Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arieltabi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

Well they had an American playing a Russian superhero (Black Widow), so its not the nationality that matters. Its important that whoever plays the part must look the part, so any South Asian actress will do.

Although I don't think they should make a Miss Marvel series or movie, her character doesn't seem that fascinating enough or worth it...she seems more like a secondary character. There are many many more South Asian Marvel characters they could bring into the MCU...Kamala Khan is just overrated imo...

@Bold: She has Russian ancestors. Her mother side of the family is from Russia. She was asked about this during the avengers press conference in Russia. 

Edited by Arieltabi - 4 years ago
Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Arieltabi

@Bold: She has Russian ancestors. Her mother side of the family is from Russia. She was asked about this during the avengers press conference in Russia. 

Ancestors...she is half Russian but not born and brought up in Russia...

Same way all us South Asians have ancestors in different parts of South Asia but we probably don't know it...we used to be one country once upon a time

A brown girl who fits the part should do well in the role, I wouldn't restrict the nationality.

But there are many options other than Suhana and Alia for this role.

Imo if they are doing this they should cast an unknown face...even tho I pretty much never understood the hype behind Miss Marvel ๐Ÿ˜†

Arieltabi thumbnail

Ancestors...she is half Russian but not born and brought up in Russia...

Same way all us South Asians have ancestors in different parts of South Asia but we probably don't know it...we used to be one country once upon a time

A brown girl who fits the part should do well in the role, I wouldn't restrict the nationality.

But there are many options other than Suhana and Alia for this role.

Imo if they are doing this they should cast an unknown face...even tho I pretty much never understood the hype behind Miss Marvel ๐Ÿ˜†

Obviously. 

I don't want Alia or Suhana either. 

But there are a lot of talented South Asian in USA. There might be Pakistani descendent American actress as well they can choose to play the role. If they can't find any they would look for other South asian decesdents or someone who would look like South Asian. But I don't think they would choose any Pakistani or Indian born n brought up and currently working in the respective industries actors for sure. 

They will choose among Americans only. American who has the background to play the role. 

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

why is this character named 'Kamala' when Kamala is a Indian / Hindu name ??

LaalGulab thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: zoinks

At least pick a fair skinned girl, nahin toh Pakistan wale bawal macha denge.

Why?

Are all Pakistanis fair skinned? 

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Arieltabi

Obviously. 

I don't want Alia or Suhana either. 

But there are a lot of talented South Asian in USA. There might be Pakistani descendent American actress as well they can choose to play the role. If they can't find any they would look for other South asian decesdents or someone who would look like South Asian. But I don't think they would choose any Pakistani or Indian born n brought up and currently working in the respective industries actors for sure. 

They will choose among Americans only. American who has the background to play the role. 

Haan true Kamala Khan is a Pakistani-American. So even if they get a South Asian the actor will have to work on their accent.

But idk why I find her boring ๐Ÿ˜† Ab diversity ke naam pe koi bhi ๐Ÿ˜† Chakra, Rina Patel and Shakti Haddad are more interesting.

elim thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Reddit koi source nahi hai

FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: LaalGulab

Why?

Yes. 

Arieltabi thumbnail

Haan true Kamala Khan is a Pakistani-American. So even if they get a South Asian the actor will have to work on their accent.

But idk why I find her boring ๐Ÿ˜† Ab diversity ke naam pe koi bhi ๐Ÿ˜† Chakra, Rina Patel and Shakti Haddad are more interesting.

Hollywood is going overboard in the name of diversity๐Ÿ˜† This debate is going out of the end.And Marvel is trying to cash on the trend I guess like everyone else.

Edited by Arieltabi - 4 years ago
AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: LaalGulab

Why?

I think Hantel's comment is directed at those very vocal colorist Pakistani public who trash dusky Indian celebrity women's beauty on the regular and say how they have better looking women(read fairer) in guise of patriotism when it's basic ass colorism. 

Edited by AllThatCritique - 4 years ago