Aishwarya on Priyanka Chopra Jonas and representing India globally

Fluffyalexis thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

we bring you a portion of our interview where the beautiful actress opened up about representing India on the global map, how Priyanka Chopra Jonas and she managed to become international icons and of course, how she manages to stay relevant even after 25 years in the film industry.

When asked about representing India globally, Aishwarya said, "I have never been about 'this is about me.' I have genuinely been thankful to people who give us an opportunity which enhances our experience and introduce us to a wider audience. More than about being hobnobbing what's been wonderful is that people discovered our work. It is commendable."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shailesh_Rathi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

She's always been insecure. Not once has she given one clear compliment to a contemporary Bollywood heroine who she has viewed as a competitor.   It's always her high-handed attitude that turns me off. 

Edited by Shailesh_Rathi - 4 years ago
KebabMeinHaddi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Where did she comment on PC here? ðŸ˜•

She was just doing,  "Apne mooh miya mitthu" ðŸ˜†

Shailesh_Rathi thumbnail

Originally posted by: KebabMeinHaddi

Where did she comment on PC here? ðŸ˜•

She was just doing,  "Apne mooh miya mitthu" ðŸ˜†

😆 oh I didn't realize, she was just praising herself.  That's even worse.  And her first sentence is, I have never been about "this is about me."

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Shailesh_Rathi

She's always been insecure. Not once has she given one clear compliment to a contemporary Bollywood heroine who she has viewed as a competitor.   It's always her high-handed attitude that turns me off. 

She does praise people a lot. But she's measured in her compliments and doesn't go overboard like rest of BW does. Besides, in this context, I don't think Priyanka hasn't done anything yet that deserves such high praise

Shailesh_Rathi thumbnail

Originally posted by: ponymo

She does praise people a lot. But she's measured in her compliments and doesn't go overboard like rest of BW does. Besides, in this context, I don't think Priyanka hasn't done anything yet that deserves such high praise

Really, where?? Except for her father-in-law, husband and daughter or someone she's connected to, she is not known for giving gushing compliments.  

I have yet to see her praise contemporaries, to be honest. This is not even a measured compliment, lol.  And she included herself in the compliment even though she has not achieved even half as much as Priyanka.   Aish herself has been overhyped for her generation.  

ponymo thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shailesh_Rathi

Really, where?? Except for her father-in-law, husband and daughter or someone she's connected to, she is not known for giving gushing compliments.  

I have yet to see her praise contemporaries, to be honest. This is not even a measured compliment, lol.  And she included herself in the compliment even though she has not achieved even half as much as Priyanka.   Aish herself has been overhyped for her generation.  

Precisely for the reason they are family. Duh. There are things she's said about her contemporaries that are out there for you to read. Do some research.

Also no, she did not include herself in the compliment, the question itself was framed in a way that says "you already did this 15 years ago", so she's giving credit to everyone who's done their bit and not keeping it to herself.

Disagree that she's not even achieved half as much. In an age without social media and much less globalization, she's managed to do what no actress before her had done. Also, her struggles were different. Priyanka wasn't ostracized from the industry the way Ash was. Going to Hollywood wasn't a strategic movie, but more of a necessity. So yeah, you can't compare Priyanka and Ash because that's like comparing apples to oranges. But you can still pick Priyanka by an means and exercise your bias.

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

How Aish manages to stay relevant? Cannes and Bachan khandan.. that's pretty much all that she is known for these days

Shailesh_Rathi thumbnail

Originally posted by: ponymo

Precisely for the reason they are family. Duh. There are things she's said about her contemporaries that are out there for you to read. Do some research.

Also no, she did not include herself in the compliment, the question itself was framed in a way that says "you already did this 15 years ago", so she's giving credit to everyone who's done their bit and not keeping it to herself.

Disagree that she's not even achieved half as much. In an age without social media and much less globalization, she's managed to do what no actress before her had done. Also, her struggles were different. Priyanka wasn't ostracized from the industry the way Ash was. Going to Hollywood wasn't a strategic movie, but more of a necessity. So yeah, you can't compare Priyanka and Ash because that's like comparing apples to oranges. But you can still pick Priyanka by an means and exercise your bias.

😆 Aishwarya cannot act to save her life, which is the reason for her own downfall from stardom. Which is why she is still introduced as Miss World whereas Priyanka has added more feathers to her cap. Actually, am a fan of neither of them but to give credit where it is due, Priyanka did do an incredible job of positioning herself globally from scratch. Am going sorely by facts. But you certainly are free to delude yourself on Aish's various accomplishments, which are sorely lacking. And makes sense why it is very hard for her to give honest compliments to others. Which is exactly why she married into a Bollywood family to keep her relevant.  Also until she got married, she ensured that her name was linked to top Bollywood actors at that time.  She's made it through on PR alone. I commend you for being a die-hard Aishwarya fan though. 

You will not see Aishwarya on reality TV dance or music shows or on stage shows often, for that very reason that she is not good at protecting her fake image at all times. Her mask slips at times like in one of her interviews on Coffee with Karan. But then again, to each his/her own.

Actually Aishwarya Rai had the upper hand because she got the backing of a director who gave her 2 lead roles in Hollywood films. (Which again bombed because she cannot act or speak well). Priyanka on the other hand has to start from scratch in Hollywood films, starting from minor parts in films after having a hit TV show. She too had to go to Hollywood because her offers in Hindi films were drying up. But now that she is famous in the west, people are now willing to give her good parts in Indian movies.  She's producing regional movies as well. So in that sense, she's working hard on both ends at least. She probably has more to do and achieve, but she certainly didn't have it easy either.

ponymo thumbnail

^Will not dignify myself with this discussion because you stooped so low by going personal just for the sake of winning an argument lmao bye