Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hotchic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 years ago

Deepika Padukone, normally a diplomatic and reticent actor who chooses her words carefully, however, chose to speak up against it, and basically shut down anyone trying to defend it.

What can only be described as meme-worthy gold, Deepika’s reaction was truly priceless, and said what she really thought about his position, both with words, and with an expression which gave her internal cringing away.

In speaking about this, Parvathy went on to slam Deverakonda’s film Arjun Reddy to his face, citing how problematic the idea of couples hitting each other is. A survivor of abuse herself, Parvathy talked about the conditioning that such films do, and how they make even victims justify a partner’s bad behaviour, saying she went through the same herself.

As we’ve mentioned above, the best reaction to Vijay’s statements came from Deepika, who was sitting right next to him, and couldn’t hide her expressions

Deepika’s initial poker face and refusal to meet Vijay’s eyes said it all in the beginning, but at one point, the ludicrousness of his words made her smirk, after which DP went straight back to stonily staring at the floor, clutching her coffee mug with a rage most women can relate to. Unable to contain it after a point, the queen spoke: “In our country, cinema has the power to influence. It may not be the only reason for influence … but whether we like it or not, cinema and cricket are the two most influential things.”

While everyone in the room tried to laugh it off like an awkward subject they can no longer broach in fear of it creating conflict in the room, Deepika had said her part, and how. Despite the fact that Ranveer tried to joke and disrupt the interview on several occasions, Deepika held her ground and FINALLY reminded us why we, as a nation, are so obsessed with her. We’d say this was a win for feminism.

Since parvathy has been making more headlines  after the interview, so PR articles have slowly turned into descriptive essays. Her PR never disappoints @red🤣. 

Edited by hotchic2 - 4 years ago
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: hotchic2

Deepika Padukone, normally a diplomatic and reticent actor who chooses her words carefully, however, chose to speak up against it, and basically shut down anyone trying to defend it.

What can only be described as meme-worthy gold, Deepika’s reaction was truly priceless, and said what she really thought about his position, both with words, and with an expression which gave her internal cringing away.

In speaking about this, Parvathy went on to slam Deverakonda’s film Arjun Reddy to his face, citing how problematic the idea of couples hitting each other is. A survivor of abuse herself, Parvathy talked about the conditioning that such films do, and how they make even victims justify a partner’s bad behaviour, saying she went through the same herself.

As we’ve mentioned above, the best reaction to Vijay’s statements came from Deepika, who was sitting right next to him, and couldn’t hide her expressions

Deepika’s initial poker face and refusal to meet Vijay’s eyes said it all in the beginning, but at one point, the ludicrousness of his words made her smirk, after which DP went straight back to stonily staring at the floor, clutching her coffee mug with a rage most women can relate to. Unable to contain it after a point, the queen spoke: “In our country, cinema has the power to influence. It may not be the only reason for influence … but whether we like it or not, cinema and cricket are the two most influential things.”

While everyone in the room tried to laugh it off like an awkward subject they can no longer broach in fear of it creating conflict in the room, Deepika had said her part, and how. Despite the fact that Ranveer tried to joke and disrupt the interview on several occasions, Deepika held her ground and FINALLY reminded us why we, as a nation, are so obsessed with her. We’d say this was a win for feminism.

Since parvathy has been making more headlines  after the interview, so PR articles have slowly turned into descriptive essays. Her PR never disappoints @red🤣. 

Yea and her own pr is bashing her husband, calling him out for disrupting the interview smiley37

Find something new to bash her, this pr thing has become old now

hotchic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: anjs

Yea and her own pr is bashing her husband, calling him out for disrupting the interview 🤣

Find something new to bash her, this pr thing has become old now

That part is actually the evidence. 

MaalGang thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I feel we should give one or two lessons about PR here. What is even Idiva? People have been praising DP on twitter for backing up the other actress and shutting her rude ass husband down. To give you an idea how PR works, they mainly target big websites aka MM, Filmfare and mostly PinkVilla not floppy like idiva. What’s even that?

MaalGang thumbnail

Originally posted by: hotchic2

That part is actually the evidence. 

I feel we should give one or two lessons about PR here. What is even Idiva? People have been praising DP on twitter for backing up the other actress and shutting her rude ass husband down. To give you an idea how PR works, they mainly target big websites aka MM, Filmfare and mostly PinkVilla not floppy like idiva. What’s even that? Nobody even visit those so why waste money on it? It’s like posting a PR article on a random blog. There’s no point, it won’t reach anyone.

Edited by Givemyaccount - 4 years ago
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Givemyaccount

I feel we should give one or two lessons about PR here. What is even Idiva? People have been praising DP on twitter for backing up the other actress and shutting her rude ass husband down. To give you an idea how PR works, they mainly target big websites aka MM, Filmfare and mostly PinkVilla not floppy like idiva. What’s even that?

why do you dislike Ranveer so much lol.

MaalGang thumbnail

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

why do you dislike Ranveer so much lol.

I wish them the best in their relationship but I find him so very irritating. Usually both of them indulge in ridiculous PDA then in that case I blame both, in this roundtable he kept interrupting her. She was trying to get her point across and not only he tried to shut her down but also at some moment kissing her randomly. Now all YouTube comments are about stupid PDA but for once she did good. 

In conclusion: I don’t see them bringing good out of each other.

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Givemyaccount

I wish them the best in their relationship but I find him so very irritating. Usually both of them indulge in ridiculous PDA then in that case I blame both, in this roundtable he kept interrupting her. She was trying to get her point across and not only he tried to shut her down but also at some moment kissing her randomly. Now all YouTube comments are about stupid PDA but for once she did good. 

In conclusion: I don’t see them bringing good out of each other.

Ranveer was so unprofessional in this interview. I cant state it enough. He really needs to understand Deepika came here as an artist and her opinions should be heard by him as a fellow artist and not his wife. He was out of line many times. Urgh. Don't even get me started about his interrupting ways. It was like it was his chat show and not Anupama's. 

He was also mansplaining along with Vijay when it came to the women's narrative. 'Vijay I agree' and 'We will talk about it at home'. He was horrible in this.  Why does he need to talk about it at home about women taking more risks. Deepika said to that 'why don't you talk about it here'.

The risk taking thing was about what Shoojit said about women taking more risks and the way he deflected that on Ayushman when the guy himself knew enough not to get involved.

That shoulder kissing thing was..cringe. This is a professional interview for heaven's sake. 

Edited by AllThatCritique - 4 years ago
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

This woman was meh..she was sitting there busy in her PDA..and she is so bad at articulating her thoughts with her struggle to get 'responsibly' correct after calling it responsibilty 2 times..her points were nothing applaud worthy either

the hero was parvathy...and her team is very smartly trying to again make her the hero when she was one of the bollywood headliners dumbos who sat there making little to nothing note worthy contribution

let parvathy shine coz she single handedly and very articulately (dp take notes) and calmly (alia take notes) and without constantly interrupting others (ranveer take notes) spoke the most sense and oh so well