Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

crystalmoon thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: melodysong

yeah, for now its just a shiva parvati story there is absolutely no balance in namah. even though the whole durga storyline isnt just about paravti, it is combined power of kali, lakshmi and sarawati that slew the demon but here they are just giving parvati side of the story.

In todays epiosde paravati says something like a women always needs a man to protect her and i just shut my laptop then and there. 

yukti is a amazing actress even with no dialouges or screen time she manages to command the show and own her character cant say the same about chavi though the past two weeks have been about her she has gotten multiple costumes and 2 differnt character to play and still she is feels okay okay. she is pretty and her chemistry with vikas works but u need more than that to run a show.  

This again depends on what scripture you are reading the one that is found in Srimad Bhagwat Mahapuran attributes it to Mahamaya who has taken surgun roop as Durga. 

Shiva Puran will say Parvati is Durga, Vishnu and Padma Puran says its Lakshmi as Vaishnavi who slew Mahisasur. 

But the widely expected notion across all of Sanatan Dharam is that  she is the shakti of all the devas which includes not just Saraswati, Lakshmi, and Kali but also the wives of other gods like Sachi (Indra), Rohini (Chandra), Varuni (Varun), Saranyu (Surya), Svaha (Agni) and many others who took form of the warrior Godesses to kill Mahisasura. 

I think Paravati as Durga became famous because of DKDM and Mahakali serial who centred around Paravati and the shows that came before attributed the role of Durga as the combined Shaktis of Matrikas. Matrikas are a group of mother Godesses who are always depicted together in Hinduism. Matrikas are the different forms of Adi Parashakti. Matrikas are the personified powers of different Gods. Brahmani emerged from Brahma, Vaishnavi from VishnuShivani from Shiva, Indrani from Indra, Kaumari from Skanda, Varahi from Varaha and Narshimi from Narshima. 

I prefer to go by the Shakth Scriptures mainly Durga Shaptasi and Devi Mahatmya in which we find that the presiding deities of the beginning part, the middle part and the ending part to be Mahakali, Mahalakshmi and Mahasarasvati Devi respectively.

Mahakali is Yogmaya, the Yognidra of Vishnu. She puts him into a dreamless slumber. She has 10 heads, 10 hands, and 10 legs. She was the one who was worshipped by Brahma to slay Madhu Kaitabh.

Mahalakshmi is the foremost Divinity declared by Devi Mahatmya. She is the one who existed when nothing lived. In her ugra roop, the warrior form, she slays Mahishasur. She has 18 hands and is the Mulaprakriti( or Param Prakarti as Bhudevi) herself.

Mahasarasvati is Kaushiki Devi. She slayed down Raktbija, Dhumralochana, Shumbha, and Nishumbha. She has 8 hands and materialized from the cells of Kali.

Edited by crystalmoon - 4 years ago
melodysong thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Judging by todays episode, the changes was definitely for the better good call by the producers and the makers. 

melodysong thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I just want to start a fanclub dedicated to Savi, why is he so cutee ðŸ˜³

Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

I just want to start a fanclub dedicated to Savi, why is he so cutee ðŸ˜³

There is a Savi Thakur appreciation thread in the forum.

crystalmoon thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Judging by todays episode, the changes was definitely for the better good call by the producers and the makers. 

Wow, Cant wait to watch the episode then