Gitz thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

What do you do if you are in a situation where you are in love with someone who is getting married to someone, however they don't know you love them but if you told them they might (50- 50 chance) pick you.

Do you tell them or do you just stay depressed all your life? remember you might get rejected or you might break someones marriage what do you do?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sowmyaa thumbnail
humm..that's a good question. I would probably not tell him when I know that that person is getting married. I know taking decision to marry someone is a big and hard one in your life. I probably don't want to disturb his state of mind by throwing stone during this time. I think if he has comitted to get married to someone that suggest that he has already made his decision of his life.

Also, I probably won't stay depressed all my life. That's life.. you got to keep moving. No matter what life goes on. And believe me that is just not words from book. I've seen in my life that no matter how imp. relationship is you have to keep moving if that does not work out. And everyone keep moving. And yes, I would always think all my life about breaking some's marriage.

There are two type of people.
1. some are fighter. They will fight with life to get what they want.
2. some just adjust themselves to situation.

I am not saying one is good and one is bad, it's just personality and different goup of plp and I am probably someone who adjust to the situation and accept it rather than a fighter! probably thats my drawback but that's what it is! 😛
gentle_girl66 thumbnail
i would not tell him coz love is see the one you love being happy may be it might not  be with another person too. iwould be happy if he is happy.
Mysteriousguy thumbnail

Its best you keep it to yourself and not tell him. Most likely, even if he likes you, he will reject you as he is getting married to someone else, thus family arrangements, dates, etc... all at stake.

Maybe after he is married, and within conversations you can tell him how you felt, but just remember, he may turn around saying he liked you too, but nothing can be done now.

I'm sure you will find someone else who touches your heart, just move on and go with the flow. Let him marry, and be happy.

Gitz thumbnail
Thanks for the replys guys you say don't tell the guy but what if the outcome were to be positive you'll never know if you don't try (tell) and yeah after the marrige it's too late so maybe then it the right time and if the guy loves you family and society shouldn't really be a problem. I don't know what could be the worst senario of the situation.
Pinky~786 thumbnail

hmm thtz a difficult situation

well .. i'll jus say it all depends on 1..

mistystar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gitz

What do you do if you are in a situation where you are in love with someone who is getting married to someone, however they don't know you love them but if you told them they might (50- 50 chance) pick you.

Do you tell them or do you just stay depressed all your life? remember you might get rejected or you might break someones marriage what do you do?

move on, especially if the person is in love with the individual he is going to marry. that would be wrong for me to try and get in the way.

and it is not as if he is the only one out there. Probably be depressed for a while, but thats life...
Edited by mistystar - 18 years ago
simi1295 thumbnail
hmmm... i would 1st try to see if hes happy with the person he gettn married to..and if it was a love marriage or arrang'd... if its not a love marriage then YES i would tell him.. i dont think i would be able to live with the guilt that i could'v gott'n the guy love rahter then be alone..  im not sure if you guys have seen "Lamhe"-- anupam kaher tells shri devi that " if you love some1 tell them, what is the worest thing that can happen..the other person will say No, but at least you said what was in your heart... so yes i would tell him that i love him.😃
Delight thumbnail

Depends on the person. If he is in love with the other girl then NO... bcz I dont want to ruin his new life by telling him so. But he is interested in me and have no guts then I will take the matter in my hands to ask him to marry me. 😛..

I like this saying a lot.. If you love some1 let him go free, if he comes back to you, he is yours and if he doesnt he never was.

Gitz thumbnail
[QUOTE=Delight]

Depends on the person. If he is in love with the other girl then NO... bcz I dont want to ruin his new life by telling him so. But he is interested in me and have no guts then I will take the matter in my hands to ask him to marry me. 😛..

I like this saying a lot.. If you love some1 let him go free, if he comes back to you, he is yours and if he doesnt he never was.

Cool saying and thank you everyone for posting your views it's been alot of help and I really appriciate it.