Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ffkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

Not all the Pakistani people are fair-skinned. I have a Pakistani female friend whose skin complexion is dark.

LaalGulab thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

I think Hantel's comment is directed at those very vocal colorist Pakistani public who trash dusky Indian celebrity women's beauty on the regular and say how they have better looking women(read fairer) in guise of patriotism when it's basic ass colorism. 

Okay. 

I was genuinely asking because India and Pakistan have almost similar weather conditions, so it's weird that all Pakistanis are fair skinned, contrary to the brown skinned Indians.

FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ffkhan

Not all the Pakistani people are fair-skinned. I have a Pakistani female friend whose skin complexion is dark.

I know, I am just kidding. 😆

ffkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: FreeTheNipple

I know, I am just kidding. 😆

If that's the case, then thank God!!😆😆

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Arieltabi

Hollywood is going overboard in the name of diversity😆 This debate is going out of the end.And Marvel is trying to cash on the trend I guess like everyone else.

Ikr. They had an opportunity while making Aladdin...but they chose an British actress with Indian roots over an Indian born actress.

Now unnecessarily they are making Miss Marvel whereas so many other characters deserve the spotlight.

anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Im sure Suhana will not get it

KebabMeinHaddi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Good that she is auditioning for films, rather than getting roles served on a platter for her 

Hazardous thumbnail

Nahhh come on now. The least they can do is cast someone whose conventionally attractive. Plus Suhana is so OTT in her stage plays from what I’ve seen, I don’t know how well she’d do. Other than that, the character is of Pakistani-American heritage, written by a Pakistani-American. I don’t think there’s any representation of Pakistani actresses in Hollywood. For men there’s Riz Ahmed and Kumail Nanjiani but can’t think of a single one when it comes to females.

Edited by Hazardous - 4 years ago
KebabMeinHaddi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Reading the comments on this thread makes me feel that it was not right to let Pakistani actors work in Bollywood ðŸ¤”

If an Indian cannot play the role of a Pakistani, then how could Pakistanis do justice to Indian roles? 

This is not what I felt till now, but the comments on this forum, and specially this thread, makes me feel like that