Can Chapaak beat the opening day collections of Dirty Picture/Veere di - Page 2

Poll

Can Chapaak beat the opening day collections of The Dirty Picture/Veere di wedding?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Poorabhforever

Both raazi and neerja are female centric though 

And chapak s closest competition os with raazi which was last directorial venture of meghn gulzar and starred alia bhatt had a great opening more than piku 

I agree, but I am talking about the highest opening for a female-centric movie.

That way, Chapaak cannot be compared with Raazi either because that is a patriotic movie. Chapaak is much more niche. Piku was also niche, it was slice-of-life and barely had any plot. Shoojit Sircar's October was in the same bracket, it opened less than Piku despite having a popular male star.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Nothing against the cause but I doubt the film is a success 

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: mintyblue

I agree, and veere di wedding had an ensemble cast.

So, which is the movie with the highest opening for a purely female-centric movie acc. to you?

Veere di wedding..kareena kapoor

every trade site says the same

you cannot count ensemble cast when baring kareena..the rest cannot even open a movie on their name..sonam's last movie made a lifetime of 2cr..so that says A LOT

veere is purely kareena..anyone else less famous..it would be like the usual movies of sonam..swara..10cr lifetime..not opening

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: mintyblue

I agree, but I am talking about the highest opening for a female-centric movie.

That way, Chapaak cannot be compared with Raazi either because that is a patriotic movie. Chapaak is much more niche. Piku was also niche, it was slice-of-life and barely had any plot. Shoojit Sircar's October was in the same bracket, it opened less than Piku despite having a popular male star.

October was nothing like Piku, Piku had.comic feel for the entirety of the movie, October was not.

Twinklingmoon thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2