Everyday it gets worse

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

Rape survivor attacked n burned alive, a year later by the same man who raped her, was out on bail.

Law in our Country!! 👏

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

This is really pathetic...

Just morning this colleague told me about someone's tweet. It said, something on the lines of girls should carry condom so that rapist can use it .... Where is our society going 

Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

yes today only i read news of  people living on  streets are being abducted for rapes.

😡

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

All working middle class people who have girl children should strive hard and make sure that your kids study hard.. and then send them abroad for PG. 👍

Life in India is the worst for woman. 🤢

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

every day isn't getting, it was always this worse.

The thing is people only react and show outrage, when it becomes sensationalized.

Everyday in newspapers people read and in news reports see about rape cases, and just turn the pages or ignore it as if it is normal. It is only when newspapers report in headlines and first page, people act like "wow what is happening", as if it wasn't happening at all.

Everyday, every hour, someone is getting raped, but it only becomes talk of the town, when a Nirbhaya or Priyanka Reddy or Asifa comes out. Because it is the time when someone speaking out, gets the limelight. Sorry maybe I am generalizing, but I think people have stopped caring at all, we only show only concern because we think showing it when limelight is on the issue, is necessary and if we don't people will judge us.

And it is a vicious cycle and circle, where nobody knows why it happens, and looks around to blame everyone else from society to government to police to media, as if they aren't part of.

Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

its time for nirbhaya case judgement  to be made quicker

FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

every day isn't getting, it was always this worse.

The thing is people only react and show outrage, when it becomes sensationalized.

Everyday in newspapers people read and in news reports see about rape cases, and just turn the pages or ignore it as if it is normal. It is only when newspapers report in headlines and first page, people act like "wow what is happening", as if it wasn't happening at all.

Everyday, every hour, someone is getting raped, but it only becomes talk of the town, when a Nirbhaya or Priyanka Reddy or Asifa comes out. Because it is the time when someone speaking out, gets the limelight. Sorry maybe I am generalizing, but I think people have stopped caring at all, we only show only concern because we think showing it when limelight is on the issue, is necessary and if we don't people will judge us.

And it is a vicious cycle and circle, where nobody knows why it happens, and looks around to blame everyone else from society to government to police to media, as if they aren't part of.

We have seen so many shitty things in India that  many of us are desensitized to these cases of rapes, murders, kidnappings etc. Once or twice in 10 years, a rape case will hog all the limelight especially when it occurs in big cities, rest are all ignored as everyday routine by most of the people. Since the Priyanka Reddy case,  I have seen news of rape of a 6 year old girl and a 70 year old woman but most of the focus is on the former. 

Originally posted by: anjs

This is really pathetic...

Just morning this colleague told me about someone's tweet. It said, something on the lines of girls should carry condom so that rapist can use it .... Where is our society going 

That colleague shouldgive this advise to her real sister as well...and maybe his mother as well.

Originally posted by: FreeTheNipple

We have seen so many shitty things in India that  many of us are desensitized to these cases of rapes, murders, kidnappings etc. Once or twice in 10 years, a rape case will hog all the limelight especially when it occurs in big cities, rest are all ignored as everyday routine by most of the people. Since the Priyanka Reddy case,  I have seen news of rape of a 6 year old girl and a 70 year old woman but most of the focus is on the former. 

and your USER ID.

BIGGEST IRONY (of that mindset about females, a human being ..... )

Stark_Wolf thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: tanya_91

That colleague shouldgive this advise to her real sister as well...and maybe his mother as well.

I don't think it was her colleague's advise.. U are reading it wrong.. It was some morons viral tweet