Ep 10: Maya's unraveling

libran90 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Whenever we release an arrow, we have to pull the arrow backward, to release the arrow to achieve its target. Whenever we jump or take a plunge, we move 2 steps back so that we can run to take that plunge. Tonight, was a case similar to this. Maya was pushed or pushed herself 2 steps backward in her mighty plan to bring mighty Roys down. Now when you are in the midst of a war, you will win some and you will lose some and tonight we saw that Maya lost - to her other-self. On one hand, I am willing to understand her trauma, but on the other, I am questioning her plans - because if you are coming out in the open from the shadows, then there are a lot of variables to consider - like the Roy family. If you want to win a war, shouldn't you be ready for such instances? What kind of a battle plan does not consider the fact that "what if this goes wrong or that does not work out? Maya needs to work on loopholes and herself here.

Maya's terror - Although you are supposed to feel for her, I felt like laughing because aisa lag raha tha Gabbar khud chalke aa raha ho😆. But boy the way she was melting into a puddle and trying to get a grip on herself by piercing her nails onto the skin - she was truly a mess. I mean this was the real Maya - scared, lonely, fearful. The horror in her eyes when she could sense the movement of her predator was brought out really well by Jennifer. 

Rudra & Mrityunjay - Honestly, I agree with many in this forum, that Rudra could have spoken privately with Mrityunjay. It need not be escalated, that too in front of employees and a security guard. It does not look nice. But apart from that, I don't know how much Maya heard or understood of Mrityunjay and Rudra's conversation. But as the transgender said, inadvertently, Rudra became a 'hero' today for Maya, because he became the barrier between her and Mrityunjay, which she never had before. Aage chalke, he will be of real help for Maya, because unlike Maya, Rudra does not feel scared of or intimidated by Mrityunjay at all. From deep love comes deep hatred - which is common for Maya and Rudra. Rudra must have immensely loved Mrityunjay, at one point in time. But that turned into disgust and hatred, which shows that Mrityunjay must have done something which he thinks was right, but was completely wrong for Rudra. But Rudra is still in a much better place than Maya. One, Rudra has people he cares about that anchor him and two, he has not been fighting all battles alone. Maya does not have a proper anchor - her mom is not of too much help if she is delusional and half her family, is not there - which means either they are separate or killed off. So, yes Rudra and Ananya can pull her to a much better space than she is in.

Rudra, Ananya & Maya - So I might be reading into this too much, but Ananya is kind of pushing Rudra and herself towards Maya. It is like, she is a big fan of Maya, which we know, but she wants to be friends with Maya and solve her issues - which Rudra is very reluctant about. But Ananya will not leave Maya so easily and neither will she leave Rudra so easily. I have a feeling that Ananya is also involved in this matter - she is someone who is also helping Maya, which hasn't been revealed yet. To go at someone like Mrityunjay Roy directly, Maya will be vaporized. Maya will need a lot of support and help to get herself around the Roy family. There is one already, but there will be more. Many would suggest that her friendship and love for Rudra is genuine - I am not denying that. Her friendship could be genuine, but love could be acting. Their friendship comes out very strong than Ananya's love for Rudra. It has always been Ananya who has been pushing Rudra towards Maya - whether, for her fangirling, investor, 3 days - all have pushed Rudra towards Maya. So it could be that or maybe I am reading too much. But I am truly up for Maya and Ananya's girl code and bestie moments - I would love to see that. Please CVs, don't screw this up. Show us some girl bestie moments as well.

Antara, Mrityunjay & Mrs. Roy - Mrityunjay just needs one incident to make him angry, when his true self comes out - which we see when he glares at Antara and she goes quiet - when he argues with his mom and complains about her drinking habits. But what is noteworthy is Mrs. Roy's bete ko samajhne lagi tabhi to sharaab ka sahara lena pada. Mrityunjay was wounded today, that the usually quiet man lashed out. And this is not even him in full form. Just imagine when Maya comes to the forefront - the way he will lash out then.

Rudra and Maya's car ride - So tonight was Maya being herself after her unraveling in Rudra's office. It shows that you can change your look, yourself but you cannot change yourself at the core. Maya is a good person at the core, who has been forced to take this path. But you cannot always pretend to be something you aren't. She still has goodness and warmth inside her, which she hasn't fully forsaken. And that very thing gives hope to me that Rudra and Ananya can pull her out of this darkness - change her perception from a revenge battle to a battle for justice. Krishna himself has said that if you fight a battle for revenge, then that is the first step to your destruction - because that is selfish. But if you fight a battle for justice, that means you are doing it not just for your self but for the greater good as well. Rudra is getting to know shades of Maya that have shown him that Maya is also a human - she feels fear, she smiles, she thinks for others esp. people who are shunned from mainstream society. I would add that this could also be because of Krishna's teachings - because there is a legend which says that Krishna had given special status to transgenders, which made their blessings and curses very powerful - so you should never really antagonize them. 

On a lighter note, Rudra being playful with Maya because he wants to know about this 'chemist'. I don't know why does he want to know so much about her. First, he will be totally reluctant to help her and then he wants to know about this 'chemist'. I am baffled.

Precap - Well you cannot say much about precaps because we will know when the episode will play out. But there are some points I think I can make out:

1. Maya and Antara know each other. Antara probably fooled and duped her in the name of helping her against Mrityunjay.

2. Maya hurts Antara by knocking her out probably because she does not want her to recognize her so soon since her interactions will increase with Rudra and Ananya. Mrityunjay and Antara both know Maya.

3. Maya will be hurting people here and there, keyword being hurting, because she needs to keep her mystery intact. She does not want a lot of people to know, not as of now.

4. Rishi is just playing Maya. He is too self-absorbed to be hurting himself. He is pretending to gain Maya's attention. And impulsively he proposes Maya. This is something to note, because with Rishi - it can go either way because he displays more traits of Mrityunjay than Rudra.

5. Maya has come to the party - but I am sure the mystery on her will remain intact. it is a party with many people. So, Rudra can mistake someone else to be Rishi's girlfriend and Mrityunjay can meet someone else as the investor (sent by Maya). But Maya will be Maya for Rudra and Rishi. She will be playing around this party.

And finally, one thing I felt about tonight that the more we are getting to know about Maya and Mrityunjay - we can see that Maya has light inside her which will come out to the fore - because of Rudra and Ananya and Mrityunjay has a lot of darkness within him which will come out to the fore because of Maya.

Ramblings done for me. Tell me about yours!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

meimo12 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

It's the first time I have logged into my account in ages! Just couldn't resist commenting here.  

Love your thoughts! So detailed and on point. 

I just feel like whatever way Rudra and Maya's story goes... he won't be too happy to know her playing his brother if he loves him too much. I have a feeling if Rudra does fall for Maya and likewise, Rishi will probably even go against his own brother. 

Love Ananya and Rudra's equation, I really hope her bond won't be broken. She's a babe. 

Can't wait to see the mystery. Like its so unpredictable every episode, and gets better by the hour! 

Edited by meimo12 - 4 years ago
Gurmeet4Drashti thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Brilliant post.. As always! :) 

First, he will be totally reluctant to help her and then he wants to know about this 'chemist'. I am baffled.

I think this is how simple Rudra is.. when Maya tried to put a brave front and rejected all his and Ananya’s advances, he respected that and didn’t intrude. He gave her the space to pull herself together. But when she crashed her car, he knew that he had to put his foot down and she wasn’t in the right frame of mind. 

I think the whole “chemist” was just banter and something to distract her with.. he had seen her break down a couple of minutes back, he just wanted that razor sharp tongued Maya back! 

libran90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: meimo12

It's the first time I have logged into my account in ages! Just couldn't resist commenting here.  

Thanks @meimo12😊

Love your thoughts! So detailed and on point. 

I just feel like whatever way Rudra and Maya's story goes... he won't be too happy to know her playing his brother if he loves him too much. I have a feeling if Rudra does fall for Maya and likewise, Rishi will probably even go against his own brother. 

In the story further, Rudra will not be happy about a lot of things - which is not just about Maya playing Rishi. Maya was also played by Mrityunjay. So Rudra will obviously be livid with Maya, but with Mrityunjay more because he is the one who triggered these sequence of events in their life. 

Rishi could go against Maya and Rudra, because for Rishi, Maya is another number on his scoreboard - if someone takes that from him, Rishi is not someone to take it so easily. They are trying to establish Rishi as the naive one here - but I think he has the capacity to turn into a rather dark character like his father. Rudra may have no choice but to face him when the time comes. Because Maya's plans stem from the fact that she wants to separate both brothers.

Love Ananya and Rudra's equation, I really hope her bond won't be broken. She's a babe. 

Yes, I do too. But I also want to see a Maya and Ananya equation to develop too. I don't want another Saanjh here, please. Once is more than enough.

Can't wait to see the mystery. Like its so unpredictable every episode, and gets better by the hour! 

Yes, they should slowly move towards the same. I feel it has been well established what Maya has gone through. They need to unravel the mystery now, slowly slowly.

libran90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gurmeet4Drashti

Brilliant post.. As always! :) 

Thanks, Nida😊 Appreciate it.

First, he will be totally reluctant to help her and then he wants to know about this 'chemist'. I am baffled.

I think this is how simple Rudra is.. when Maya tried to put a brave front and rejected all his and Ananya’s advances, he respected that and didn’t intrude. He gave her the space to pull herself together. But when she crashed her car, he knew that he had to put his foot down and she wasn’t in the right frame of mind. 

I agree with this point. She had completely unraveled and was trying to pull herself back together. But it wasn't working to her favor. Rudra had no choice but to step in.

I think the whole “chemist” was just banter and something to distract her with.. he had seen her break down a couple of minutes back, he just wanted that razor sharp-tongued Maya back! 
Yes true. I agree😊

braveheartdoc thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Brilliant post 👏

Even I was surprised to see that Maya isn't prepared to deal with her biggest fear MJ. She is using his sons against him in this dangerous revenge plan then she needs to be prepared for such unprecedented events. After all she knows MJ very well and that's why she panicked at the first hint of his arrival. But as I mentioned in Shreyas thread that maybe she wasn't expecting her encounter with him so soon but she definitely needs to think about it.

Also regarding Rishi I feel that right now she isn't taking him too seriously but soon he might become a hurdle in her plans bcoz he trusts his father a lot which can lead to him following his advice. Rudra and Rishi are poles apart and Rishi doesn't know the truth about his father which Rudra does that's why he hates MJ to this extent.

Soon I'm anticipating Rudra and Maya vs MJ and Rishi... lets see. 😉

Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I loved the light and darkness within, you have written in the end. Seems to be very true. MJ's darkness and Maya's light. 

However, I didn't see the Ananya scene the way you saw it. I saw that Ananya visibly tries to comfort Maya the way she thinks she can comfort any other girl. Whereas, Rudra seems heavily disinterested in doing the same coz he's probably not interested. But however, he does seem intrigued by her. Ananya also wanted to know about her boyfriend. But Rudra was being purposely meddlesome. 😆 He basically did what Ananya did. The two have the same intention, it's just that, Rudra inadvertently knows how to loosen Maya up a bit whereas Ananya doesn't know that.  

libran90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: braveheartdoc

Brilliant post 👏

Thanks @braveheartdoc

Even I was surprised to see that Maya isn't prepared to deal with her biggest fear of MJ. She is using his sons against him in this dangerous revenge plan then she needs to be prepared for such unprecedented events. After all, she knows MJ very well and that's why she panicked at the first hint of his arrival. But as I mentioned in Shreyas thread that maybe she wasn't expecting her encounter with him so soon but she definitely needs to think about it.

I guess she has planned everything A-Z, but she did not plan for these googlies that come in between. I find it silly, not having a contingency plan for the same.

Also regarding Rishi, I feel that right now she isn't taking him too seriously but soon he might become a hurdle in her plans bcoz he trusts his father a lot which can lead to him following his advice. Rudra and Rishi are poles apart and Rishi doesn't know the truth about his father which Rudra does that's why he hates MJ to this extent.

The show is about 'no one seems what they are'. I feel there is much more to Rishi than just being a naive college-going boy. There must be definite layers to all the Roys in the house. I guess after Maya breaks his heart, we have to see what he turns into - that is how we will decide.

Soon I'm anticipating Rudra and Maya vs MJ and Rishi... let us see. 😉

I hope to see something different this time. But going by everything that is happening - I have a very bad feeling that Rishi may turn into the obsessive lover types - which is not great at all.

libran90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: najma123

I loved the light and darkness within, you have written in the end. It seems to be very true. MJ's darkness and Maya's light. 

Thanks

However, I didn't see the Ananya scene the way you saw it. I saw that Ananya visibly tries to comfort Maya the way she thinks she can comfort any other girl. Whereas, Rudra seems heavily disinterested in doing the same coz he's probably not interested in. But however, he does seem intrigued by her. Ananya also wanted to know about her boyfriend. But Rudra was being purposely meddlesome. 😆 He basically did what Ananya did. The two have the same intention, it's just that, Rudra inadvertently knows how to loosen Maya up a bit whereas Ananya doesn't know that. 

It is just a thought that crossed my mind. Rudra is intrigued, but not to a point of invading her space or overtly trying to comfort her the way, Ananya was trying. Maya definitely needs a proper girlfriend you know. Judging by the precap, Antara had most probably duped her in the name of being her agony aunt. So Maya placed trust in quite the wrong people. Now that she has met some good people, even if using for her cause - it will still have a better influence on her to bring out that light which is still inside her.

Armu4eva thumbnail

You do such a great job analysing. Love reading it. Yesterday's episode was very important to set the foundation of MayRa relationship/partnership.

Rudra told Maya a little while ago, "I don't trust you" But when she needed him the most, he reached out and said "Trust me" and she did. Trust is the foundation of every relationship and while MayRa have checked the boxes of "commitment, loyalty, and passion", trust was left and yesterday was a great journey towards it. 

I want to reiterate that Rudras reaction to MJ reveal a certain darkness in MJ and Mayas condition vindicates it. Also the way MJ glared at Antara and had her panciking is also similar to how Maya panics at MJs mere presence. 

I will talk about the precap. The things that had me stunned were Antara-Maya flashback. I mean whattt?????? We're they friends? Was Maya working at MJs office? This just increases the interest quotient so much. The party scene is going to be amazing. I am eagerly looking forward to see Rudra flirt with Maya. But it will be first time that entire Roy family and Maya will be under the roof. Will Maya panic again? Interesting times. Also Rishi, already giving scary feels.