Does RK become as obsessive as Mir Hadi in Khaani?

hui4163 thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Hi,

I recently watched Khaani (first 21 episodes only as the last 10 no longer focused on the romance) and its story was so compelling!!! This is exactly the kind of intense obsessive romances that I'm looking for: One where the the leading male's more villainous (preferably the most powerful person) and becomes utterly obsessed with the heroine. Khaani's unique in that the villain, Mir Hadi, is actually the male lead, so he's the hero as well. But I saw him as the villain because he's pretty much the main antagonist of the series and never gets the h's love.

My only problem with this series from the first 21 episodes I've watched was that I felt that the transition from bafflement/fascination to obsessive love was too fast. I would have liked to have more exposition, more stalking/encounters with Khaani, the h, on the part of Hadi before he realizes his feelings. The drama really rushed through this phase as the Hadi realized his feelings literally right after the scene where he's pondering over when he'll finally lose his patience with Khaani. It was really jarring when he declared his love practically out of the left field. I really wanted more fun scenes where he's still unaware of his feelings, yet can't stay away from Khaani. A continuous buildup like that leading to an explosive encounter where he finally understands that he's in love would have been way better. This part definitely needed more dragging out and I feel an Indian or Kdrama would definitely have worked on this a lot more. I actually wouldn't mind if this transitional phase dragged on for as long as possible, so long as there's dozens of hot scenes with our leads:) Still, the actor was so swoonworthy and I was too invested in their romance that I had to continue watching, lol. 

RK in Madhubala seems to have what I'm looking for: A hot villainous male lead who falls hard for the female lead. But is the "falling in love" process done well (doesn't fall right away and you get to see it in convincing detail) and does the heroine have a backbone? Also does RK get as obsessive/possessive as Mir Hadi does?

Thanks! I love quality dramas with hot/obsessively in love villainous male leads -makes the romance all the more intense. Lol, my favorite series (all well-done with explosive chemistry btw hot leads) with this trope are pretty much all Thai dramas: Game Rai Game Ruk, Roy Leh Sanae Rai (2002), and Sawan Biang (2008).  I need more good ones, lol.