Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Millenium Squad

Posted: 4 years ago

Mujhe is pachde Mai Padna hi nahi... Na Arjun Reddy Dekhi na Kabir Singh na Gully Boy aur na hi padamavat.. Jo movie Mai controvery attach hojye Matlab nahi dekhne ka.. life will be sukhi.

Edited by Zeal17 - 4 years ago
GrumpyTheCat thumbnail

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

nobody is celebrating at his cost??

dude you have people calling him douchebag, MCP, idiot and so many names, while praising her with sentences like, "wow Parvathy said it, did you see the face of that douche Vijay, while Parvathy was slaying it".

You have articles with titles like, "Parvathy calls out Vijay over Arjun Reddy".

You may think he is wrong, and maybe he is wrong, but when media and a section of social media is making it like he is a monster in the world, he is bound to get upset. Obviously, he shouldn't be feeling much about what few sections think, when majority love him, but he is a human being at the end of the day.

Hai bhai. Bichara. Abla nar . “Feminist” ka sataya huwa. 😑

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: GrumpyTheCat

Hai bhai. Bichara. Abla nar . “Feminist” ka sataya huwa. 😑

Is that what you got from my post?

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: GrumpyTheCat

Nobody is celebrating at his cost . People (including me) are applauding Parvathy for putting forth her views (and mine) articulately on his face without being offensive or raising her voice. She was calm and concise. 

He is irritated because he has no defense and he ain’t that bright. 

What does he have to defend? Doing the movie? He played the character..he was not the character..he as a person is not responsible for what the character in the movie did..It was somebody else's vision..someone else's story and direction..he acted it out as n actor..ya the director's views were chauvinist as we all saw in the interview. But both the actors who played that character never defended it..It's like telling the actors playing villains not to play them coz they r wrong..

Outcome of all this for him would be just that he would be careful of the characters he chooses to play

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Aww. Boohoohoo, Crybaby! 😆This is what is called impact of social criticism! These guys have no problem taking all the credit for the movies's success and glorification of violent pigs but actual criticism from the public is getting on your nerves? Too bad then lmao! 

Am so glad this conversation is not ending anytime soon. And it shouldn't either. It needs to continue. Now people like him and Shahid and literally any other actor who thinks they can get away with playing glorified violent men on screen will think twice before doing a movie like this. Actors in this country need a conscience and reality check! You can no longer get away with bs,certainly not entire movies which are hurtful to women and somehow aspirational to young men in this country. Keep crying 😆

GrumpyTheCat thumbnail

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

Is that what you got from my post?

Ya .. I got you. He is a human and he has feelings. 

Pain-in-ur-Neck thumbnail

Originally posted by: Guguminti

Make Kabir Singh, Arjun Reddy A Hit. Make it the actors turning point in their career. And then blame the HERO ONLY for all the Misogyny. Y not irritate the Heorines, the producer, director everyone equally

Heroine most definitely should be called out too .... Getting married to someone just becoz she got pissed over "no response" from the hero and then getting divorced in few days! Way to ruin someone's life over some silly ego issue!

TMKOC_MY thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: niyati13

What does he have to defend? Doing the movie? He played the character..he was not the character..he as a person is not responsible for what the character in the movie did..It was somebody else's vision..someone else's story and direction..he acted it out as n actor..ya the director's views were chauvinist as we all saw in the interview. But both the actors who played that character never defended it..It's like telling the actors playing villains not to play them coz they r wrong..

Outcome of all this for him would be just that he would be careful of the characters he chooses to play

Full points for acting then (although I haven't seen any of them) but at the end of the day it was his and the rest of the cast's choice to be a part of a misogynistic movie. Looking at the crime rates against women it's not gonna help by any means at all but will glorify it only.

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Lol 

There is nothing wrong with championing parvathys voice ...she deserves it since she made valid points 

What is indeed unwarranted is labelling the actor as a chauvinist for playing it or putting him on the spot to explain himself over and over again ....particularly given he’s not an actor with any influence at the time he signed the movie..he was a struggler hungry for an opportunity...

All those over dramatic tweets and articles claiming he and parvathy gave each other death stares, or parvathy “putting him in place” or he was “ pissed off with her” and is “crying” 😂... did we even watch the same interview...? Lol his response was very chill ...

Even the so called “nonsense” he said about female actors taking more risks was in a funny way and he said it shouldn’t be made a gender thing coz people like ayushman were brave enough to play a balding guy onscreen....he also agreed that.. females were pushed to take risks since they were judged in a harsher way compared to men ..

Point is one feels the need to pull one down to appreciate another these days...that is unnecessary...appreciate parvathy all u want...what’s with all the khayali pulao abt Vijay being a jerk lol...

Edited by pathaka - 4 years ago
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: TMKOC_MY

Full points for acting then (although I haven't seen any of them) but at the end of the day it was his and the rest of the cast's choice to be a part of a misogynistic movie. Looking at the crime rates against women it's not gonna help by any means at all but will glorify it only.

Ya that's y I said he will be more careful of his choices now onwards..

Makers may not have anticipated such a backlash..some societies may not see this behaviour as problematic or brush them under the carpet..but when it is made for a larger audience not everyone will keep quiet..

I didn't know about Arjun Reddy but got to know it was a massive hit. A remake was planned just coz audience accepted it...and KS also was a hit. I know of many women who loved it..judge them all u want..

But it saw more people speaking out against it and made the makers realise it's problematic..

Same happened with PPAW. That dialogue was shown to multiple people before trailer release and no one said it was problematic..but it was criticized after trailer release and was removed.

Ab yahan to AR and KS r already released and became superhit. What can the team do? Revoke the print?

Edited by niyati13 - 4 years ago