Namah : Lakshmi Narayan

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

According to reports, the show’s producer Ved Raj decided to replace lead actor Vikkas Manaktala with Tarun Khanna to play the role of Shiva. The show earlier highlighted the bond and friendship between Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu. However, now, it will be based on Vishnu Puran. Moreover, the title has been changed to Namah — Lakshmi Narayan.

Now, we have heard that the makers have roped in TV actors Anwar Khan, who has featured in shows like Singhasan Battisi and Udann, and Deepak Dutta, who is known for his stint in Anamika and is currently seen in Paramavatar Shri Krishna.

According to sources, post the changes, the story will be on Dashavatar, where Anwar will depict the role of Adi Shankaracharya and Deepak will play the character of Manu, the first person to be born on earth.

The above is a statement issued by TellyChakkar, which gives us an insight into what the future of Namah holds. For me, it has created a few questions. 

Adi Shankaracharya was a veneered sage off the 8th century, his significant role being that off tieing all the ends of Puranas and Vedas into one comprehensive work. So my guess is that he is going to play the part of the narrator rather than Brahma. 

Seeing as they are adopting the Dashavatar having Manu is crucial as he is the one that leads the change that makes the first Matsya Avatar possible. But we have already seen the second Kurma Avatar in Samudra Manthan so are we going to see the past? or is Namah: Lakshmi Narayan going to be whole new show entirely which disregards the happening of the current track? 

Hopefully, the show is not just limited to Dashavtar, I am waiting to see Lakshmi's role as Bhargavi, daughter of sage Bhirgu and sister to Asur Guru Bhargav Shukracharya. The whole new aspect and layer her role adds to Dev-Asur Sangram as the daughter of demons and mother of gods is something that I have wanted to see portrayed on Television for a long time. 

Thanks For Sharing 👏😎

Hopefully, the show is not just limited to Dashavtar, I am waiting to see Lakshmi's role as Bhargavi, daughter of sage Bhirgu and sister to Asur Guru Bhargav Shukracharya. The whole new aspect and layer her role adds to Dev-Asur Sangram as the daughter of demons and mother of gods is something that I have wanted to see portrayed on Television for a long time. 

Wish Such Unseen Stories Explored Through This Show -Lakshmi/Bhargavi😃

Originally posted by vinnas

Thanks For Sharing 👏😎

Wish Such Unseen Stories Explored Through This Show -Lakshmi/Bhargavi😃

Wow that would awesome!

But unfortunately I have very little faith in these shows. They prefer to make up weak stories rather than tell authentic interesting stuff. 

Originally posted by milindt

Wow that would awesome!

But unfortunately I have very little faith in these shows. They prefer to make up weak stories rather than tell authentic interesting stuff. 

There have been lots of series about Radha-Krishna and Ram-Sita, but I think Lakshmi Naryan has a lot of potentials, even I vary of what the makers will put up, but I can't seem to let go of the hope. 

The Bhargavi storyline was explored in the Kannada and Tamil show Dashavatar, flashbacks in Siya Ke Ram also in the 1951 film LakshmiNarayan. But not in a mainstream Hindi show on star plus fully. 

I am an avid reader of the books by Devdutt Patnaik and he expresses the conflict off Lakshmi beautifully. For instance, Lakshmi, as Bhudevi is the red field right before ploughing, is the daughter of demons as they from Patala generate her in the form of nourishment through there Sanjeevani Vidhya is draped in red, and when she is draped in green as in when she is available in the form of green fields the gods distribute her wealth in the form of elements of sun, water, air as her sons. 

The conflict here is important because Asurs as her father thinks they have a claim on her as they keep her rooted and in control which she dislikes and the Gods with their arrogance just want to exploit her wealth, but in the end gods are humbled down and bow down before her and recognise their mother, but the Asurs angry that she choose their Primal Enemy Vishnu as her Consort try and separate them time and time again. Thus she is always swinging back and forth between Gods and Asuras, her life a constant Manthana. 

Now that I have written and reread this I realise I am putting too much faith in the show 😆, they will never be this deep and I don't blame them entirely. The concept of Lakshmi as both Sridevi and Bhudevi is well known in South India but in the shows, they always portray both of them as different beings only recently in shows like Radha-Krishna are they exploring that nature of Lakshmi. 

Either way, only the CVs know the future of the show and I just wish them all the best. 

maybe they are going to revamp the show as you said. 

but it would be interesting to see dashavtar as the whole current track of mahisasur has been repeted across all the shows, it is not that interesting to watch again and again. 

Originally posted by crystalmoon

There have been lots of series about Radha-Krishna and Ram-Sita, but I think Lakshmi Naryan has a lot of potentials, even I vary of what the makers will put up, but I can't seem to let go of the hope. 

The Bhargavi storyline was explored in the Kannada and Tamil show Dashavatar, flashbacks in Siya Ke Ram also in the 1951 film LakshmiNarayan. But not in a mainstream Hindi show on star plus fully. 

I am an avid reader of the books by Devdutt Patnaik and he expresses the conflict off Lakshmi beautifully. For instance, Lakshmi, as Bhudevi is the red field right before ploughing, is the daughter of demons as they from Patala generate her in the form of nourishment through there Sanjeevani Vidhya is draped in red, and when she is draped in green as in when she is available in the form of green fields the gods distribute her wealth in the form of elements of sun, water, air as her sons. 

The conflict here is important because Asurs as her father thinks they have a claim on her as they keep her rooted and in control which she dislikes and the Gods with their arrogance just want to exploit her wealth, but in the end gods are humbled down and bow down before her and recognise their mother, but the Asurs angry that she choose their Primal Enemy Vishnu as her Consort try and separate them time and time again. Thus she is always swinging back and forth between Gods and Asuras, her life a constant Manthana. 

Now that I have written and reread this I realise I am putting too much faith in the show 😆, they will never be this deep and I don't blame them entirely. The concept of Lakshmi as both Sridevi and Bhudevi is well known in South India but in the shows, they always portray both of them as different beings only recently in shows like Radha-Krishna are they exploring that nature of Lakshmi. 

Either way, only the CVs know the future of the show and I just wish them all the best. 

yeah i saw something similar in one of his episodes isn't that what cause the changing seasons ? 

Edited by melodysong - 4 years ago

Originally posted by melodysong

yeah i saw something similar in one of his episodes isn't that what cause the changing seasons ? 

Yup, the Asurs rejuvenate the earth year after year.