Is it racist that Black Captain America is not getting his film?(Page 2)

Posted: 10 months ago

Originally posted by return_to_hades

1. It is NOT Black Captain America IT IS Falcon

2. Black Panther has a movie with an all-black cast except for Andy Serkis

3. There is a Black Panther sequel coming. There is a Shang Chi movie coming. Kamala Khan/Miss Marvel is supposed to enter the MCU as well. Monica Rambeau was introduced and the character of Maria Rambeau was created. 

4.  Heimdall and Valkyrie are black. When was the last time you heard of black Nordic mythical beings or poc Nordic beings?

I don't think MCU or its showrunners are racist or misogynist. They are doing their best to represent diverse characters. Despite significant backlash they have stood by their diverse characters and moved forward to expand them.  

Could MCU be better? Of course. But having room for improvement doesn't mean you suck. Perhaps instead of calling MCU racist - you should focus on the actual racists who don't want MCU to be diverse......

This

0 Likes this

Originally posted by return_to_hades

IMHO Falcon not getting a movie has nothing to do with race. How would you explain Scarlet Witch or Vision not getting their own movies? Or Hawkeye? 

Some comic book characters are hugely popular, have several comic story arcs, and in general, make for good movies. Others are lesser-known, are mostly side characters, and do not have a big-screen draw. 

Scarlet Witch actress Elizabeth Olsen was actually offered for her own solo movie, but she denied to do a solo movie herself so the makers isn't progressing the MCU storyline that way. So instead Scarlet Witch is having her own show like Hawkeye and Falcon. But in the comics Scarlet Witch is among the most popular Marvel characters and one of the strongest Avengers.

0 Likes this

[Content Removed]

Falcon is not captain America just cause he has the shield.. He is falcon with a shield

1 Likes this

Why do people expect HW to be diverse but none such from BW or their own local movie industry?! Wouldn't local industries have more prominence on their majority? I get NA is becoming more diverse so HW is embracing it but everything has it's own pace and time!

1 Likes this

Another click bait topic smiley12.

0 Likes this

Originally posted by Looney86

I'm not assuming. I'm sure that marvel is being racist.

how are you sure??

What proof do you have??

0 Likes this

[Content Removed]