whole 

But in some ways, she’s a reason for deep rooted insecurity. Raman and Ishita’s love for Ruhi  brings them closer together. From enemies, to sparring partners, to friends and finally, being in love. She’s the thread that holds them, but she’s also the reason they unravel. 

A question constantly in their minds, would this person love me if Ruhi wasn’t a part of us? 

Raman and Ishita find a part of themselves with each other that was missing before. Raman finds someone that challenges him, on every footing. Doesn’t back down. For him, Ishita finds her way into a crack in his worldly facade through how good she is, how incredibly devoted and whole heartedly committed she is to his loved ones. She becomes his strength. She shoulders his burdens with him. She asks for nothing but loves him beyond measure. 

BUT, 

Would her love even be possible without Ruhi? That’s a question Raman wrestles with. Does Ishita love Ruhi’s dad, or does Ishita love Raman. 

To viewers it’s clear. Ruhi was a reason they broke down each other’s walls to find solace with each other. She’s not the reason for their relationship after a certain point.

But I believe the volatility in Raman stems because he loves Ishita like a mad man as the story develops and every time they argue the insecurities from their past and this ‘sirf Ruhi ke liye’ flares back up. 

It’s WHY Raman took ages to confess. It’s like holding onto his last cards before revealing himself completely to her. She knows he loves her. He knows he loves her. It’s been months, but saying it, actually saying it leaves him no cards left to hide away.

Ishita has it worse. It’s not just Ruhi, but the ghost of Shagun and Raman’s  past that plays a heavy hand in her insecurities. She’s crippled. I think people underestimate how broken she is because Raman in comparison is so raw with his emotions.  

For her, she gets Shagun rubbed in her face as the one that got away for Raman. The ‘sirf Ruhi ke liye’ then becomes the dormant question, what if Ruhi never chose her?  Would Raman still be living in Shagun’s memories? Is she merely a consolation prize?

As viewers we know Shagun as a love interest dies long before the show begins for Raman. She’s just the cause of anger, frustration and sheer heart break. But to Ishita, she’s the one Raman CHOSE in his past life.

What made them fall?

Ishita saw the real Raman.

Father, son, brother, son in law, brother in law. A man that lives for his family. A man willing to go to any lengths for the people he loves. 

And Raman fell for the woman that asked ‘what can I do to ease the pain’ at every turn as they started to come together finally, as a unit for Ruhi.  Their passionate personalities collided in the best way, whether they clashed in heated arguments or just when sparring, because hell, it’s the best time they have, the moments their trying to one up each other. 

‘baar baar tumhe apni life Mein uhljaane ka apna hi maza hai, jitna tum ulhajti ho, uthni meri mohabbat bharti chali jaati hai’ 

That for me is Raman’s love for Ishita. Something Shagun could never be. That’s why she could never replace Ishita when Ishita leaves Raman’s side in the story. No one can ever be to Raman what Ishita is. 

. Two broken souls healed each other. But scars can be ripped open. I think, sometimes when Raman feels like he’s not good enough, the ‘sirf Ruhi ke liye’ question mark flares up. And when Ishita is faced by Raman’s past, it flares up for her too. 

These two knuckleheads are so complex, broken, bruised, battered, that when they fell in love and did so very madly, it could never be an easy road after. Emotionally stunted, what pulls at my heartstrings the most, is that Raman and Ishita, even when they love each other so much, can’t always express it. 

well a certain someone did say  say the course of true love never did run smooth!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DipaliG thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Beautifully penned down.. 

MG_Inactive thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Zoya😳 this is just so beautiful!! 

Reading about IshRa never feels like been there, done that already...the emotions that you have penned down is nothing unknown to us but your way of penning them is absolute bliss 

Yes Ruhi had always been a constant between them...Ruhi ke lie as they said...but I don't know if you have seen the cave track of 2018...there Puttar almost in his last breath says..I want you as my wife not just now but even in all our rebirths and the next time we are together, we will start everything afresh, not just Ruhi ke lie..that was very overwhelming to hear as an IshRa fan...correct me if I am wrong with the dialogues, just writing it from whatever little I remember!

dreamer624 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Ruhi was the reason they came together,but she wasn't the reason they fell in love. Once their misconceptions faded they slowly realised they are truly soulmates and they supported each other through thick and thin. For a long time they did everything for Ruhi,but then the dynamic between them changed and they started doing things for each other without expecting anything in return.

All the qualities they wanted from their previous relationships Ishita and Raman found in each other. Raman's love for Shagun was just  infatuation and just to keep Shagun happy he kept on fulfilling her materialistic demands, but still Shagun wasn't happy.  Subbu left Ishita because she couldn't conceive neither Shagun or Subbu supported them them in their bad times they were both deserted.  

Their heartbreak had a silver lining, because without that heartbreak they wouldn't have known what true love really is. No one can love Raman like Ishita does and no one can love Ishita like Raman does, truly their journey and love story is one of a kind. 

Zoyamalik1 thumbnail

I haven’t seen that track but the dialogues you’re talking about I think are what every ishra fan yearned for

As you know I lost touch with the show and am now rewatching it from the start. So, for this very cave reason you speak of I want to watch all the tracks that highlight the angst and sheer love Raman and Ishita have for each other. 

I did message you about episode requests, I sorry I Wasn’t very clear about episode numbers. I don’t know how to be 🤷‍♀️

now I can’t wait to watch the cave scene you speak of! 

For me, Raman and Ishita are their own worst enemies. They’re so hard on themselves it’s like ‘sirf Ruhi kya liye’ is a constant reminder they weren’t chosen. But THEY did chose each other. They fell in love and they committed to be each other’s everything. They forget that every time they’re met with the possibility that they don’t measure up,  remain second best. 

I love these two train wrecks 😂

Edited by Zoyamalik1 - 4 years ago
Zoyamalik1 thumbnail

I ve said this before but I’ll say it again. I don’t think Raman was ever in love with anyone before Ishita. He was as you say infatuated with Shagun. He idealised her into something she wasn’t. 

With Ishita, he loves her for the flawed yet selfless person she is. He recognises where she goes overboard with the self sacrificing. He also recognises that she’s the only one he’s fully ever depended on. She’s his, over compensating And slightly obsessive as she is, Ishita is completely his. 

ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

At his second chance in love, Raman truly understood the definition of love. His only true love is his Madrasan, Jhansi Ki Rani. 

MG_Inactive thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Zoya and Umeira, I am so bad and lazy in checking pms, thats why missed both your messages...don't worry now that I have seen them will share them with both of you!!!I apologise for the delay!

Edited by MeghnaGhosh - 4 years ago
--QUEEN-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Hey zoya......

How are you doing? I.don't know if you remember me, but I was one of your many fanssmiley31 After you left, I.don't know how many times I.commented here about you, if anyone knows the reason.why you left....Anyway you came back, my heart is nothing short of doing a smiley41when I saw you replying that you are the very same Zoyamaliksmiley17, but my limbs didn't cooperatesmiley24. I was critically ill, and I didnt get time even to read and reply to your posts......Anyway, you came back with your writings❤❤❤...what more can I ask for this decade😭😭😭😭😭. Thank you for coming back😭😭😭😭

Actually I read this title in the morning and was dying to read what you've written....Finally. This is just❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Actually I was kinda stunned to read this, ' two edged sword' title,Ruhi cannot be termed better. Marvellous👏👏👏👏👏👏

A double edged sword attacks you in every direction, pierced...can pull out every part settled in a nook or a corner and lay them in front of your eyes.

True, the thought 'Ruhi ke liye' attacked Raman and Ishita in every possible direction, it can reach the deepest corner of their minds, and pull out their insecurities and lay in front of them. 

But I think the very same 'Ruhi ke liye', has been a tool for them, to analyse their love for each other, and come to a conclusion that their love is not limited to 'Sirf Ruhi ke liye'. 

Maybe, at a point, when they realised that they hold somethingsmiley9for each other, they might have analysed their feelings bringing in the very 'Sirf Ruhi ke liye' question. Do I love Ishita beyond Ruhi and do I love Raman beyond Ruhi.....later like you said, it turned to Does Ishita love me if not for Ruhi and Do Raman love me if not for Ruhi....and later it turned to 'I want you for the rest of all my lives'......without 'Sirf Ruhi ke liye clause'. Those were Raman's words😊

Once Raman asks Ishita to either choose him or Ruhi,actually  they were at logger heads cuz of Ruhi's decision to marry a divorcee with a kid, then Ishita says 'RUHI', stating that they are parents first then husband and wife. Raman was heartbroken. The disappointment was purely visible on his face. Then you need to see Ishita's ways to woo him back😊, she tries all wifey methods to woo him back, other than just telling him I love you even if Ruhi wasn't with us. Actually I was expecting a emotional conversation that time. But we didn't get any. Do they really need one,  I wonder?? And Raman comes back to normalcy, without any great efforts from Ishita😊, as if he knew that he don't need any clarifications from her to know that she loves him.

And you said that whenever Raman might feel unworthy, this Ruhi ke liye thing pops up in his mind.....In Raman's paralysis track, frustrated with his misery, he asks her to leave him and go away, and live her life peacefully, she moves to him crying and leans on to his knees telling him that I am not going anywhere, how much ever you push me away, then Raman's reaction was something that lives with me forever. His reaction was so plain, simple, calm and casual. He kneads her hair casually....as if he knew what's gonna come from her. 

In gulabo track, where Raman disguises himself as a woman, once Toshi and Ishita find some women stuff, like bangles, lipstick in his desk😂. Toshi yells at him blaming him of some affair, and Romi somehow covers up ( take this all in a comic tone😊). Then IshRa go out on a coffee date, they occupy a table, and Raman was still stuck clearing the misunderstanding about his affair😄, but it so casually comes out from her mouth that, "mujhe pata hain aap sirf mujhse hi pyaar karte hein"☺️

Raman know that Ishita will be with him no matter what, and it's not out of compulsion for Ruhi, only cuz she loves him, and that love doesn't depend on Ruhi's existence, he knew it. She loved him even when he felt he was unworthy, that's the foundation of his love for her. If he feels insecure that Ishita's love is sirf Ruhi ke liye, when he is undeserving, then there remains no meaning for her in his life. 

And Ishita now know that her Raavan is now madly in love with her, even 1000 Shaguns cannot influence him anymore. During Shagun's wedding to Mani, Shagun kinda blames Ishita that she snatched away Raman from her as if Raman was her property😂. Ishita gives it back to her confidently, that she is in a delusion😂. I think you might have watched that scene.

After watching IshRa's journey from the start to end, at the end of the day, I don't feel that 'sirf Ruhi ke liye' haunts them anymore. We never got a conversation about the insecurities you have mentioned, as a viewer you don't need one, to know that they are complete. 

But as you say, if IshRa need any clarification from each other, regarding 'sirf Ruhi ke liye'..... what will make them be at peace?? A mere conversation?? Maybe........But it is said that actions speak louder than words...hehehe..I always imagine this scenario...what if God asks Raman to choose between Shagun and Ishita as his wife for his next birth, and if He gives Adi,Ruhi and pihu along with Shagun, will Raman choose Shagun?? And what if Ishita is asked to choose between Subbu and Raman? And if God is willing to give her Ruhi along with Subbu, will she choose Subbu??

You know the answers, and Raman and Ishita also know each other answers.....that's what matters😊. 

Thank you for bringing up this sirf Ruhi ke liye discussion now....it's so interesting. The only scale to compare IshRa's love in phases and witness the growth....once 'sirf Ruhi ke liye', not anymore. Truly 'sirf Ruhi ke liye' helped them realise that, 'you're beyond Ruhi for me'❤❤❤

Zoyamalik1 thumbnail

Hello there!!! 

I certainly hope you’ve recovered and are feeling much better old friend! Please know I’ll pray for you. thank you so so much for your appreciation, I’ll continue to write as often as I can, I’m sorry I left so abruptly, my life too took some dramatic twists and turns. 

I think at the end of the day, you’re right, Raman and Ishita are about actions more than words. It’s just when they feel so incredibly vulnerable, afraid and insecure that the ‘sirf ruhi ke liye’ angle pops up. As the story matures though, we see that whatever the circumstances they just gravitate towards each other. It’s like an invisible force pulls them together. That’s not ruhi, it’s the fact they can’t live without each other. When they’re apart all they do is..... exist. 

Raman for certain protests right till the end even though to be honest everyone sees through his facade. Everyone knows he can’t not love Ishita.