Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Topic might sound risky but its execution was like a mainstream Bollywood movie with great songs, masala, and larger-than-life hero

On the other hand, Article 15 was a dark film, and Ayushman's role was understated and never the typical policeman. Also no songs or masala.

So no, Article 15 was a riskier subject than Padman -- its not just about the topic, it's the execution which determines the final content.

Article 15 had songs too...just that the romantic number din't click...How was Akki's character larger than life? He was never the hero...the under-dog who kept failing untill he succeeded... menstruation is a taboo subject...article 15 was a controversial subject of caste not risky ... Anubhav Sinha was hoping for some controversy...just that it din't happen ðŸ˜† 

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Zeal17

Its actually the opposite. He is more like Akshay than Aamir.  

Ayushman has found one genre like Akshay that is Social Cause/Stigma and just doing those movies. Nothing hugely experimental. Whereas, Aamir gets into the core of the character, ready to put in effort to change appearance as well. 

Andhadhun was not a Social Cause/Stigma film.

Having said that, Social Cause/ Stigma is not an easy or a hegemonic genre. Not if you have movies like Article 15 which are dark and unsettling. On the other hand, Badhai Ho is light and breezy.

Ayushman is nothing like Akshay. But that's just my opinion, you are free to have yours:-)

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Andhadhun was not a Social Cause/Stigma film.

Having said that, Social Cause/ Stigma is not an easy or a hegemonic genre. Not if you have movies like Article 15 which are dark and unsettling. On the other hand, Badhai Ho is light and breezy.

Ayushman is nothing like Akshay. But that's just my opinion, you are free to have yours:-)

Vicky Donor is a 2012 Indian romantic comedy film

Nautanki Saala! is an Indian romantic comedy-drama

Bewakoofiyaan is a 2014 Indian Hindi-language romantic comedy film

Dum Laga Ke Haisha, is a 2015 romantic comedy-drama film

Meri Pyaari Bindu is an Indian Hindi romantic comedy film

Bareilly Ki Barfi is a 2017 Indian romantic comedy film

Shubh Mangal Saavdhan is a 2017 Indian Hindi-language romantic comedy drama film

Andhadhun is a 2018 Indian black comedy crime thriller film

Badhaai Ho is a 2018 Indian Hindi-language comedy-drama film

Article 15 is a 2019 Indian Hindi-language crime drama film

Dream Girl is a 2019 Indian Hindi-language comedy film

Bala is a 2019 Indian Hindi-language social problem comedy film

Gulabo Sitabo is an upcoming 2020 Indian family comedy-drama film 

Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan is an upcoming Indian Hindi-language romantic comedy drama film

Edited by Zeal17 - 4 years ago
aishwarya12joys thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: LiveEatLove

He did a padman...riskier project...

Padman disappointed one large time. The lead character kissed another woman while being married to one and if the other woman was sending him back he could have never come back to his village. The love triangle ruined the feel of the whole movie 

aishwarya12joys thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

My sister usually checks the reviews of the movies before going to theatre it does not matter how much ever big stars they are but recently I have saw her that she does not check any of the reviews of the ayushmann's movie, she is so confident that movie would be well that she directly books the ticket. She stared doing this after she watched article 15 and she even recently went to bala. I did not see her do this to aamir and akshay movies, she missed mission mangal after reading a review. The only time she went to the theatre after reading the review and excepting a bakwas movie was dilwale but that was because of me I was so crazy about SRK and kajol after a long time together that I cared very less about Story for that time. Ayushmann right now has earned a fan following that believes that he would deliver something which is worth of buying the tickets and public has started believing his choices than the reviews. As personality wise ayushmann comes out as a very humble and warm person no offense to akshay and amir they may be good as well but yeah but ayushmann as more charming at least for me and the people whom I interacted with. 

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Good script sense lead to Ayushmann gaining the massive credibility he has now. So definitely Aamir. Uske wife ko general audience jante aur pechante bhi nahi. The most they know is that his wife had cancer and he was supportive. Bas. 

Ayushmann doesn't work behind the camera, just picks up good scripts and also doesn't take time in his projects. He's the new Akshay.

GumGum thumbnail

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

Good script sense lead to Ayushmann gaining the massive credibility he has now. So definitely Aamir. Uske wife ko general audience jante aur pechante bhi nahi. The most they know is that his wife had cancer and he was supportive. Bas. 

Kiran ko kitne log jaante? These faux-intellectual type wives help the husband get credibility among the faux-connoisseurs. Jaise Film Companion wale, Masand, aur kuch wannabes. 

Edited by zoinks - 4 years ago
Melissaa thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

According to me he is more Akki like than Aamir. Like Akki his choices are formulaic just like Akki from time to time Aayush also does movies out of the syllabus/formula. I'm sure both of them will only  follow the formula till it stops giving positive result after that they will move on to the next hit formula. Aamir's choices are more organic he does not have a formula or set of rules that need to be checked for him to greenlight a particular project.. But like Aamir Aayush has built a fanbase that trusts his script sense and amassed great goodwill among the audience.

Tahira is more Kiran Rao than Twinkle. Like Kiran she is a wannabe film director, a staunch SJW who loves the limelight and is media savy. Twinkle is a star kid who was an ex actress so even if she was not married to Akki she would have gotten media attention and industry attention by the virtue of her pedigree. 

Edited by Melissaa - 4 years ago
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: aishwarya12joys

Padman disappointed one large time. The lead character kissed another woman while being married to one and if the other woman was sending him back he could have never come back to his village. The love triangle ruined the feel of the whole movie 

He didn't kissed her, she kissed him, difference. He was never in love with Sonam's character, she was.